Old 04-22-2013   #1
JcOHIO

JcOHIO is an unknown quantity at this point
OPENIV Help

Hello all,
I am new to this forum and signed up because I need some help.
First. My son bought GTA IV for the PC through Best Buy download. I installed it and the latest patch. The game runs fine.
He then wanted the Ironman mod for the game.
I downloaded it from GTA4-MODS
I then saw, through a tutorial, that I needed OPENIV to aid in transferring the Ironman mod files.
I downloaded it from GTA4-mods also. OPENIV Ver 1.3.1
The problem is, when I start it all I get is the following:
"OPENIV cannot work because important information wasn't obtained from the GTAIV.exe.
Please set the correct path to GTAIV.exe in the OPENIV settings"
I have set the path as far as it will go, but it seems that it stops short of allowing access to the GTAIV.exe file.
I have also tried running as admin. No luck.
From game purchase, to download, updates, etc. it has taken me three days to get this far. I feel I am very close, but I'm missing something simple. All the tutorials I've watched show perfect installs from point A to Z. They don't tell you what to do if point C won't install or run.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Or if I could be directed to the right place or thread.
I am currently on a new comp running windows 7.
Thank you
JcOHIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Are you sure you're browsing to the program files folder and not the my documents folder (you wouldn't be the first to make that mistake).

The GTAIV.exe should be in C:/Program files (x86)/Grand theft Auto 4 (by default)

If you really can't figure it out try sparkIV, it's a little more user friendly
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #3
JcOHIO

JcOHIO is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the reply. I will try.
JcOHIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
No problem, let me know how that works out for ya
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote