Join Date: Mar 2012
Why is this game fun?
Is it the freedom to do anything? The realism? maybe you are living your nyc fantasy of robbing banks and being a criminal?
A couple of questions
1) why do you think gta iv is fun for you? I am really interested in how others have fun with this game. Perhaps, I can improve my experience.
I only have fun when I really absorb myself into the character and try to behave as Niko would. I also use a trainer to summor characters like Roman, Little Jacob, and Manny, and I go on believable missions. Maybe dimitri captures Little Jacob in an effort to figure out where I am hiding. Then I have to go save him. Or in another mission, Roman really needs money to pay off his loan sharks, so we go and rob airplanes, and try to escape with 4-6 stars (i have failed every single time... maybe I need a sports car). I also use a trainer to purchase cars (I hardly steal one, unless I sell it later b/c the poliice would give me problems later on ). For example, at the begining I only used taxis and a really crappy vehicle my cousin Roman let me borrow. When I got to the second island, I had a Turismo (that really cool sports car) but only because Brucie gave it to me. I currently only use it for races or stunt jumps. I bought another vehicle through mods ( a decent one).
2) What could be improved?
There is little to do in Liberty City besides story missions. Maybe gta v should have more features and side missions like San Andreas ( examples = gang turf wars, driving/flying schools, house robberies, rpg elements) Also, there should really be a better checkpoint system for missions. Every 5 mins in a mission = checkpoint.
Join Date: May 2011
1) I have been playing GTA ever since I was a child (... i know haha) and I have loved every single one of them. I remember the transition between GTA 2 to GTA III and it seemed like a miracle! I honestly don't even play the game for the missions, I just play it to do what ever the hell I want to do. With GTA, you can! In GTA IV they have added a multiplayer, this was another miracle for me. I do not believe GTA IV would have been that great without this. Now you can do what ever the hell you want to do with your friends and random REAL people. It just makes it even more better. Also the video editor they have added with the PC version is a great addition. Rockstar Games should definitely bring this to GTA V. If they do not, then they will loose a lot of revenue because of the lack of Machinimas.
2) I believe they get the gist of what they need to do with GTA V. Basically what everyone has been saying, bring in all the stuff you can do in San Andreas into GTA V. Also if car modifications are allowed on multiplayer then maybe there should be a revenue included in the freemode to pay for the mods. Just simply let the players drop money when they die and you're good to go!
Join Date: Mar 2012
technically i enjoy playing this game since it imitates/simulates a person/s life and this is the only place you can play it really close to reality.
1) not because i can kill police for fun or anybody LEGALLY in the game but because the composition of the story, mixtures of characters and events and also a lot of things you can do with the sidelines like have a date, play game, hang out and get drunk things like you can do in real life. that's where fun is found in the game the realism in your very hands
2) exploring not just GTA IV but other GTA's as well give you an entirely different view and humor since everything is changed, the graphical effects of the game are outstanding enough that it wants to make you sit in a seaside bench and watch the sun set (who would do that?)
3) any type of transport is fun to use since you can take flight with the helicopter and travel around with no worries, or simply nab a race car and take it home, however that care wont be useful enough since it might disappear during your missions or you want it destroyed in a shootout but it still is fun.
4) physics in the game are literally hilarious, ride a bike then drive your soul out until you get a bump and realize that your character is flying in the air like a douche LOL! other events in the game like in TLaD race bikes and gang wars are very very fun and challenging however they dont give any rewards at all but it still fun to participate in it, also joining activites like dancing in a club where luis works is really awesome, where can you get a game where you can find these all?
all in all, it's because the game is close to reality, exploration, guns, physics and activities all contribute to a one jam packed entertainment called Grand theft auto IV
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █
Join Date: May 2006
1) It's not fun because it lacks the whole "that yayo dissed yo momma kill his ass" "taxi 360 loop EXTREME STUNT" that Vice City and in part San Andreas had. It wasn't serious, mostly.
2) Make it more like VC and San Andreas. I was crying for them to make the game more serious and that was the worst lapse of sanity I've ever had. It ruined the game, you cannot have fun after because you know you have to LARP to the max.
Eat, sleep, Gta!
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Phoenix, Az
1) honestly i love the driving and vehicle dynamics. (racing games are my thing)
I try to drive as i would in rl. Avoiding pedestrians when driving. Etc. obviously i speed and drive on the
Sidewalk when i have to and stuff. I think it's more fun to improve your driving skill than hitting every person. On that note i also don't start trouble but won't hesitate to shoot my way out of situations either. Steeling gang cars is a good way to start a shootout between you them and the police. Trying to escape the cops while minimizing (police) casualties is sometimes challenging. Ex: shoot a cop in the leg so you have time to get in your car and ride off. I also try taking every turn as fast as possible.
2) there needs to be more stuff to do. I think the episodes of liberty city got this right though. Base jumping and the gang wars were very fun. I also liked seeing the luxury side of Lc with Luis also. It was a nice contrast from the other stories imo.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|