Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012   #61
Moderate Airbender

AvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura about
It reminded me a little of the sims...

Other than that, It made me miss playing SA
AvatarMike17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #62
Showstopper 26

Showstopper 26 is on a distinguished roadShowstopper 26 is on a distinguished roadShowstopper 26 is on a distinguished roadShowstopper 26 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarMike17 View Post
It reminded me a little of the sims...

Other than that, It made me miss playing SA
Why the Sims?
Showstopper 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012   #63
Russ
Dats da fact jack!

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
Oh boy, here we go again.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012   #64
Killerfist
Arms Dealer

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
I know it's gtaforums.. but still:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?s...owtopic=532740

Pretty nice comparison and very promising for V's PC version if the PS3 version already looks alot better then IV's PC version.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012   #65
Showstopper 26

Showstopper 26 is on a distinguished roadShowstopper 26 is on a distinguished roadShowstopper 26 is on a distinguished roadShowstopper 26 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Oh boy, here we go again.
What?
Showstopper 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012   #66
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist View Post
I know it's gtaforums.. but still:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?s...owtopic=532740

Pretty nice comparison and very promising for V's PC version if the PS3 version already looks alot better then IV's PC version.
Good work on the recreated scenes, really drives home how much the engine's been improved
Old 11-15-2012   #67
J.Orlando

J.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura about
Trevor looks cool -- don't know why.

He just reminds me so much of Vincent d'Onofrio in Men In Black. Or maybe a bit like Michael Keaton in Beetlejuice. In either case, he's portraying someone who's about to go batsnot on anyone who gets in his way.
J.Orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012   #68
Russ
Dats da fact jack!

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showstopper 26 View Post
What?
Oh nothing. I thought for a second we were going to transition into a IV discussion in a V thread.

So, another question that's been bugging me is vehicle availability. Are there going to be character specific unlockable vehicles/aircraft? So far all indications point to Trevor doing all the flying which leads me to think maybe he'll be the only able to fly certain aircraft (Hydra). I'm probably making a big deal over nothing. I just wanted to see if anyone knew more about the vehicle situation and availability.

Last edited by Russ; 11-17-2012 at 05:49 AM..
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #69
ibaphomet

ibaphomet is on a distinguished roadibaphomet is on a distinguished roadibaphomet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
So, another question that's been bugging me is vehicle availability. Are there going to be character specific unlockable vehicles/aircraft? So far all indications point to Trevor doing all the flying which leads me to think maybe he'll be the only able to fly certain aircraft (Hydra). I'm probably making a big deal over nothing. I just wanted to see if anyone knew more about the vehicle situation and availability.
In the set of the first screens we got I think Michael was flying a hydra. They wouldn't limit your ability to use vehicles outside missions, in missions though, I'm sure playing as one of the 3 will give you a different experience. That's the draw of this new system, replayability!
ibaphomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #70
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
I wasn't overly keen on the gym side of character customisation in San Andreas, but I hope there's a bigger selection of clothing for each character, I at least want to pin my own style on the characters while I'm playing.
thenotsogoodtrickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #71
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post
I wasn't overly keen on the gym side of character customisation in San Andreas, but I hope there's a bigger selection of clothing for each character, I at least want to pin my own style on the characters while I'm playing.
I'm confused as to how it'll work with 3 such different characters, it would be weird if certain characters could only buy certain clothes in the same shop, but on the other hand it would look weird seeing Trevor in an expensive suit etc. I kind of expect them to just give you a range of outfit options for each character from their own house, like in TBoGT.
Lukeyy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #72
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
I'm also expecting that, and while it would be weird for Trevor to be in an expensive suit, I'd still like the option to do that. Something just appeals to me about suiting up and just going mental.
thenotsogoodtrickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #73
Killerfist
Arms Dealer

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Well pretty much every Gta in which you could shop for clothing they introduced you to it early in the game as a part of the story. They could just do that in Gta V aswell and set a mission for Michael for example to drive up to a store like Perseus but that you'd still be able to buy those clothes with Trevor if you drive there yourself. Maybe even add in some remarks when you'd show up for a mission in a fancy suit being Trevor since that would be acting out of character for a little bit.

But maybe that would be too much of a hassle seeing that you'd have to do that 3x, so Tbogt's system like Lukeyy said is most probable I think.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #74
J.Orlando

J.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwrebholz View Post
I don't get why there's so much hate for GTA4. OK it was different than San Andreas but I still enjoyed the hell out of it. I liked the more believeable car physics, I thought the gunplay was improved, the game looked fantastic and I thought the story was well done. The whole "friend" stuff I thought wasn't so hot but that was my only real gripe
Yeah, I agree. I thought that GTA IV was a huge improvement over the previous games. And if you play TBOGT, you're pretty much playing a lot of what went into SA, albeit without the huge map.

I suspect that a lot of people who claim that IV "sucks" are just saying that. Heck -- here at GTAGaming there are more visitors to the IV forum, currently, than to this one. I suspect that it's probably because of renewed interest in something that approximates the newer game engine, which IV clearly has over the previous-gen games. This will change when more info comes out for V (not to mention when the game itself gets released).

But for all of its flaws, IV is still a huge leap forward for the franchise. It was the first GTA game whose characters had REAL hands that could articulate properly. It had realistic-sounding and behaving weapons, and automobiles that drove NOT like a "brick on bacon grease" as one other member here once put it so aptly. And since GTA SA, it was the first game to have interiors completely accessible without a loading screen.

And when I got TBOGT, I almost fainted -- they had brought back both the VC AND SA elements that I had been waiting for in the next-gen series. The music, the fun stuff (like the exploding grenade gun) and the base-jumping, not to mention the wacky missions (which were still more realistic, in terms of physics and storyline, than anything from the other two games) were all just great. The only thing that approximated the jet pack was the gunship chopper -- and that was only because you had infinite ammo.

Anyway, I'm just saying that you are correct.
J.Orlando is offline   Reply With Quote