Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012   #16
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
It's the law of the universe that a GTA game must have at least one channel playing a assortment of punk - metal etc
Old 11-13-2012   #17
Hagvok_Grrro
I'm The Best At Space

Hagvok_Grrro has a reputation beyond reputeHagvok_Grrro has a reputation beyond reputeHagvok_Grrro has a reputation beyond reputeHagvok_Grrro has a reputation beyond reputeHagvok_Grrro has a reputation beyond reputeHagvok_Grrro has a reputation beyond reputeHagvok_Grrro has a reputation beyond reputeHagvok_Grrro has a reputation beyond reputeHagvok_Grrro has a reputation beyond reputeHagvok_Grrro has a reputation beyond reputeHagvok_Grrro has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by aRTee View Post
Alltho R* might be one of those people who go "Dubstep? hahaha yeah sure, not in our game."
This is something I really hope.
Hagvok_Grrro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #18
killahmatic
Wildlife Photographer

killahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
Did you never play GTA3 or something?
I absolutely played GTA 3. What does that have to do with mean saying I'm not sure of the point of adding an opera station to V?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_86 View Post
Not everyone. GTA never just has a bunch of well known pop music like you get in racing games for example. The selections reflect the different stations you can hear in reality. Los Angeles will have at least one radio station that plays some opera.
I wasnt asking for pop music. I'm not asking for every radio station to be music I like.
I just see an Opera station being a fairly unused station in relation to a country, rock, and rap station. We all have our favorite stations that we switch to, and I'm sure opera wont be high on that list. I think thats completely fair to say. I've personally never been to LA, so I dont know their real life stations. I've never had an Opera station where I live.

Last edited by killahmatic; 11-13-2012 at 04:59 PM..
killahmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #19
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok_Jro View Post
I have nothing against Dubstep (when it's done right, which now in 2012 it's not) used to be one of my favourite genres until every cunt and their dog decided they could 'make' dubstep.
I like some dubstep, but a lot of the more popular stuff is crap. There will likely be a dance/electronic station in the game and i wouldent be opposed to broadening that to feature a couple of (good) dubstep tracks. Having an entire station dedicated to dubstep though would be bad.
Old 11-13-2012   #20
Hagvok_Grrro
I'm The Best At Space

Hagvok_Grrro has a reputation beyond reputeHagvok_Grrro has a reputation beyond reputeHagvok_Grrro has a reputation beyond reputeHagvok_Grrro has a reputation beyond reputeHagvok_Grrro has a reputation beyond reputeHagvok_Grrro has a reputation beyond reputeHagvok_Grrro has a reputation beyond reputeHagvok_Grrro has a reputation beyond reputeHagvok_Grrro has a reputation beyond reputeHagvok_Grrro has a reputation beyond reputeHagvok_Grrro has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by killahmatic View Post
I absolutely played GTA 3. What does that have to do with mean saying I'm not sure of the point of adding an opera station to V?

I just see an Opera station being a fairly unused station in relation to a country, rock, and rap station.
What it means is that Double Cleff on GTA III was an amazing radio station with some great classical opera stuff. In fact, it's probably one of the best stations on III

Also, Opera being unused in relation to rock and rap ? JNR on IV was Jazz, where did that fit in between all the rap and heavy/classic/alt rock ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post
I like some dubstep, but a lot of the more popular stuff is crap. There will likely be a dance/electronic station in the game and i wouldent be opposed to broadening that to feature a couple of (good) dubstep tracks. Having an entire station dedicated to dubstep though would be bad.
Yeah, I'm not opposed to one or two tracks, considered IV had Electrochoc which after BOGT added some dub(ish) tracks.
Old 11-14-2012   #21
Gash_735

Gash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Updated with second trailer song.
Gash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012   #22
Russ
Dats da fact jack!
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
I have a couple ofsong ideas that I would like for the soundtrack. There should definitely be another version of MasterSounds FM. However, it would be cool to have maybe one station of original music kind of like III's stations.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013   #23
mrdie
Member of the Past

mrdie is on a distinguished roadmrdie is on a distinguished road
Having an opera station in GTA III worked because:
  • Liberty City in GTA III had the Italian mob in a prominent role
  • Rather grey atmosphere

I think opera fulfills a function similar to what jazz did in GTA IV: amusing music in relation to what you're doing in the game. Jazz works well with tense car chases, whereas opera and rampaging around blowing stuff up and whatnot seemed to have some strange relationship.

I don't see the issue with it in GTA V, I just don't think it'll work quite as well as GTA III where it seemed like an unexpected (for a game to include) yet natural theme for a radio station.
mrdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013   #24
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdie View Post
I think opera fulfills a function similar to what jazz did in GTA IV: amusing music in relation to what you're doing in the game. Jazz works well with tense car chases, whereas opera and rampaging around blowing stuff up and whatnot seemed to have some strange relationship.
Sometimes you just want to drive and have fun.

JNR was great to cruise to, so was The Journey.
K-ROSE was also pretty fun. Given that there's a countryside, a country station better return for GTA V!
Old 01-27-2013   #25
gta4crazy1
zane

gta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished road
a station similar to Game Radio from GTA3 would be awesome. like some not really known artists, or more underground stuff. I remember Game radio had Royce Da 5'9, Agallah, and JoJo Pellegrino, and a few other artists. I'd like to see something similar to that return

gta4crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013   #26
Gash_735

Gash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Updated with the latest trailer songs.
Old 04-30-2013   #27
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
There was a Los Santos Rock Radio poster in the Michael trailer (sons room).

Could very well be a radio station in V.
Old 04-30-2013   #28
Severed Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Severed Legham has a reputation beyond reputeSevered Legham has a reputation beyond reputeSevered Legham has a reputation beyond reputeSevered Legham has a reputation beyond reputeSevered Legham has a reputation beyond reputeSevered Legham has a reputation beyond reputeSevered Legham has a reputation beyond reputeSevered Legham has a reputation beyond reputeSevered Legham has a reputation beyond reputeSevered Legham has a reputation beyond reputeSevered Legham has a reputation beyond repute
Ash! Did you see the whole Flying Lotus gettnig a radio station thing?
Severed Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013   #29
Hagvok_Grrro
I'm The Best At Space

Queen <3
Old 04-30-2013   #30
Gash_735

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legham View Post
Ash! Did you see the whole Flying Lotus gettnig a radio station thing?
...No? I'll have to check that out, completely passed me by.