Old 04-09-2013   #31
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
Yeah but it doesn't require you to have your console permenantly offline in fear of having it remotely bricked by MS
No mines always online, just don't be an ass and try playing the new CoD online a week before release and you'll be fine.
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013   #32
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
Rumours I've seen floating about:

Xbox 360 SOC = 100% backwards comparability + more processing power
Runs Windows 8 = WinRT framework (could be huge benefit for PC gamers, since Sony are moving that way too)
Controller is same

If that's true I'm actually impressed.

So if both the PS4 and Xbox are both just PC's with custom hardware, could this mean developers will start creating games with standard PC components in mind and just downscaling them for consoles? If so that would be fantastic, one platform for developers.
Old 04-24-2013   #33
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
It won't be that much more powerful than the current leaks if it uses the 360 SOC for extra processing. The 360 is PowerPC based and the 720 CPU is x86-64. It would be a programming nightmare. The GPU wouldn't add much either. It certainly would not make up for the >600 gflop difference in GPU performance between the 720 and PS4. It would make up 150 gflops at best.

Runs Win 8? Lol yay. More APIs for the system to chug through while also trying to run games.

Also, official:

Apparently only an hour long event. So don't expect them to show as much as Sony. Though they almost certainly will show the design of the system.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs

Last edited by Piggus; 04-24-2013 at 06:20 PM..
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013   #34
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Brings on the gifs!
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #35
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hub/reveal

So... anyone else watching?

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #36
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Bonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond repute
The console looks nice but the presentation so far is disappointing. I play games, I don't need all this tv shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
After releasing my mix tape here, people are loving it. Like, loving it. I mean to the point that I'm gone to clubs to perform, all black clubs and they give a standing ovation, getting dab from everyone, and on my sort of"party-and-get-fucked-up" records, the whole club is dancing.
Bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #37
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Guess its not a gaming console anymore

Entertainment system.
Old 05-21-2013   #38
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Totally agree. When it is game time, it is game time, I don't give a shit what is on TV. I don't spontaneously decide to watch TV in the middle of gaming.

This is seeming more like a family media center than a gaming machine.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
Old 05-21-2013   #39
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Bonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond repute
We're what, 30 minutes in? Not a single game shown.

Also fuck his buzzwords.

Quote:
After releasing my mix tape here, people are loving it. Like, loving it. I mean to the point that I'm gone to clubs to perform, all black clubs and they give a standing ovation, getting dab from everyone, and on my sort of"party-and-get-fucked-up" records, the whole club is dancing.
Old 05-21-2013   #40
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

Oh cool. EA Stuff. Fun.

Wow. All these super duper awesome sports game.

When are they going to show something actually interesting.

Okay, really. Will someone get this cocksucker off the goddamn stage? I don't exactly have all day to watch this stupid shit. Get the good stuff going.

Quote:
Old 05-21-2013   #41
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
LOOK AT ALL THESE FEATURES WHICH WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE ON MY XBOX ONE CAUSE I LIVE IN GERMANY
Old 05-21-2013   #42
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Did he just say Fifa14 is exclusive for this shit?

Quote:
Old 05-21-2013   #43
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
what was that live action cutscene for quantum break... i'm very confused.
Old 05-21-2013   #44
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

nigger I dont want a social tv, if I watch tv I want to be left the fuck alone.

Quote:
Old 05-21-2013   #45
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Other than hardware updates, these are the reasons im choosing PC this time around. Both consoles are wasting their time integrating these useless features when all most people want to do is play games, its the reason they buy them in the first place. More useless features that I dont use = more useless software updates, nothing shit me off more than turning on my console to play a few rounds of BF3 with friends only to be delayed by a critical update for something I dont even use. Why do they think we want to use it for TV tuner/internet browser/media centre when everything these consoles can do is already on our computers.

RIP to the term "Gaming Console".
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote