Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012   #16
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
Unlike other games which specifically have their own Multi Player Maps (Max Payne 3, Battlefield 3, Assassins Creed 3), GTA doesn't, if anything, Missions will be split up as the big hitter for GTA is the Audio.
How about the entire map? will it even be possible to fit that on one dics? I'd say its more likely that they force you to install a few GB's of content on the HDD. They can't split the map on several discs, because that would mean switching discs if you reach a certain area.

GTA IV's map files are about 5,5GB. GTA V's map will be what? 3x as big?
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012   #17
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
PS3 version, it will most likely be on one disc.
Old 11-09-2012   #18
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
PS3 version, it will most likely be on one disc.
There's 50GB of space on a single layer blu-ray; it'll be on one disk.
Old 11-09-2012   #19
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
Well more than likely. Max Payne 3 was ridiculously large for example. 30-40 gb? But yeah, I don't see how anyone can favour the 360 version unless they have bias for the console.
Old 11-09-2012   #20
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
PS3 version here. All. The. Way.
Old 11-09-2012   #21
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
360 because it's the better ONLINE console.

When PS3 gives me something similar to party chat then I'll start buying things for PS3.
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012   #22
Gui
meh...

Gui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura about
Going with the 360 version, i prefer the xbox's online capabilities. Despite the disc space issues, Rockstar's games usually look and perform well on the 360 and if Rockstar and Microsoft make a DLC deal again, i won't have to wait forever.
Old 11-10-2012   #23
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
PS3. I never really spend much time online, when I did go online I never had an issue. The PS3 is the superior console, in my opinion, if you want to boil it all down to hardware and convenience. I wouldnt want to have to use 2 discs to run a game and with the bluray capable of fitting 50gb of content, and with the compression technology if it ever came to that, its less of a hassle than running it on a console that uses a disc with less space available.
I am expecting small differences between console versions, i honestly do think the PS3 will come out on top out of the two. Thats not including the, more than likely, multi disc.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012   #24
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
Considering how both GTAIV and RDR looked worse on PS3, I'd go with the Xbox 360.

The only thing that might be worth considering is the hard drive space you have on either console.
Old 11-10-2012   #25
kb24sd

kb24sd is infamous around these partskb24sd is infamous around these partskb24sd is infamous around these partskb24sd is infamous around these partskb24sd is infamous around these parts
Seriously consider this R* themselves stated that GTA V is their biggest & most ambitious game they have ever created and that it's 4 times the size of GTA San Andreas, Red Dead Redemption, and GTA IV combined.

Fact: L.A. Noire was 3 or 4 discs alone for the XBOX 360 version of that games. Which is why I can't see GTA V being on 2 discs.It's going to be in the same range as L.A. Noire if not more discs.

Fact: XBOX Live Gold membership which is the only service that will let you play any game online for multi player mode requires a $50 yearly fee.PSN on other hand their basic service is free and will let you play multi player.PSN offers a optional paid subscription service called Playstation Plus.

Console controller wise between the 2 consoles XBOX 360 has a bigger more clunkier controller which is more suited for people with large & bigger hands.I personally don't think it ergonomic at all and the controller made my hands ache after using it for about 3 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennifer3000 View Post
Considering how both GTAIV and RDR looked worse on PS3, I'd go with the Xbox 360.

The only thing that might be worth considering is the hard drive space you have on either console.
Do you realize that this was mainly because of the time when the both of the games came out that it was very early in this current console generation? GTA IV was delayed because they were having issues with programming and making the PS3 version of GTA IV.

Fast forward to present day and Spring 2013 and we are near the end of this console generation.The RAGE game engine that R* uses on all of their games with the exception of LA Noire has gotten better.

There really isn't a difference anymore graphics wise between the PS3 and XBOX 360 when it comes to 3rd party games.

Last edited by kb24sd; 11-10-2012 at 12:49 AM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
kb24sd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012   #26
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
The reason LA Noire was 3 discs was because the face technology.
Old 11-10-2012   #27
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himuro View Post
The reason LA Noire was 3 discs was because the face technology.
V will have a ton more vehicle and pedestrian models and motion captured stuff, more audio content, a larger map etc than LA Noire though so they may work out the same in terms of size.
Old 11-10-2012   #28
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah the PS3 is a much better console, hardware wise, but socially it sucks, only being able to talk to people you're playing with at the time ? What the fuck kind of shit is that

I spend 90% of my time in a party with 8 guys, most of whom are all playing different games, if playing any at all. Paying 30 for that service is nothing and something I'd do just for that service and to be fair 30 a year is nothing, If you honestly can't afford 2.50 a month then why do you own a console ?
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012   #29
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Totally agree with the PS3 being superior hardware wise. The online system sucks massive cock. The PSN+ shit is actually pretty cool with sales and free shit that go on.

I had this same dilemma regarding which console I should get GTA V for, then I realized I can just get it for both. I really don't give two shits how it looks on either, all I want is the goddamn game, and option to play it on either console if I so desired.

Going to wait until a Special Edition is announced, then will reserve a SE for both consoles because why the fuck not.

I personally would prefer the PS3 version because I have played GTA on PS since 1999, and I honestly felt all kinds of fucked up when IV was out and I got it on 360 because I didn't have a PS3 at the time.

Nothing against the 360 controller, or console itself, I really do like it, it was just fucked up using an Xbox control to play a game I had played with a PS control and keyboard/mouse for almost a decade.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012   #30
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennifer3000 View Post
Considering how both GTAIV and RDR looked worse on PS3
I'm sorry, what?