Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012   #61
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Sounds like AngryAmoeba's arrest warrant script (for Gta IV) more or less, it would take a certain time to identify you and your car and you would also get pulled over for traffic violations and such. If your car was identified and you would lose the cops, they could re-start the chase when you keep driving in that car.

having played with that script for ages I can say it makes the game feel more alive but can be quite annoying when you're just looking to get from point A to B and get chased by cops because you broke a traffic violation.

Might be an idea to use that for a hardcore mode of GTA, god knows that's where gta 4 failed (not having the option to increase the difficulty).
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #62
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
The idea of continuing to search for you after you have evaded them is a tough one, on one had yes it would make police chases more exciting, but on the other hand it would make it really annoying when you accidentally get a star while trying to do something else.

maybe if after you hit 3 or 4 stars only then would your car become 'hot' and if seen even after evading them the chase would continue, unless you visit the pay n spray or change cars. I think having to change outfit would be annoying though, personally I like to find a look a like and stick with it, having to keep changing would get really annoying.

Military definitely needs to make a return though, and they need to be tough, but no tanks that cause cars to immediately explode on impact.
Old 11-06-2012   #63
J.Orlando

J.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura about
The one thing that I wish that were possible would be to see other main characters outside of missions. The concept of "mission-based everything" has gotten more than a bit old -- it has gotten to be a chore. I wish that there were much more fluidity in how the story progresses.

Instead of having the age-old formula of "show up -- cutscene -- action -- cinema -- more action -- final cinema -- pass or fail mission" it would be incredibly cool if you could walk, say, into a bar, meet up with someone who you know (or even say a "stranger" -- someone who becomes a part of the storyline as things develop) and have the whole thing be completely seamless.

How would you generate the necessary feedback that tells you if you are doing well or poorly? There are lots of ways to do this that don't insult the player's intelligence. If you are handed a wad of cash after a job, that might be a cue. Or maybe some kind of promotion, or some other reward. There is an infinite number of ways to reward mission passings, that don't involve flashing a message on screen that says "Mission Passed!" or whatever.

Anyway, that's what I'm thinking about. It probably won't happen in this next iteration, but it's something that I devote a fair amount of time to thinking about.

P.S. And I'm aware that many of the latest games, like RDR and GTA IV, don't have a true "Mission Passed" message. So, I suppose that maybe some of my criticism is somewhat misplaced. But having everyone clear out and be unreachable (except by phone) is kinda ridiculous. I mean, hell -- haven't you ever heard of "knocking back a beer" after a successful mission? What about, say, "Logger time!" for a job well-done...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post
maybe if after you hit 3 or 4 stars only then would your car become 'hot' and if seen even after evading them the chase would continue, unless you visit the pay n spray or change cars.
I'm sick of the whole "Stars and Bars" penalty routine in these games. I'd love it if they would just shelve the whole thing, and have you do one of two things:

- You evade the cops naturally -- without even having a radius system like in GTA IV and RDR. You would have way-more time to get out of the limelight too -- because in real life, it doesn't happen the way that it does in GTA games. It can take a full ten minutes for a cop cruiser to show up at a crime scene. Hell -- if you know what you're doing, you can be out of there in one minute FLAT.

You'll KNOW when you've evaded the cops because the sirens disappear and any cop you see on the street doesn't pull a piece on you --

- OR if you get caught (and don't get killed) you have to do some C.R.A.S.H. missions to pay off your debt to society.

Simple. Clean. Efficient. And WAY-more realistic.

And don't even talk to me about "jail time." Dumbest thing in RDR in my view.

Last edited by J.Orlando; 11-06-2012 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
J.Orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #64
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post
The idea of continuing to search for you after you have evaded them is a tough one, on one had yes it would make police chases more exciting, but on the other hand it would make it really annoying when you accidentally get a star while trying to do something else.

maybe if after you hit 3 or 4 stars only then would your car become 'hot' and if seen even after evading them the chase would continue, unless you visit the pay n spray or change cars. I think having to change outfit would be annoying though, personally I like to find a look a like and stick with it, having to keep changing would get really annoying.

Military definitely needs to make a return though, and they need to be tough, but no tanks that cause cars to immediately explode on impact.
Agreed, keeping a search active would get annoying. I actually really liked it in GTA IV, the cops couldve been a tad smarter but nonetheless, for a newly introduced cop chase system it did pretty well. If I were change anything though, it would be that killing a lone cop immediately gives you 3 stars. How? No one knew it was you and he didnt have time to call for back up or anything. I do think that it would be nice to have an RDR like system present, shoot a witness or just kill a cop... No body saw you commit the crime, the cop didnt get the chance to report you over the radio, so you have no stars.

Also the military, thats a must. If it just stops at those FIB guys then Ill be a bit let down, tanks and apache helicopters are what helps make it GTA. This time though, tanks should beable to crush cars instead of causing them to explode. It would be fun driving away from tanks and have one tank try to ram you but only crush a small part of the car.
It would also be interesting if the army fired the tanks, not close range and during chase but during a stand off, they could keep some distance away and shoot a few rockets your way.

Considering the hydra has been confirmed, i do hope dogfights make a return and plane controls are kept the same as san andreas.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote