Old 09-21-2012   #1
lvlann

lvlann is an unknown quantity at this point
Numpad help.....

Hello guys, m really new to modding.. But somehow i was able to replace a few cars by reading tutorials you guys have put up.

I have been trying to get gta iv trainer n in order to do that i need a numlock key n numpad.

M playing on my dell xps laptop and it doesnt have a numpad or a numlock.. How do i go about that?? Please help

Thanks in advance.
lvlann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #2
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Find a key on your laptops keyboard named "Fn"

Hold that key down and start typing using the regular 1...0 keys. If that doesn't work, simply try tapping the Fn key and using the regular numerals.
Old 09-21-2012   #3
lvlann

hey,
it didnt work. I tried that. even the EPM doesnt work for me, because i cannot press 8 with a numlock on.
Old 09-21-2012   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
You can also open up the .ini file and change the keybindings so that you don't even need numpad.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #5
Push
Softcore Gamer

Push is on a distinguished roadPush is on a distinguished roadPush is on a distinguished roadPush is on a distinguished road
I think there is also a native trainer on the tools section for laptops.
Push is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #6
lvlann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist View Post
You can also open up the .ini file and change the keybindings so that you don't even need numpad.
which .ini file and how to change the keybindings? please suggest.. it would be of great help.
Old 09-23-2012   #7
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Every scriptmod should have 1 .ini and 1 .asi file, just right-click the .ini files and select 'open with -> notepad'

the ini file is called something like 'cofiguration file' for simple native trainer it's called trainer(.ini) the .ini part will probably not be displayed in your folder.
Old 09-23-2012   #8
lvlann

Quote:
Every scriptmod should have 1 .ini and 1 .asi file, just right-click the .ini files and select 'open with -> notepad'

the ini file is called something like 'cofiguration file' for simple native trainer it's called trainer(.ini) the .ini part will probably not be displayed in your folder.
kool, understandable..

now i have another issue.. i have asked this in tbogt board.. but didnt get a reply yet.. so m trying to replace cars in bogt.. but the handling, carcol, and vehicles data is nothing but gibberish

in GTA IV.. the carcol, vehicles, and handling directory was fine and was editable.. but for TBoGT.. when i open any of these files.. this is what I get..

"SDFA \-/=]^?iv
OZ79Cg~l!oI֨m=vF` xyOu7
rk;] fI,IBh=: &=,N˥o$?KK.|~:b B?imYf"7dg '*LhiӓME6FT%k馥L Q_Qz }mcp ˑ˶X b!
gd)t3r~h'I=r@
*]H
bVs&j!ňKv"9z^lo`̓Ԓ 06a ЈGΉ=5PG.Twa(̦X)Ȍrfw'LU=]UH+f׾.vj-;uTۛ7MOn*3?*"3jd }1\c AėuzzMs=:4exwcWJ6\<٘Jh6 9\[B{f{($/!I+V$BdsEht=|u d2,{ʸ4X\8m/\O|^:p:ʂ 9&J:jc."9aFo1z ~ *WrB5.\O??ý=7V;@%h
a ˱@ɏAuZ, MaaI4d[뱹@E/w ̍>JJ!t}6q gqw9 (1C|[VY0.Q-#Eh,Li97 X}P_o6 ¼F7hK("

now i have no idea how to edit the cars.. :/ please help with this too if you can! thanks.
Old 09-23-2012   #9
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Just go to EFLC/TBOGT/pc/common/data and open up carcols.dat (for example) with notepad, it should work (when I try it with my files, it works perfectly fine).

Notepad should be able to read those files
Old 09-23-2012   #10
lvlann

Quote:
Just go to EFLC/TBOGT/pc/common/data and open up carcols.dat (for example) with notepad, it should work (when I try it with my files, it works perfectly fine).

Notepad should be able to read those files
I did exactly that.. but it still opens a gibberish form of carcol, handling and vehicles.

is it possible if you could send me a copy of your original carcol, handling, vehicles, and weapons data file for both bogt and tlad?? ill msg you my email ID.. it would be of great help.
Old 09-24-2012   #11
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Files sent, but sooner or later you'll have to reinstall the game if you don't backup your files
Old 09-24-2012   #12
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
As far as I know some files in the later expansions were encrypted/or in a format that you couldn't simply open it with a text editor, but I guess you guys sorted that out