Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013   #61
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Hahaha... pepper your angus...

I see his videos posted by people from all over the world, so it surprised me I guess. Anyway the point is you shouldn't make ignorant comments when you don't even know who the guy is. That's like saying "lol how does that fat guy even have a job" in reference to Gabe Newel.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #62
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Plus you make iOS games so I wouldn't expect you to know.
I make arcade games atm. I haven't done any mobile dev since november. you dont take any interest in my work ;_;

Also, poogus, I mentioned it because in the video he was interviewing a guy where the main task is talking and his most obvious flaw was his talking ability. If Gaben's job was to run places for whatever reason I would be raising many eyebrows!
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #63
Zero
Veteran Member

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
I was just tuggin' your cock. I don't expect anyone outside the states to know about Adam.

He's pretty top tier in terms of games journalism and reviews, though. Been around for ages.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #64
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
Goddamn, i was staring into space for ages trying to think of "Journalism". Ended up calling him a "Games TV" guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero
I was just tuggin' your cock
Old 02-05-2013   #65
Zero
Veteran Member

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
Time to lay off the Fosters.

Anywho. We've kinda strayed.
You mentioned The Last of Us being "too much effort". How so? In the video they talked about crafting things from inside your bag taking seconds. They wanted you to be able to craft and pull stuff out at a moments notice depending on the situation, instead of playing tetris with your inventory and disconnecting yourself from the game by spending too much time in a menu.

Even if you're just gaming casually this game shouldn't be overwhelming.
Old 02-05-2013   #66
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Hell. it adds to the atmosphere.

Oh no, this boss is going to chop my limbs off. Better pause the game and make 50x healing syringes/potions/sigils and a few extra pipebombs.

Or

OH JESUS CHRIST FUCK I WENT INTO THIS CLEARLY DANGEROUS YET SUPRISING SITUATION WAY UNPREPARED MY ANUS IS ABOUT TO BE DRILLED AND BOLTED I'M FUCKING PANICKING I NEED TO RUN THE FUCK AWAY AND HIDE SOMEWHERE SO I CAN WRAP MY BROKEN STUMP THAT MIGHT PASS AS AN ARM AFTER RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY

FUCK FUCK MY ONLY REMAINING HAND IS SHAKING I CAN'T GET THIS GOD DAMN COAGULANT POWDER ON MY BLEEDING STUMP. FUCK IT'S ALL ON THE FLOOR THE GODDAMN HORDE IS HERE
Old 02-05-2013   #67
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Time to lay off the Fosters.

Anywho. We've kinda strayed.
You mentioned The Last of Us being "too much effort". How so? In the video they talked about crafting things from inside your bag taking seconds. They wanted you to be able to craft and pull stuff out at a moments notice depending on the situation, instead of playing tetris with your inventory and disconnecting yourself from the game by spending too much time in a menu.

Even if you're just gaming casually this game shouldn't be overwhelming.
I don't mean the particular mechanics of The Last Of Us look like effort, I was more complaining about my disinterest in AAA games these days Lately I just play when I'm in transit or taking a dump, otherwise I just feel like im wasting time. The building recipes looks pretty neat, I just can't be bothered going to a shop, shelling out big money (relatively) and sitting on the couch for hours and hours.

Which is also sort of off topic, cause its not Last Of Us specific..
Old 02-05-2013   #68
Zero
Veteran Member

I guess in those situations a 'Let's Play' on YouTube might be more you thing. If you were interested enough in the story but not bothered to pay and play it yourself, that is. *shrug*

I get in those grooves myself sometimes. No sense buying it if you're not really gonna enjoy it.
Old 02-05-2013   #69
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCAB View Post
Most places have it at €65, which is only €5-€10 more than most games (GTA V is €55, the Call of Duty games are €60).
For some reason, first-party PS3 titles are always priced €65 upon preorder \ release (including the Uncharted games, Gran Turismo 5, God of War III and Ascension).
65 was the cheapest I could find, most charge 70 or even 75 (FRS even claims to give a discount from €80 to 75, how stupid do they think we are).

That's alot compared to the usual 55 for pre-orders, but this'll be the first PS3 game I'm pre-ordering so I didn't know it's usual for them to charge that.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013   #70
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Reviews are up

http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...critic-reviews

10/10 from Edge and Eurogamer is a pretty big deal. Unsurprisingly, the game is a masterpiece.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Old 06-05-2013   #71
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute

holy fuk lol

cant wait to get my copy

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013   #72
Piggus
Wicked Member

96/100 now on Metacritic

Also, new Live Action (well some of it anyway) trailer that's pretty sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EXBvCsRQzI

Avoid any review or youtube comments like the plague. Dumb trolls are trying to spoil the ending for people. I'm not going to read a single YouTube comment until I finish this.

Old 06-06-2013   #73
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
This was to be expected because not only do the gaming media absolutely froth over everything Naughty Dog, it actually looks amazing as well. I wasn't sure it was going to be a day one purchase for me, now it definitely will be.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #74
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Bonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond repute
jesus christ

that emotional scene in the opening. Fuck. WHY SHE HAD TO DIE MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
After releasing my mix tape here, people are loving it. Like, loving it. I mean to the point that I'm gone to clubs to perform, all black clubs and they give a standing ovation, getting dab from everyone, and on my sort of"party-and-get-fucked-up" records, the whole club is dancing.
Bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #75
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

I've just decided I'm bringing the gf's PS3 back from Australia when i go next month, just for this game... I usually love Naughty Dog anyway, but these reviews are ridiculous.