Old 05-21-2013   #46
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Bonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond repute
PS4 seems A LOT more focused on gaming than this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
After releasing my mix tape here, people are loving it. Like, loving it. I mean to the point that I'm gone to clubs to perform, all black clubs and they give a standing ovation, getting dab from everyone, and on my sort of"party-and-get-fucked-up" records, the whole club is dancing.
Bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #47
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
But still, i was really turned off of the ps3 with its media features. I enjoyed gaming consoles when they were used for games only. Put disc in and play. Its all too media orientated now :/
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #48
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
So you want to just "put the disk in and play" (which you can still do on consoles... you're not being forced to use the media stuff) and you want to switch to a platform that is MUCH more cumbersome when it comes to getting your games set up properly? Oooook.

PC is the exact opposite of what you want. The benefit of PC gaming is the added power and better graphics but that's really it. Have fun dealing with driver issues, crashes, the same patches and updates that are on consoles, and a plethora of other issues.

Also lol @ the specs. Microsoft is dumb. Their focus is on third party yet all third party games will look and run better on PS4. Oops.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #49
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Didn't the PS2 and 1 before that have media playback capability for DVDs? I know the PS2 had that, not sure about PS1

As long as you can put the disc in and play without having to sign in to any online service or jump through hoops I'm happy.
Old 05-21-2013   #50
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
Meh, meh meh.

Absolutely no interest in this. Will be the first console that I won't buy.
Old 05-21-2013   #51
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
PS4, if anything, for me. Maybe next-next-gen they will all go back to focusing primarily on gaming.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #52
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggus View Post
So you want to just "put the disk in and play" (which you can still do on consoles... you're not being forced to use the media stuff) and you want to switch to a platform that is MUCH more cumbersome when it comes to getting your games set up properly? Oooook.

PC is the exact opposite of what you want. The benefit of PC gaming is the added power and better graphics but that's really it. Have fun dealing with driver issues, crashes, the same patches and updates that are on consoles, and a plethora of other issues.

Also lol @ the specs. Microsoft is dumb. Their focus is on third party yet all third party games will look and run better on PS4. Oops.
The benefits of PC gaming is what I want. Im aware of patches and driver issues, the freedom in PC gaming has and always will make up for it. But the sole reason i buy consoles is for simple gaming, now its becoming too mixed and media based... I may aswell just buy a computer instead and upgrade the hardware when i feel the need for a better experience. I dont like the limitations of a console, i figured this out when i played a friends high end PC. It was much more enjoyable.
Old 05-21-2013   #53
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, look at all that cool stuff for America, ..so Microsoft, how about the rest of the world?
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #54
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
https://www.google.com/finance?q=NYS...ZDBLoSm0AHz7wE

BUY BUY BUY
Old 05-21-2013   #55
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-is-not-al...used-509077987

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #56
iKlipse

Quote:

Looks like MS has lost the battle before it even released its console lol
Old 05-21-2013   #57
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
L

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #58
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
Hey guys, remember how we made a console that could compete with the successor of the two best-selling systems of all time? Remember how we did it by releasing it a year earlier, making it easier to develop for, and giving it a considerably lower starting price?
For this generation, we should release it at the same time as the Sony console or even later, base game development around a complicated and unreliable motion control system while the other guy's development accessibility is at an all time high, and wipe our asses with the pricing advantage by making said control system part of the actual console and inflating the cost.

EDIT: I hadn't even seen the reveal yet. The above still stands, just add: don't give it backwards compatibility for the biggest catalog of the last generation, redesign the controller but cop out on fixing the issue even the biggest fan had with it (eight-directional D-pad doesn't work properly? Just make it four-directional!), that god damn Kinect again for emphasis and rule of three.

Last edited by ZCAB; 05-21-2013 at 02:17 PM..
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #59
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
Didn't the PS2 and 1 before that have media playback capability for DVDs? I know the PS2 had that, not sure about PS1

As long as you can put the disc in and play without having to sign in to any online service or jump through hoops I'm happy.
PS1 only did Music CD's

DVD started on PS2

and Blu Ray started on PS3

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #60
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Actually fuck both of the new systems. I forgot all about backwards compatibility, and their lack of.

Same thing that fucked the newer PS3s over for me. ESPECIALLY since they started with it, there was NO goddamned excuse to do away with it. One of the only really cool things about PS3s is that they are region free among Blu-rays and PS3 games. Sadly, the old BC models aren't BC with imported PS1/2 games, though.

I can just rip those and play them on emulator, along with my other games anyway and look much better than the original hardware of either PS2/3could EVER make it.

Luckily my PS3 is an older model, and if anything happens to it that I can't fix somehow, I would never buy a new one. The only way I would EVER buy a newer one would be if the prices on them nosedived later on down the line after the new console release.

The newer system's lack of BC is a MUCH bigger deal, considering some could potentially have hundreds, if not thousands of dollars worth of games, in physical, or virtual form, that are pretty much useless when current gen systems either die or are no longer produced.

Like hell they would even implement BC even if they could, (and who the hell says they really can't), they wouldn't sell older systems if they did that, likely the reason Sony scrapped it with the PS3 when PS2s were still being produced, $100 a pop they were losing at the time per sell of PS3, ON TOP of the money they were losing just from the components of it. They would be losing 2-300 a fucking pop now, and that goes for both Sony and Microsoft this time around because Microsoft (OF ALL FUCKING PEOPLE) was actually fucking nice enough to keep that goddamn feature (albeit dodgy for certain titles) all this time with the 360.

If anything it is genius on their part not including it, even if they could, aside from fucking over millions upon millions of people that have tons of older PS2/3 games.

Too bad the Xbox One we get won't be the Dev one. The one we get will have microscopic tabs/windows from all the goddamn ads they will ejaculate all over the screen constantly all the time. I wonder if they will cram ads in between category/tab switches.

"Watch TV"
>Ad about IE
"Play Game
>Ad about Windows 8
"Go To movies"
>Ad about IE

edit:

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.

Last edited by TGF; 05-21-2013 at 04:03 PM..
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote