Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2013   #1
nfsrookie

nfsrookie is an unknown quantity at this point
Modding Problems (iCE, Cars, Maps, Trainer)

Hello Community,

Today I've registered here as I, again, tried to modify my GTA IV, I've modded my game some time ago, so I know some general things, but since I don't seem to be able to fix some of my problems, I'll ask them here. Just in case some problems are discussed somewhere here, I'll say sorry in advance and would be thankfull for any links.

To begin, here are my current system settings:
AMD Phenom II X4 965
ATI Radeon HD5850 (1GB GDDR5)
8GB DDR3 Memory

1. (PC Performance with iCEnhancer): I have got the Steamversion of GTA IV, and downgraded it to 1.0.0.4 in order to properly use iCEnhancer, it seems to work quite nicely, but still with some lag (I guess its just because I only have 1GB of video memory?), my question would be if there are some recomended settings in order to rescue some FPS (I've tried putting shadows, texture filtering and water quality down a bit).

2. (Carmods): I have replaced a lot of cars in my game, and gotten some problems with that:
- the well known taxi-bug is still bothering me, I've tried the Trafficflow mod, but it doesnt seem to be the best solution to me, has anyone a better idea how to fix this and make the game spawn a decent amount of different cars?
- the cars, of course, do handle weirdly, I know I have to change the handling of them (lower center of gravity or something like that?), but I'm not realy sure how to do that, and which tool would be best for that, has anyone a good tutorial on that? Or any tipps on how to easily fix some of the major handling problems (like spinning, realy bad braking)?
- Is there a way to change the displayed name of the cars ingame? (Like Sentinel --> BMW M3 E46)
- Is there a way to change the colour- and parts- options of the cars? As some cars would spawn with weird coloured rims, and some with missing bumpers (due to some modifiable parts I guess)

3. (Mapmod): I have installed the "Wind Farm Island" Map mod, everything works nice, beside I don't have the new area shown on my minimap, inside the modfolder there a radar.img file, I seem to know that sometime ago I got working that the minimap showed the new area, so I guess I need to put that thing somewhere, (pc/data/models/cdimages wasnt the right path, learned that the hard way)...

4. (Using a Trainer): It seems the Simplenativetrainer doesnt work with my GTA IV, as soon as I put the required .ini and .asi files into the folder, the game crashes while loading, and yes I have the scripthook.dll and dsound.dll in the folder, I think this might come from an incompatiblity with iCEnhancer? Does anyone have a solution for that, or at least a good alternative tool to spawn vehicles? The ones I tried so far werent very good...

Would be thankful for any help on that.
nfsrookie is offline   Reply With Quote