Old 09-20-2012   #16
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillb View Post
Are you playing alone? I hated playing the first one alone but it was pretty good when with a group.
Didn't get the 2nd one though.
Well it's not out in the UK yet so yeah, alone.
Old 09-20-2012   #17
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
God damn.

With my sniper rifle for long range and a turret to keep my ass warm at night I feel like a badass.

I'm definitely speccing into the turret now that I've actually figured out that you have three god damn skill trees
Old 09-20-2012   #18
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
God damn.

With my sniper rifle for long range and a turret to keep my ass warm at night I feel like a badass.

I'm definitely speccing into the turret now that I've actually figured out that you have three god damn skill trees
Thats the only downside the game has too is the interface, I almost missed some menus's because of it.

Many players complained about it including me.

One tip I can give is to be sure to keep up on the challenge list screen too not just the skill tree, they actually give bonuses for completing them unlike the first game.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #19
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah I've collected like 20 badass points, love sniping
Old 09-21-2012   #20
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah I noticed you could actually redeem badass points, and thought it was a glitch since I wasn't used to having nearly half a screen worth of +1% and -1% stats with so little playtime. Just used to relying on a badass shield and a badass gun to save the day

What I like so far is that the game seems a lot more scaled. I'm talking about being lvl 8 but having lvl 2 monsters do enough damage to make them a threat instead of something that barely registers as damage. The game is also a lot, lot harder. There was a point in the original Borderlands that after a brief struggle you were neigh invincible if you decided to kill everything and overleveled. Not anymore, like a bandit once said "I'm going to skin you alive and wear your face like a condom."

I've also seen lvl 2 bandits mixed in with lvl 6's and so forth. I'm really glad they took their time and made the game a bit better in the little things.

Inventory screen wise it's easier and faster to sell off things you don't need, but I kinda feel like it's a step back from Borderlands. They gave us options to resize the GUI and so forth, but they couldn't allocate more screenspace for the inventory at least?

edit: OH SHIT SON I found a 10 round Sniper Rifle with damn good damage, the most mild recoil I've ever seen in a sniper rifle in any game and rapid fire potential with Fire damage. I can safely rapid fire on targets from a damn good distance away. It reminds me way to much of a Dragunov

edit: W4R-D3N just executed me, twice at the bandit base. First time I got him down to half his health bar, thanks to using TWO second winds. Second time I got vaporized by the Badass Loaders. Third time I managed to kill the loaders and get back to the boss but he was gone.

The quest marker is now pointing to The Dust and somewhere elsewhere, I assume this is the Hyperion prison camp. I assume I failed the boss battle, will this have any negative effects?

I targeted his god damn weakspots with my best weapons and he still managed to pump out a continuous stream of enemies and I basically couldn't stay to kill him. Apparently on criticals he will stop constructing and restart the process, didn't happen.

Last edited by Xan; 09-21-2012 at 01:59 PM..
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #21
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Did you use the turrent at the war den Xan? I needed it for several battles in this where as with Borderlands 1 I barely used it cause it was too easy

They did a super good job fixing the enemy difficulty balance

edit: btw, another gripe I have is the maps are a bit confusing on the layout, I try to reach a waypoint marker but get stopped by the edge of a cliff or a mountain wall. I wish the Overlay map wasn't blacked out until you discovered it, it never was that way in the first game.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Old 09-21-2012   #22
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Yeah I used it but the amount of firepower coming from the Loaders and the Shield Bots meant that the turret was vaporized before it could even do any major damage.

I'm gonna try the boss again tommorow, if not I'll keep lvling up until I unlock the Missiles for the turret and until I buy a proper Shock weapon. I just hope I don't waste even more money, I know Borderlands has it's moment where you'd find a super tier weapon or shield for a huge amount of money with rare stats.
Old 09-22-2012   #23
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

I fucking love this grenade mod, best one I found so far, just run around to make a big group of enemys behind you then quickly launch it at them, massive blood bath.

Old 09-22-2012   #24
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Oh damn that's awesome, I like the short fuse time as well
Old 09-22-2012   #25
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
I've never been much into Borderlands but I figured it was worth a try (I started with Borderlands 1)

Like 15min into the game the robot you have to follow stood still at this random house, didn't move anymore. That kinda killed my excitement. It must be a bug since there was a gate up ahead which he needed to open.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #26
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist View Post
I've never been much into Borderlands but I figured it was worth a try (I started with Borderlands 1)

Like 15min into the game the robot you have to follow stood still at this random house, didn't move anymore. That kinda killed my excitement. It must be a bug since there was a gate up ahead which he needed to open.
I kinda do remember that happening to me once, I had to walk around the robot to get him to turn and look at me and continued on I think to fix it.

Old 09-22-2012   #27
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Yeah I tried that too but he wouldn't move

Well I guess I could start over, I wasn't really that far anyway.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #28
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Another new sniper. It's like a .50 cal. If a .50cal could shoot high damage explosive fire rounds with almost no recoil from a 14 round magazine.

This game man, it beats you to a pulp and then gives you a new toy so you can rape everything until something comes along and beats you to a pulp and then gives you a new toy so you can rape everything until something else comes along and beats you to a pulp.

Edit: BOOM, One critical hit and you have an entire roasted Skag Pack dinner.

Last edited by Xan; 09-22-2012 at 12:17 PM..
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #29
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
I just got a Automatic Sniper Rifle. What the fuck, man.
Old 09-22-2012   #30
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Vaporized W4R-D3N with a rocket launcher, threw a turret to soak up attention and it took 4 good shots to take out the shields and the health.

Gotta love 2,3k damage per hit