Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012   #1
p05

p05 is infamous around these partsp05 is infamous around these parts
GTAV: Xbox Vs PS3

for GTAV i want to change from PC to console but i don't know which one...

Xbox 360 (better price) will be the same game experience of PS3??

Let me know your point of you GTA fans...

Thanks
p05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012   #2
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Rockstar have improved their RAGE engine with Max Payne 3, and will be using the same variant of it with GTA V, so Graphics Wise, they'll be near identical on both, just both will be using different forms of AA which haven't been shown yet in screenshots.

The demo and the screenshots from the GameInformer Issue were running on the PS3 version of the game.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012   #3
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
We don't know anything about this game yet for the console versions. The 360 version will likely be on two discs, one for singe player and the other for multi. With the option to install the second disc so you can run the game using only one disc. Halo 4 works like that.

That said, the ps3 version of the game, as Ash said, is looking good.

Seems to me, you should wait for reviews to pick which game you want if you're talking about overall performance. It's too early to discuss this and anyone who tells you otherwise is just being a stupid console warrior who shouldn't be taken seriously.
Old 11-09-2012   #4
p05

i''m not talking about overall performance but just the best console for GTAV, in every aspect...

Last edited by p05; 11-09-2012 at 09:00 AM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Old 11-09-2012   #5
Himuro

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
I prefer the 360 controller but many swear by the dual shock. It's not a bad controller by any means but I prefer 360's due to its analog sticks, triggers, and click buttons. I suggest going to your local game store and ask them to let you both controllers so you get a feel of what you prefer.

As for multi player, 360 easily. I have both a ps3 and 360 and every ps3 game I've owned that has functioning multi always has a limited pool of players. Ps3 just can't match 360's user base numbers if you're in America. For example, my favorite ps3 shooter is Uncharted 2 and multi for that even barely months after release was DEAD. There would be 4000 people online playing at any one time and this is for one ps3's biggest games. 360 has not only a bigger user base who play more multi player games it has better functionality to play said multi games through the party system.

Of course a lot of what I just posted depends on region. If you're in Europe you WILL have people to play with because Europe, UK especially, have a Sony slant.
Old 11-09-2012   #6
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Both games will be identical apart from graphic quality.

So your asking which console is better for you? Did you try both the controllers? Do you like using the Xbox Live network or PSN for online multiplayer?
Old 11-09-2012   #7
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
As Ash said the game itself will probably be pretty much identical on both consoles, but with the ps3 you get a bigger built in hard drive, a bluray drive (for HD films and it means the game will only have 1 disk), smaller lighter controllers with built in rechargeable batteries, and online gaming is free, although as others have said xbox live's more stable and generally has more players.
Also, as someone who owns both, the ps3's interface is better, nothing's where you expect it should be on the Xbox dashboard.
Old 11-09-2012   #8
Himuro

As you can see, we all have our own preferences. I prefer 360's interface to ps3's because I find it more functional. I can play recent stuff with just the press of a button by going to the recent menu. Or I can pin favorite stuff like netflix to my pins menu rather than going through ps3's videos menu. Ps3's service is also very slow, one of downsides to being free. For example, when I load up my ps3 friends list, it takes forever to load them all. If I want to look at someone's profile, I have to sync trophies every time, and it takes forever. Even loading up their profile in itself takes effort. Ps3 is slow, slow, slow.

Since this comes down to personal preference, the only preference that should matter is your own. Go to your local game store, ask to try out the same game with both the ps3 and 360, fiddle with the dashboards, the ui, the friends lists, and other features and see which one you prefer.
Old 11-09-2012   #9
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himuro View Post
We don't know anything about this game yet for the console versions. The 360 version will likely be on two discs, one for singe player and the other for multi.
Please don't go around saying this, Multiplayer on GTA is mainly script based, do you know how much space it took up on GTA IV and EFLC? 4MB, that's it, since it reuses the same map and same assets as single player, they just script in a new set up.

Unlike other games which specifically have their own Multi Player Maps (Max Payne 3, Battlefield 3, Assassins Creed 3), GTA doesn't, if anything, Missions will be split up as the big hitter for GTA is the Audio.

And for anyone else, please don't bring up Skyrim, Skyrim didn't have 20+ Radio Stations to make room for, which is where a big chunk of the data goes with GTA. Radio, Cutscene and Speech are the main hitters in space, and to some extent even TV content which has already been confirmed to be returning.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012   #10
Himuro

I did use the caveat of 'likely'. Likely does not mean it's true, it's just a hypothetical, bro. However, I didn't know multi took up 4mb. The more you know.
Old 11-09-2012   #11
p05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
Both games will be identical apart from graphic quality.

So your asking which console is better for you? Did you try both the controllers? Do you like using the Xbox Live network or PSN for online multiplayer?
i don't know yet, i'm new about both... that's why i'm asking which is better for you, dear gta fans...
Old 11-09-2012   #12
Himuro

Dude, go and test them yourself.

Honestly, I'm swinging towards the ps3 version this time. Multi isn't a priority for me, and if 360 version has multiple discs, I'm definitely going ps3.
Old 11-09-2012   #13
p05

Quote:
Since this comes down to personal preference, the only preference that should matter is your own. Go to your local game store, ask to try out the same game with both the ps3 and 360, fiddle with the dashboards, the ui, the friends lists, and other features and see which one you prefer.
ok... of course... but in the meanwhile which is better for you?

Quote:
Honestly, I'm swinging towards the ps3 version this time. Multi isn't a priority for me, and if 360 version has multiple discs, I'm definitely going ps3.
ok this is the right answer... you got the point finally

Last edited by p05; 11-09-2012 at 09:22 AM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Old 11-09-2012   #14
killahmatic
Wildlife Photographer

killahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enough
I have no real info to compare, but from what i hear the graphics will be near identical in the systems, and I personally prefer the 360 controller. Sometimes something as simple as the feel of a controller makes it feel like a whole different game.
Old 11-09-2012   #15
p05

Quote:
Originally Posted by killahmatic View Post
I have no real info to compare, but from what i hear the graphics will be near identical in the systems, and I personally prefer the 360 controller. Sometimes something as simple as the feel of a controller makes it feel like a whole different game.
Thanks, i'm agree with you
can you tell me why you prefer 360 controller?

... i'm curious to know which pad the Rockstar team prefer...