Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > Troubleshooting & Technology
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2008   #16
desmon
Newbie Member

desmon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignarukih View Post
Hey all,

I stop at the Majestic Hotel waypoint in Ray Boccino's Last Checkout mission in a vehicle and the loading screen pops up but it won't load. I've sit at the loading screen for 5 minutes, but none of the other missions take remotely this long to come up. The game hasn't 'crashed' as such because I can still alt-tab out of it and it's responding in Task Manager.

Help?

I'm using an ATI Sapphire Radeon HD4870 with the updated (non-freezing) BIOS, an Intel C2D e8500 @3.16GHz, 4GB RAM, Vista x64 and a Creative Audigy sound card.

Thanks!
Exact same problem, on an Intel C2D, 8800GT and Vista 32. Tried playing another mission first but no luck. Sometimes it gets stuck at the loading screen before entering the hotel, but usually at the loading screen after I enter the elevator.

Update: Problem solved by itself. Nothing changed regarding drivers or anything else, just played a little longer and tried again successfully...

Last edited by desmon; 12-20-2008 at 04:19 AM..
desmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009   #17
NeilCardiff
Newbie Member

NeilCardiff is an unknown quantity at this point
I let the strippers dance to see if I got bonuses and after the second set of 3 dances I quit out and the strippers left but Niko just sat there,
he was moving but wouldnt get up, no game controls worked all i could do was go into the options and reload an old save,
I havent tried this again so no idea if it was a one off.
Old 01-27-2010   #18
mataanjin
Newbie Member

mataanjin is an unknown quantity at this point
i have a glitch, after roman depot got burn.

anyone have this? it only appear at some angle.
mataanjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010   #19
Aldakoopa
Newbie Member

Aldakoopa is an unknown quantity at this point
My game will not load from the Esc Menu. The Start Game at the main menu loads the last saved game fine, and running a Benchmark test will start a new game fine, but trying to start a new game or load a saved game from the Esc Menu takes me to a never-ending loading screen. It doesn't seem to freeze up and the game runs smoothly but it just will not load.

I have the latest patch to the game and only run it on moderate graphics settings, and just so you know my system:

Windows XP 32 bit Service Pack 3
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 512 MB
2 GB RAM
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.01 GHz
Aldakoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010   #20
aki
Newbie Member

aki is an unknown quantity at this point
can you please help me i have this crosshair bug,when i pull out the gun and click the right mouse button , there is no crosshair and when i start shoot there is one.how can i fix this.please send me a message.Thanks
aki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #21
UnknownEpidemic
Worldwide Pandemic

UnknownEpidemic is an unknown quantity at this point
This isnt exactly a commonly occuring glitch but it happened to me and its pretty funny so I thought I'd share.

I was driving out of Bohan on the East Borough Bridge and suddenly the guy infront of me slows as if he stopped accelerating, veers right and hits the partition. Keep in mind his car was in flames this whole time. He gets out and hes burning alive. I'm laughing my ass off and I would have gotten it on tape but it was on my Xbox version of the game.

Sir Unknown III, at your cervix.
UnknownEpidemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011   #22
Shadow86
Newbie Member

Shadow86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just encountered a bug on PC version; I still have GTA IV running in the background via alt-tab

Apparently, if you drive a car that suddenly catches flames into a mission marker (or at least for the first of Vlad's missions), it'll skip the mission entirely, leaving you with a disabled car that isn't on fire.
Shadow86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011   #23
TheLordEinsElf
Newbie Member

TheLordEinsElf is an unknown quantity at this point
Textures

Lol, regarding the textures/people appearing as a solid object: was that on a console or the PC? On the PC: most likely the Graphix Card's ram that is "to full" so to speak: I got 1gb VRam, my settings say it's using 698/1011 MB, and after some while, people- and even ground textures start glitching like that too, it settles after about 10 mins playing in a area with "lower" activity.

Also, I tried posting about the "wobbly" camera but my post never got unlocked, so meh. It INDEED is the simulation of Nico's head movement/out-of-breath while sprinting for about 30 secs, as soon as he gets pout of breath, the camera starts wobbling a hair if you continue running, as soon as you walk normally, its fine again, and I thought I had something fucked up when I played with those *.dat files
In this vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ2t_YP3bMs) starting from about 4:50 you can see what I mean. Just a basic head-bobbing simulation.
TheLordEinsElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012   #24
DrNomNom
Newbie Member

DrNomNom is an unknown quantity at this point
I get this different language on my GTA 4 Trainer and my UI (like my phone, option buttons and subtitles.) Any help?
DrNomNom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #25
sharp_nt6
Newbie Member

sharp_nt6 is on a distinguished roadsharp_nt6 is on a distinguished roadsharp_nt6 is on a distinguished road
There are just so many of them!!! @IGNARUKIH, I suggest that you put that somewhere else...
sharp_nt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013   #26
Cheekkisser
Newbie Member

Cheekkisser is an unknown quantity at this point
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/BRANDON%20BAKER/Pictures/Afbeelding1%20(3).png[/IMG]

Anyone know how to fix this?
Cheekkisser is offline   Reply With Quote