Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2012   #1
BslBryan

BslBryan is an unknown quantity at this point
Marty Mcfly mod v2 and playerped.rpf

Hey there. I'm a noob here but I've got a lot of experience modding other games and software. So I've got GTA IV. I bought it just to do the popular BTTF mods. I'm having trouble transforming Niko into Marty.
So first off, because I'm new I'll answer the questions you'll definitely ask me first. Yes, the game's folder is set to read+write. Also, MagicPatcher told me that the patch was not necessary for the game after version 1.0.0.2 - but to instead move a .pak file into my game's data folder. Done.

Now I've installed BOTH SparkIV and OpenIV. Every single page I've found on the subject tells me to navigate to a different folder - some which don't exist. for instance, on a Russian webpage it tells me to open data \ pc \ models \ cdimages \ playerped.rpf. This directory is available on SparkIV but not on OpenIV. It's like the directories are formatted differently in each piece of software. Annoying. Anyway, so the important part is playerped.rpf and really the most important part is what's allegedly inside - m_y_gkor_lo_02.wtd (this is the sole file that downloads with the Marty McFly V2 mod). However once I actually navigate to playerped, that file isn't even in there to replace.

I scoured the forums and found that m_y_gkor_lo_02.wtd is actually in componentpeds.img. So I replace the file there. I start up my game - it doesn't crash (this would at least indicate a problem) but instead does absolutely nothing. So I went back, and tried simply adding the file into playerped.rpf. Again, absolutely no result. Niko is still Niko and I really don't know what else to try. All of the documentation that I read on this is conflicting and I sincerely hope it's easier to replace other textures/ activate other mods. I wanted to start with replacing Niko's texture with Marty's because I figured it would be the easiest to install and I wanted to try it out immediately. Instead I've been trying unsuccessfully all day - searching through pages and pages of Google translator's Russian translation of random websites.

Those of you who are more knowledgeable than I am, what am I doing wrong here?
BslBryan is offline   Reply With Quote