Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012   #1
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Assassin's Creed 3

As many of you may know AC3 was just released today. Picked it up a few hours ago and played it for a couple hours. So far it's not bad, my main problem is some of the control changes are a little awkward but they aren't too different that I can't get used to it. I definitely feel like I've missed some story stuff which is probably due to not playing the previous DLCs.

Going to put anything that's not common knowledge in spoilers for now.
The thing that threw me for the biggest loop so far was the fact that in the Animus I'm laying as Haythan Kenway instead of Connor who they've been talking about in all the marketing I've seen. I'm assuming I'll switch characters soon but the fact that it's more than just a short sequence with Haythan threw me off.

I've been trying to recognize some buildings in Boston but even the few famous ones haven't stood out to me. It's not quite like Italy that has some very iconic buildings.
lillb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #2
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Waiting for the PC version, which comes out on November 27th I think.
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #3
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
Yup, PC master race.

3 weeks for non-consoles what horsedick
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #4
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
I hope the action is intense.

I always liked Templars, not because of the "wow, it's you" factor but because you finally had a opponent that more than matched you.

Until you figured out that by perfect timing of counter strikes you could win any engagement without getting hurt. AC1's (or maybe 2's) final story memory made that very clear. Taking on 10 - 15 Templars at once and then the Grand Master or whoever he was.
Old 10-30-2012   #5
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute
assassins creed is a very boring game the only interesting thing about this game is the story which i can read without playing this boring game with boring and repetitive gameplay.
Old 10-30-2012   #6
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Yup, PC master race.

3 weeks for non-consoles what horsedick
Meh, worth the wait for the non-shitty version.
Old 10-30-2012   #7
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to behold
>implying that ubisoft do good pc ports.
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #8
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
I hope the action is intense.

I always liked Templars, not because of the "wow, it's you" factor but because you finally had a opponent that more than matched you.

Until you figured out that by perfect timing of counter strikes you could win any engagement without getting hurt. AC1's (or maybe 2's) final story memory made that very clear. Taking on 10 - 15 Templars at once and then the Grand Master or whoever he was.
From what I've played so far the countering isn't quite as easy as previous games. They also changed up the buttons so that keeps screwing me up. In the previous ones you'd hold RT then tap X to counter. In this game you've got to hit B at the correct time then immediately hit X. It's not super hard but it's different and takes more precise timing than the previous game. They do have a huge red triangle over their heads as they are about to attack which makes it easier.Also got rid of the auto kill chain attacks from previous games, at least as far as I can tell.

Like the past the free-running is the same and pretty enjoyable. When you finally get to the forests it's pretty cool when you can take to the trees and jump tree to tree. It's somewhat realistic in that you can't cross an entire forest solely in the trees, but there are some stretches that are set up perfectly so you can run in the trees for a good distance. Also when it's winter moving through the snow is pretty awesome as the character actually struggles to walk through the deep snow and it leaves trenches in the snow.

Hunting reminds me a lot of Red Dead Redemption, with a skinning animation and everything. Although actually hunting is slightly deeper just cause you can find clues to track animals as well as set snares and put out bait.

In the beginning I wasn't so sure about the game, playing as Haytham for some time was kind of weird. Now that I'm playing as Connor they are starting to unlock the new features of the game so it's getting a little more interesting. I really liked how they had you play through Connor growing up instead of just hey he's an Assassin now that you're playing as. Still a few unanswered questions about Haytham, but I'm sure when we confront him later we'll get some answers.
Old 10-30-2012   #9
Piggus
Wicked Member

The previous AC games were excellent on PC with the exception of some bad screen tearing with vsync disabled. But newer systems can easily run them at a locked 60 fps at 1080p with 4xAA. I'll take a month's wait over crappy image quality and framerate.
Old 10-30-2012   #10
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
I need this game
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #11
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
I only just installed AC2 last night. Keen as mustard though.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #12
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
I'm just chillin' in New York when I could be at home playing ACIII

Man my priorities are fucked.
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012   #13
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutts View Post
>implying that ubisoft do good pc ports.

All AC games run fine on my system :x
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012   #14
Piggus
Wicked Member

On a slightly unrelated note, a friend of mine brought in Assassin's Creed Liberation for Vita. And DAMN does it look nice for a handheld game. It's the first real handheld Assassin's Creed game and they seem to have done a great job with it.

He was using the new white Vita as well which was probably one of the sexiest pieces of electronics I've ever seen.
Old 11-04-2012   #15
lillb
Casual User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggus View Post
On a slightly unrelated note, a friend of mine brought in Assassin's Creed Liberation for Vita. And DAMN does it look nice for a handheld game. It's the first real handheld Assassin's Creed game and they seem to have done a great job with it.

He was using the new white Vita as well which was probably one of the sexiest pieces of electronics I've ever seen.
How does your friend like it? I've heard a couple things about it not being that great but wasn't sure if it's just people being picky. Also didn't want to read too much about it so if I ever get a Vita I can play it spoiler free.