Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012   #16
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Goddamn PS3 exclusives

this game looks so damn cool
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012   #17
Zero
Veteran Member

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't see this thread.

I posted the video here yesterday. Balls.

Well, anyways. I thought this demo showed off more of what the game actually has to offer than previously shown. Though I'd rather not be held by the hand with glowing objects.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012   #18
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Though I'd rather not be held by the hand with glowing objects.
That's something I notice alot lately in games, they keep making them easier and easier. Are gamers really becoming dumber and dumber so that they feel the need to do so?

Same with rewards, endless rewards for futile things .. it's like every single gamer has problems concentrating and would stop playing if they didn't get something rewarded every minute or have to actually search for objects without any assists.
Old 09-06-2012   #19
Offended_by_Everything
Social Justice Warrior

Offended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think gamers are getting dumber. I don't even think that developers think gamers are getting dumber. There's just so much money involved with high profile video games these days, that it's better to play it safe, go straight for the most unskilled and impatient gamer and level it off with optional things like difficulty settings later.
Remember playing turn-of-the-century FPSes like Soldier of Fortune 2, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault or Jedi Outcast and having to "use" every door to find out which one was unlocked? Back then, that was just something we were accustomed to. Then Call of Duty 1 started the "invisible director" trend, where your squadmates huddle around the door you're supposed to enter and just stand there until you do.
Developers have just become scared of leaving a game's flow and pacing in the hands of the gamer, or rather the gamer's skill and patience.
Old 09-06-2012   #20
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Nailed it^

Also you can probably turn off the glowing objects thing, just like you can turn off hints in Uncharted.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012   #21
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Yeah but some games don't really take these things into account

Probably a bad example but GTA4 didn't even have a difficulty setting, I do remember all those games you mentioned ZCAB, all very significant (to me atleast, and by the looks of it to you too). I don't mind extra assists when nessassary but I prefer if they'd be turned off by default. Wouldn't be the first time I was bothered by something like that only to discover half-way through that you can turn it off. But I guess that's just me being to lazy to check out the menu

But I think you make a very good point ZCAB

Also .. fuck PS3 exlusives, can't say that enough. I watched the entire trailer (the first one) then I was really excited, wow what I cool game I thought. Let's see when it's due .. then I noticed only the PS3 icon on there. Bastards, are we not good enough for your money?
Old 09-06-2012   #22
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
What is it with PC players moaning about this? Seriously? I support PC games a hell of a lot but this is made by NAUGHTY DOG, a Sony Studio, should be a pretty big hint and reason why it's a PS3 exclusive.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012   #23
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

I just don't get all that rivalry, why can't we all be friends

Make more money .. who could oppose that within Sony or Microsoft

You can have halo if we can have Uncharted, Heavy rain and that game
Old 09-06-2012   #24
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
If you wanna play PS3 exclusives, buy a PS3 Killerfist. There's no sense in complaining about it if you refuse to get a PS3. These games are published by Sony specifically for PS3 in the same way that Halo is published by Microsoft specifically for the 360. Any time you see "Sony Computer Entertainment Presents," you might as well turn the video off right there because it's not coming to any other platform.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Old 09-06-2012   #25
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

I'm a piss-poor student Piggus, I don't have money to buy another console. Not even close since PS3 is so damn expensive
Old 09-06-2012   #26
Zero
Veteran Member

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
Game companies aren't based around you and you only. Be a man and save some money if you want something bad enough.

Not to mention there have been countless sale opportunities. There's also eBay, Amazon, and Cragislist.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012   #27
Piggus
Wicked Member

The PS3 is the same price as the 360 now (excluding the Arcade model). And there's expected to be a huge price cut soon. You also don't need to buy as many bullshit accessories (like the stupid play and charge kit) and online is free.

Old 09-06-2012   #28
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

183€ for a 360 , 229€ for a PS3. But I guess that's fair, PS3 being a blu-ray player aswell

I just mean that the amount of exclusives is so little (atleast the significant games) that they could just aswell abandon the whole exclusives idea and work on a shared market.They did have plans at a certain point to make a shared console right? Or were those just rumors? I'd be all for that, the differences between both consoles are marginal anyway.

Once in a while a good PS3 game comes along, but not really worth buying another console for. The only thing I meant to say is that this looks to be a very good game. I can be a little disappointed can't I?
Old 09-06-2012   #29
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
The quality of Naughty Dog games would plummet if they weren't a Sony developer. It's no coincidence that the Sony studio happens to always make the best use of the PS3's hardware.

Also, piggus, where did you hear that a price drop is expected soon? I actually heard the opposite on twitter in the last week or so. A Sony spokesperson said that the PS3 was at a good price point and they have no intention to change it anytime soon. I'd find a link, but there'd be like 10,000 tweets over the top of the one i read by now
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012   #30
Piggus
Wicked Member

You shouldn't believe what Sony says about price cuts, even when it's said by Yoshida. A revision of the PS3 Slim was leaked and should be shown at TGS. It's meant to compete with the 360 Arcade and drop to as low as $150.

@Killerfist: I'm comparing the two most popular skus, not the 360 Arcade which is cheaper (and useless without a hard drive.) Also, it isn't just once in a while that a good PS3 game comes along. I own both, so I know. In the last several years, the PS3 has had game of the year winners each year. Uncharted 3, Uncharted 2, MGS4, etc. I can't imagine just having a gaming PC and a 360 considering how little exclusive the 360 has and how many 360 games can just be played on PC. That conbination doesn't make sense unless you're 100% obsessed with Halo. I can't take Microsoft seriously until they start giving smaller developers a chance, such as That Game Company. The 360 has no games in the same league as Journey and Sound Shapes.