Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012   #16
Showstopper 26

Showstopper 26 is on a distinguished roadShowstopper 26 is on a distinguished roadShowstopper 26 is on a distinguished roadShowstopper 26 is on a distinguished road
The screens are looking real nice! RDR looks amazing and with each game Rockstar contines to refine and amaze with their RAGE engine. GTA V is shaping up to be a real looker
Showstopper 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #17
o3702519
Newbie Member

o3702519 is an unknown quantity at this point
This looks awesome but I really just hope that it will be more "real" and less bugged for what concerns movements and interactions with people. And that it will have A LOT of things to do. I just hope that.
The rest will certainly be good, and screens confirm that.
o3702519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #18
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Screenshots from the video IGN just posted.

Apologies for the huge size but I captured and uploaded these on my iPad 3.
Old 11-12-2012   #19
Russ
Custom User Title
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
Do we have specifics in regards to how large this game is? I know its not a good comparison but I was playing through Just Cause 2 and was wondering how V will compare in map size.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #20
gho5t
Max Payne 3

gho5t is on a distinguished roadgho5t is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Do we have specifics in regards to how large this game is? I know its not a good comparison but I was playing through Just Cause 2 and was wondering how V will compare in map size.
I don't think it will be huge like Just Cause 2 since that's 400 square miles.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas = 13.9 Square Miles
Grand Theft Auto: IV = 16 Square Miles
Red Dead Redemption = 28 Square Miles
gho5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #21
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by gho5t View Post
I don't think it will be huge like Just Cause 2 since that's 400 square miles.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas = 13.9 Square Miles
Grand Theft Auto: IV = 16 Square Miles
Red Dead Redemption = 28 Square Miles
Your scale is off, Liberty City is only 6 Miles Squared and RDR, whilst touted as 28 Miles Squared is more closer to the size of San Andreas. So as an estimate, GTA V's map will be around two and a half times the size of San Andreas.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #22
Russ
Custom User Title
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
Ok cool, thanks guys. I also have to say that some of these new screenshots are amazing. I see the rear bumper of a BF Injection!
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #23
gho5t
Max Payne 3

gho5t is on a distinguished roadgho5t is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
Your scale is off, Liberty City is only 6 Miles Squared and RDR, whilst touted as 28 Miles Squared is more closer to the size of San Andreas. So as an estimate, GTA V's map will be around two and a half times the size of San Andreas.
Apologies, I just copied this from someone else.
gho5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #24
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
This is what it looked like to IGN
Quote:
Rockstar has already gone on record and said Grand Theft Auto V will be around five times bigger than its predecessor, and what’s visible from the chopper is about three-and-a-half times bigger than the sprawling deserts of Red Dead Redemption.
Also, I just want to say the red car in front of The Richman Hotel is beautiful.

Last edited by Lukeyy19; 11-12-2012 at 09:47 PM..
Lukeyy19 is offline   Reply With Quote