Old 09-09-2012   #1
gta4crazy1
zane

gta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished road
Car mod question

I downloaded OpenIV, and am trying to mod a car. I'm trying to replace the dukes with an actual charger. I renamed the 2 files. dropped them into the vehicles section. I can see the charger when i double click the file. but when i open the game and spawn the dukes, it still spawn the vanilla dukes. What step did i miss?

To edit in the handling, color, vehicle files, it said you need a text editor, since its a .dat file. anyone have a suggestion on a good one?

Last edited by gta4crazy1; 09-09-2012 at 08:11 PM..
gta4crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #2
Push
Softcore Gamer

Push is on a distinguished roadPush is on a distinguished roadPush is on a distinguished roadPush is on a distinguished road
Do you have any car mods and if yes do those work? And also make sure you replace the right model you want to change.
Push is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #3
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Just follow these steps:

- Open SparkIV, browse to pc/models/cdimages and open up the vehicles.img
- Import the files , which should be renamed to 'dukes' (.wft and wtd) if you want to replace that one
- Then hit Save and exit sparkiv (don't use the rebuild option)

- You might want to change the handling like described in the readme, but the car itself should work ingame

You don't need a texteditor btw, just select 'open with' and use notepad to open it.
Killerfist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #4
gta4crazy1
zane

gta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist View Post
Just follow these steps:

- Open SparkIV, browse to pc/models/cdimages and open up the vehicles.img
- Import the files , which should be renamed to 'dukes' (.wft and wtd) if you want to replace that one
- Then hit Save and exit sparkiv (don't use the rebuild option)

- You might want to change the handling like described in the readme, but the car itself should work ingame

You don't need a texteditor btw, just select 'open with' and use notepad to open it.
That's what i did with OpenIV, and i see the Charger i replaced the dukes with, but when i spawn it in game, its still vanilla dukes. maybe i didn't click save, so i will try that.

And no, this is my first attempt at doing car mods.
Old 09-10-2012   #5
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Maybe OpenIV is looking in the wrong directory

Try going to the actual folder (rockstar games/grand theft auto 4/pc/models/cdimages) and right-click vehicles.img and select open with -> SparkIV (or OpenIV) then try replacing the dukes files

OpenIV doesn't have a save-function btw, as soon as the edit mode is activated all changes are made instantly (exept when you're opening a .wtd file and changing textures inside it).
Old 09-10-2012   #6
gta4crazy1
zane

Quote:
Maybe OpenIV is looking in the wrong directory

Try going to the actual folder (rockstar games/grand theft auto 4/pc/models/cdimages) and right-click vehicles.img and select open with -> SparkIV (or OpenIV) then try replacing the dukes files

OpenIV doesn't have a save-function btw, as soon as the edit mode is activated all changes are made instantly (exept when you're opening a .wtd file and changing textures inside it).
thats what it was. i wasn't going far enough into the EFLC folder. once i did that, it spawned the charger. looks badass i must say, if only it sounded monstrous lol
Old 09-10-2012   #7
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

You could always try downloading a few soundmods

http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/realis...und-v10-f15741

Didn't try that one out myself, just something I stumbled across while searching
Old 09-11-2012   #8
gta4crazy1
zane

Quote:
You could always try downloading a few soundmods

http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/realis...und-v10-f15741

Didn't try that one out myself, just something I stumbled across while searching
this sound mod is probably the most baddest i've heard. the charger sounds INSANE

Old 09-11-2012   #9
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

That sounds like it's been added later on (from a movie or something). Probably not a sound mod by the looks of it
Old 09-12-2012   #10
gta4crazy1
zane

so i tried to do a lambo mod for the inferus, it was the Aventador. When i went to spawn it, it froze my trainer, so i figured i did something wrong lol
Old 09-13-2012   #11
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Only your trainer or did your entire game freeze? If so.. try starting a new game and spawning it again (sometimes saved games with parked cars cause problems when you install new ones, mostely when you replace the car you have parked somewhere).
Old 09-13-2012   #12
gta4crazy1
zane

it was just the trainer. so i will try it again
Old 09-13-2012   #13
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

If it happens again you probably didn't install it correctly (the car)
Old 09-13-2012   #14
gta4crazy1
zane

Quote:
If it happens again you probably didn't install it correctly (the car)
it worked! so that was probably what it was or something.