Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013   #46
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
I need this game. Now.

Also the sounds that the clickers/runners make is really unnerving. It's interesting what Adam was saying about maybe not being able to play the game for an extended period because of how intense it is, and that being part of the challenge.

Last edited by Piggus; 02-04-2013 at 03:30 AM..
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #47
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
I remember when this game was announced as "a game you won't believe?" I was still coming down from the enjoyable but less than stellar Uncharted 3 and I more or less brushed it off, but the more I see the more I think this game will be amazing, and the more I want to play it. I guess their marketing worked on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggus View Post
Adam was saying about maybe not being able to play the game for an extended period because of how intense it is
I find this happening more and more with me lately, and I'm pretty sure it stems from the advancements in sound over the past few years in games like this. Or maybe I'm just getting less patient, which is just as likely.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #48
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
What's up with the pricing

I was checking on pre-order bonusses and noticed the game is 10-20euro's (14-27$) more expensive than usual
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #49
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not watching anything apart from Trailers now, I have full faith in Naughty Dog, every game of theirs I've played, I've enjoyed a lot, dating back to the PS1 days and Crash Bandicoot.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #50
Japisee
Addicted Member

Japisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond repute
i love naughty dog but i still don't get this game, not interested in it all
Japisee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #51
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist View Post

I was checking on pre-order bonusses and noticed the game is 10-20euro's (14-27$) more expensive than usual
Weird. Have you tried multiple stores? No pricing issues here.
Old 02-04-2013   #52
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist View Post

Most places have it at €65, which is only €5-€10 more than most games (GTA V is €55, the Call of Duty games are €60).
For some reason, first-party PS3 titles are always priced €65 upon preorder \ release (including the Uncharted games, Gran Turismo 5, God of War III and Ascension).
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #53
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
So... are they zombies or something?
thenotsogoodtrickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #54
Piggus
Wicked Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post
So... are they zombies or something?
Did you even watch the videos? They explain what they are and how they are different from typical zombies.

It's a fungas that grows into the brain and blinds the person and eventually destroys their consciousness. They navigate by making clicking sounds like some blind people are able to do. What's creepy is the fungas/infection is based on a real fungas that targets ants. Also they kill you with one bite.

The game doesn't revolve around the infected though. They're just there to provide context and help the player understand how society got to where it is.

Last edited by Piggus; 02-04-2013 at 01:04 PM..
Old 02-04-2013   #55
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Currently revising... So no I didn't watch them, sorry, but thanks for the explanation

Last edited by thenotsogoodtrickster; 02-04-2013 at 03:58 PM..
thenotsogoodtrickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #56
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
How does that interviewer guy have that job? He sounds like a junky in need of his next hit.

Apart from that though, pretty cool video. Im not really excited for it though :/ Despite naughty dog being one of my favourite developers. I think I got too deep into casual games... The Last Of Us just seems like a whole lot of effort.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #57
Zero
"Here we go again!"

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legham View Post
How does that interviewer guy have that job? He sounds like a junky in need of his next hit.
Seriously? You're in the game design business and you don't have a clue who Adam Sessler is? lol
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #58
Piggus
Wicked Member

You've got to be kidding me legham. Adam Sessler is one of the most knowledgeable and well-respected people in the game industry.

Seriously.
Old 02-04-2013   #59
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
I recognise his name. The only video game tv show in Australia is Australian. I'd recognise both the hosts from that. Sorry I'm not American.

Also, if he was in the game development business I would be much more likely to know who he is. Games TV != development.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #60
Zero
"Here we go again!"

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
Didn't mean to pepper your angus. Guess it's just more obvious who he is over here in the United States of America.

Plus you make iOS games so I wouldn't expect you to know.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote