Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013   #16
Russ
Custom User Title
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
The time its taken to get to only this announcement has been excruciatingly long and boring. Disappointed, but I kind of felt like it was going to get pushed back anyways.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013   #17
Matthew

Matthew is an unknown quantity at this point
[Rockstar is laughing at all the conspiracy theories:

To those of you saying or seeing various conspiracy theories about there being some other ulterior motive for this delay, rest assured that they’re all nonsense – literally the only reason we’ve delayed the release is because we want the game to be as good as it needs to be.
Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013   #18
phexitol
Ant Fart Video Thug

phexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enough
If you want a good laugh, check out the newswire: the number of comments on the delay is greater than the number of comments on all the other articles on the first page combined.
phexitol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013   #19
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
At last, a spring release. Not spring.

Seriously though, at least there's a specific date to look forward.

(Unlike my love life! burn zing etc...)
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013   #20
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Im a bit disappointed that they have been working it up over the last couple of months for a possible release in march-may.
The game doesnt even look like it should need polishing till september, its big and all but it looks too far in its latest stages. I do think theres an actual reason behind it. Im assuming the hurricane may have interferred, maybe some hardware was damaged or their office could have needed some maintenance requiring certain employees to change places or an important voice has come down with something and cant use their voice or maybe a disagreement may have happened requiring a new actor.
Who knows? Maybe theyre telling the truth.
It is disappointing as and I've been even more disappointed with how this pre-release info is going, other games have kept it so interesting. But the lack of any type of news is just plain annoying.
Itll be good at the end, ill still buy it and the ones who are cancelling their pre-orders and saying they wont buy it are just sad. Itll be a game ill be confidentally taking off the shelf and paying $110 on the spot. But I'm only hoping the possibility of it being a last resort release date made for their take two fiscal meeting thats apparently on next week.
We might just see a close release date, but thats long hope.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013   #21
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
You can't take anything we've seen as a measurement of how close they are to release. It's not a couple of guys in the office recording a few minutes of gampeplay and chucking it on youtube. Rockstar are a big, professional company. They had someone with lots of video experience, probably marketing background, directing the clip. Storyboards detailing the shots, transitions, progression of the mini-story in the trailer. Then taken the appropriate shots showing what they'd like the end-product to be like.

They're not going to put cars with broken textures or physics glitches in their videos. The trailers have shit all to do with what their product looks like in it's current stage. It's a preview of the end product of the game. Otherwise, trailers for any game wouldnt be released until weeks before the game's release.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013   #22
John JJ

John JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura about
I'd rather have the perfect game later than expected than one with missing features and bugs earlier. Not complaining here.
Old 02-01-2013   #23
killahmatic
Wildlife Photographer

killahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
The way they described the delay, "the game needs more polish," makes it sound like it should have only been a 1 or 2 month delay, rather than 4 months.

Not only that, but they HAD to have known the game's current progress when they said the box art was coming in January. I'd like to know what changed in 3 weeks that went from basically being complete, to somehow requiring 8 more months of work.

The whole thing seems very odd to me. either way i'll be exiting this forum until at least we get some good information. Putting the game out of my mind until we get close to the real release, which personally, I'm tired of waiting for.
Old 02-02-2013   #24
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Sorta glad from a selfish point of view. If it were released in April... I have my exams in May. Blessing in disguise (for me).

thenotsogoodtrickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013   #25
Claude Speed
GTA III thug.

Claude Speed is an unknown quantity at this point
This is gonna be an agonising wait but I'm sure it'll be worth it....
Claude Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013   #26
ibaphomet

ibaphomet is on a distinguished roadibaphomet is on a distinguished roadibaphomet is on a distinguished road
Does this mean the pc version will be out only 7 months after the consoles get it!? Or still an entire year later?
ibaphomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013   #27
Classified
Top Secret

Classified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura about
I guess waiting wont be so bad because the game will just be that much better when it is released.

Last edited by Classified; 02-02-2013 at 09:42 PM..
Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #28
Clancy3434

Clancy3434 will become famous soon enoughClancy3434 will become famous soon enoughClancy3434 will become famous soon enoughClancy3434 will become famous soon enoughClancy3434 will become famous soon enoughClancy3434 will become famous soon enough
Is there any chance that this delay is connected to the expected news of a PS4 release in late 2013?
Clancy3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #29
Matthew

Matthew is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clancy3434 View Post
Is there any chance that this delay is connected to the expected news of a PS4 release in late 2013?
No, I just think the game wasn't up to Rockstars own very high standards.
Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #30
Claude Speed
GTA III thug.

Claude Speed is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clancy3434 View Post
I doubt it has anything to do with the next gen consoles. Rockstar have been delevoping and programming for the 360 and PS3, not consoles which haven't even been announced yet, let alone released. The PS3 and 360 successors may well get an enhanced version of the game at some point who knows, but for now it all only points to the 360 and PS3.

On another note, can anyone remember any other game that was marketed almost 2 full years before it was actually released? I sure can't...
Claude Speed is offline   Reply With Quote