Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012   #31
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Lynk I don't know what trailer you just watched. The dialogue seemed pretty awesome to me. Is there something you would do differently?

As for "depth" how do you know how much depth each character has just from a trailer and some vague previews?

I don't know how any GTA fan could watch that and be skeptical. It looks completely different from IV.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #32
gtaperson

gtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKlipse View Post
i do hope that house blowing up wasnt scripted damage.
I really don't think you will be able to destroy any buildings or properties in this game, but i'm fine with that.
gtaperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #33
element3215
Eat, sleep, Gta!

element3215 is on a distinguished roadelement3215 is on a distinguished roadelement3215 is on a distinguished roadelement3215 is on a distinguished roadelement3215 is on a distinguished road
Animations look so fluid. I like seeing all the luxury cars too.
element3215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #34
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
1. Seemed a little cheesy and forced.
2. I'm responding to the guy who said they have depth
3. Being skeptical means you'll be all the more surprised if it turns out to be great, getting hyped didn't help with San Andreas.
Old 11-14-2012   #35
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist View Post
(Michael looks a bit tame though.. but maybe that's just the contrast with Trevor).
Michael looks like he's going to be my favourite character, he's what I always loved about the old GTA's, earning everything and living that luxury life.
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #36
GTA:Futbol

GTA:Futbol is on a distinguished roadGTA:Futbol is on a distinguished roadGTA:Futbol is on a distinguished roadGTA:Futbol is on a distinguished road
Don't really think it's fair to criticize the dialogue just yet. I know what you're saying Lynk, but you know as well as I that this game will literally have millions of lines of dialogue. Plus the few scenes of dialogue that we saw had very little context. Like the beach house scene with Franklin and Mike. Obviously the beach house has significance, we just don't know what that significance is yet and I'm sure more lines of dialogue branch from that.

I really love the three characters. The depth others were mentioning can't really be seen in this trailer. But after 10-12 hours non-stop hopped up on coc-I mean Red Bull, and playing this game until my eyes bleed, I know each character is going to have some terrible pasts that are going to spill all over their current lives.

Stevie's "Skeletons". Brilliant song choice.

I can't wait. Argh.
Old 11-14-2012   #37
BlackSilver65

BlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really nice
The real question is did anyone notice any fingerless gloves?
but on a serious note I think it looks like a pretty great game so far. From the previews it looks like there is already more to do than there was in IV and that's enough for me. Exploring the country in the various vehicles will provide me with hours of fun alone, considering the Red Dead random missions. Though I have found as i'm getting older I don't get hyped for games as I used to, but this game has me pretty hyped. The second trailer was solid, though as soon as V was announced I was already sold. I think they understand what they did wrong with IV and took it a few steps in the right direction with the DLC, especially with The Ballad of Gay Tony.
BlackSilver65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #38
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaperson View Post
I really don't think you will be able to destroy any buildings or properties in this game, but i'm fine with that.
I'm definitely not counting on every building to be destructable, but it would be nice for there to be some kind of realistic destruction to objects instead of just cracks. There were a few destructable objects in IV such as security guard huts and silos etc. But the world still felt too solid and it did disappoint a bit. But then again, ive played alot of BF3. This is PS3, Xbox 360 and PC... You would think building damage wouldve improved alot since the previous generation of gaming.

The way they showed off euphoria physics before GTA IV, i did expect to atleast blow a TW@ cafe to smitherines like we did in cop land in VC. Even though that was scripted destruction and no object actually moved, only changed models instantly behind a continous fireball, it is entirely possible to destroy a building with interior and have it work with euphorias damage. But if it doesnt make it in the game Im not going to dwell on it.
It did act like euphoria physics as it exploded, the planks of wood did move independantly but that can all be done through manual animation aswell.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #39
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
There's a Rusty Brown Ring Donut ad @ 0:50.

Nice reference to VC.
Old 11-14-2012   #40
Showstopper 26

Showstopper 26 is on a distinguished roadShowstopper 26 is on a distinguished roadShowstopper 26 is on a distinguished roadShowstopper 26 is on a distinguished road
What's that object/building on the left in the first scene?
Showstopper 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #41
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
I think it's the Griffith Observatory.

Old 11-14-2012   #42
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Lots of nice looking cars I can spot. Jaguar XF lookalike, Audi A6 lookalike, VW Golf GTi lookalike, Aston Martin DB5 lookalike.
Old 11-14-2012   #43
killahmatic
Wildlife Photographer

killahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enough
What can I say, I'm just happy the have 2 fighter jets.
And the missions are action packed.
Old 11-14-2012   #44
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennifer3000 View Post
There's a Rusty Brown Ring Donut ad @ 0:50.

Nice reference to VC.
There's a bunch of awesome old-school references and throwbacks! At 0:42, on the bench Michael is sitting on, there's graffiti that reads "Ballas."
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #45
Russ
Dats da fact jack!
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSilver65 View Post
The real question is did anyone notice any fingerless gloves?

I can't say with any certainty that this game will be perfect but from what has been shown, this game has the possibility of being the fun open world game we all love to play. Endless possibilities...
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote