Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013   #46
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
This chatter about preferring to play as character X/Y/Z seems a bit too role play-ish to me, but whatever floats your boat.

The only things that would affect my decision would be any gameplay differences. Like how Johnny and Luis had improved bike and car handling respectively, I understand Franklin will have improved road vehicle handling due to his experience as a vehicle repo man while Trevor will be best for aircraft due to his military background. Is this confirmed?

What about Michael? Guns maybe.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013   #47
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
I think it's natural for people to pick favourite characters, just as it would be for any TV show or movie. Though having a favourite shouldn't stop people from playing as the other two because that seems limiting. When I watch Breaking Bad, for example, my favourite character is Jesse, but I'm not going to skip scenes of the show that he isn't in. You know? That would be silly.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013   #48
Yellow_sentinel
hello there

Yellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_86 View Post
Like how Johnny and Luis had improved bike and car handling respectively, [...]
Playing as Luis improved car handing?

I thought the handling files were slightly changed in the episodes, not by the characters.

Fantastic trailer by the way. Rockstar are damn amazing.
Yellow_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013   #49
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Franklins trailer, hes talking with his back to a wall covered in graffiti and near the bottom it says grove. Could be a reference to the old grove st, or grove st could exist? Could explain the green vs. Purple gang colors.

The games looking great and they werent kidding about it being huge. I am looking forward to trevor the most but its a pretty tough choice, they all look interesting. Cant wait to explore again like i did in san andreas.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013   #50
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
You think there will be cryptic references to people like CJ (a leader that brought the Ballaz to their knees and Grove street up on top, psychopath)?

Maybe you could even make some small hints about previous big heists like the one in Vice City like gossip and etc.

Sure, the old characters are buried and dead but since the Lost MC and Grove street is mentioned I think they could also stretch to some hints/legends about what some of the previous protagonists accomplished in the world.
Old 05-01-2013   #51
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
I think there will be plenty of references. I do think johnny klebitz will appear in GTA V. As Ash spooted in the 2nd trailer, two people who resembled johhny and ash could be seen as trevor was stomping in the guys skull. Now the Lost MC is confirmed, this could be where the lost ended up after burning down the alderney chapter.
Old 05-01-2013   #52
phexitol
Ant Fart Video Thug

phexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enough
A few things I've noticed:

* The gang in green is possibly now known as The Hills - check out the graffiti higher on the wall where it says "Grove St."

* The man being punched by Michael at the car dealership may be Franklin's Armenian employer.

* The scene where three bikes are being chased by police is more than likely a continuation of the jewellery store heist mission, as all three men on bikes are wearing what appears to be BugStars uniforms. Oddly enough, Michael and an unknown male are also observed in this sequence, but they are in a truck, which they ram into one of the police cars.

* The trio are seen robbing a jewellery store in clothing almost identical to that worn in the GTA IV mission "Three Leaf Clover".

* Trevor has a strange way of treating people who appear to be his friends.
phexitol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013   #53
iKlipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by phexitol View Post
Michael and an unknown male
Im thinking it could be michaels son jimmy, im also wondering if hes based off of jonah hill. I dont think its his voice though but i couldnt really tell.
Old 05-01-2013   #54
Russ
Dats da fact jack!

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
You think there will be cryptic references to people like CJ (a leader that brought the Ballaz to their knees and Grove street up on top, psychopath)?

Maybe you could even make some small hints about previous big heists like the one in Vice City like gossip and etc.

Sure, the old characters are buried and dead but since the Lost MC and Grove street is mentioned I think they could also stretch to some hints/legends about what some of the previous protagonists accomplished in the world.
I'm not sure about the PS2 era of GTA games, but there should be some reference to the events of IV. I mean the bank heist, the battle and eventual losing of the diamond score and the biker wars were pretty noteworthy. There could be a mention through the criminal grapevine. You know, "well remember what those Lost MC guys ended up doing in LC, they could be planning a war like that." Or some shit like that. That's definitely a Lost MC jacket that guy is wearing. So amped up for this game. I hope these three songs make it on the soundtrack. Always loved "Radio Ga-Ga" I can only imagine what classic songs they plan on using.

Last edited by Russ; 05-01-2013 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013   #55
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Can someone make a transcript of all three trailers? I'm trying to hear some dialogue but can't make it out.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013   #56
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Character Trailers - Things to Notice
Lukeyy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013   #57
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_sentinel View Post
Playing as Luis improved car handing?

I thought the handling files were slightly changed in the episodes, not by the characters.
Same thing no? Maybe it's your wording... i.e. Bike handling was different in TLAD than the other two. If you want to say 'TLAD had better bike handling' or 'Johnny had better bike handling' it's the same thing. (Not sure about multiplayer).

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure TBoGT had tightened handling in non-bike road vehicles compared to IV & TLAD (Plus, Luis' bike skills seem more like Niko than Johnny). There's a line of dialogue where Tony mentions he got Luis defensive driving lessons, which I realise doesn't prove it but I think that was there to justify the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himuro View Post
Can someone make a transcript of all three trailers? I'm trying to hear some dialogue but can't make it out.
Michael's:

Therapist: What do you want Michael?
Michael: I don't know... I want something that isn't this.
Tracy: Mom! Jimmy called me a bitch!
Michael: Yeah, I wanna be a good dad, love my family, live the dream.
Michael: Give me that!
Tracy: I hate you!
Jimmy: Why do I have to hold your hand through this whole mid-life crisis bullshit?!
Michael: Come here!
Amanda: Don't kill him!
Michael: But at the same time... I really want the other stuff too.
Therapist: And you're plainly addicted to chaos.
Michael: Well I'm not sure that's true doc.
Michael: I'm rich. I'm miserable. I'm pretty average for this town.
Therapist: I think you need a new therapist.

Franklin's:

Franklin: So you giving me a lecture about not being a good enough gang banger?
Lamar: That's all we got. That's our heritage.
Franklin: I thought we was trying to get out of this bullshit.
Lamar: You're sounding more and more like a snee-eye-itch everyday.
Franklin: Yeah, I sound like somebody trying to make some paper and not get killed.
Lamar: Oh my bad, mister gold card!
Lamar: Ha! Gangster shit!
Gang member: You ain't got no respect!
Franklin: Yo I got respect for reality.
Offscreen character: Enjoy the hoes homie!
Franklin: Yeah, whatever!

Trevor's:

Michael: I ever tell you about Trevor?
Offscreen 1: Major drug dealer.
Offscreen 2: Real hillbillly type shit.
Trevor: Bring me my cock or I'm going to cut your arm off.
Trevor: Back in town baby, yeah!
Man: Please, just go and ruin somebody else's home furnishings.
Trevor: I'm new in town, I'm making friends, alright? Alot of friends. I mean things could get really messy!
Amanda: Just keep him away from me and the children!
Trevor: Nice new tits by the way.
Michael: What is wrong with you?
Trevor: Abandonment issues. I see a shrink once a week.
Trevor: YEAH!
Trevor: You been shot amigo!
Trevor: Boy. Massage.
"Boy": Uh, no no, I really don't think that uh...
Trevor: Do you want me to get my dick out again?

The bold bits are parts I'm not sure about, they are just my guesses - Anyone else got an idea? I left out all the grunts & screams etc.

Last edited by Jimmy_86; 05-02-2013 at 10:09 AM..
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013   #58
Bfett21

Bfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_86 View Post
Same thing no? Maybe it's your wording... i.e. Bike handling was different in TLAD than the other two. If you want to say 'TLAD had better bike handling' or 'Johnny had better bike handling' it's the same thing. (Not sure about multiplayer).

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure TBoGT had tightened handling in non-bike road vehicles compared to IV & TLAD (Plus, Luis' bike skills seem more like Niko than Johnny). There's a line of dialogue where Tony mentions he got Luis defensive driving lessons, which I realise doesn't prove it but I think that was there to justify the difference.

Michael's:

Therapist: What do you want Michael?
Michael: I don't know... I want something that isn't this.
Tracy: Mom! Jimmy called me a bitch!
Michael: Yeah, I wanna be a good dad, love my family, live the dream.
Michael: Give me that!
Tracy: I hate you!
Jimmy: Why do I have to hold your hand through this whole mid-life crisis bullshit?!
Michael: Come here!
Amanda: Don't kill him!
Michael: But at the same time... I really want the other stuff too.
Therapist: And you're plainly addicted to chaos.
Michael: Well I'm not sure that's true doc.
Michael: I'm rich. I'm miserable. I'm pretty average for this town.
Therapist: I think you need a new therapist.

Franklin's:

Franklin: So you giving me a lecture about not being a good enough gang banger?
Lamar: That's all we got. That's our heritage.
Franklin: I thought we was trying to get out of this bullshit.
Lamar: You're sounding more and more like a snee-eye-itch everyday.
Franklin: Yeah, I sound like somebody trying to make some paper and not get killed.
Lamar: Oh my bad, mister gold card!
Lamar: Ha! Gangster shit!
Gang member: You ain't got no respect!
Franklin: Yo I got respect for reality.
Offscreen character: Enjoy the hoes homie!
Franklin: Yeah, whatever!

Trevor's:

Michael: I ever tell you about Trevor?
Offscreen 1: Major drug dealer.
Offscreen 2: Real hillbillly type shit.
Trevor: Bring me my cock or I'm going to cut your arm off.
Trevor: Back in town baby, yeah!
Man: Please, just go and ruin somebody else's home furnishings.
Trevor: I'm new in town, I'm making friends, alright? Alot of friends. I mean things could get really messy!
Amanda: Just keep him away from me and the children!
Trevor: Nice new tits by the way.
Michael: What is wrong with you?
Trevor: Abandonment issues. I see a shrink once a week.
Trevor: YEAH!
Trevor: You been shot amigo!
Trevor: Boy. Massage.
"Boy": Uh, no no, I really don't think that uh...
Trevor: Do you want me to get my dick out again?

The bold bits are parts I'm not sure about, they are just my guesses - Anyone else got an idea? I left out all the grunts & screams etc.
Im pretty sure he says cockring.
Bfett21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013   #59
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Thank you so much Jimmy!
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013   #60
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
"Bring me my cougher," as in a big hit of weed.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote