Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2012   #16
killahmatic
Wildlife Photographer

killahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enough
I agree and disagree.

While the storyline wasnt great, and often didnt make sense in IV, extra over-the-top action is necessary. If it gets too realistic, you dont get the huge explosive missions. But Rockstar could definitely work to better weave the story together, rather than just using tape to stick it together.
Old 09-02-2012   #17
gower1988
Newbie Member

gower1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
It would be really crazy if Rockstar was only a couple months out from releasing GTA V, but I'm guessing its probably going to be April 2013.
gower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012   #18
demonocus

demonocus is infamous around these partsdemonocus is infamous around these parts
sure gta has a goofy unrealistic story and lots of unrealistic events but if it were realistic most people would probably hate it and call it boring so just enjoy it for what it is...a game. i like the goofyness and think it makes the game great and if i want realism i'll go outside
demonocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012   #19
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
I think you should make your "realistic crime game", OP.
But fact is, every movie/video game/tv show is "unrealistic" but what is important is suspension of disbelief.

The Dark Knight would have been more realistic if it didn't have a guy in clown makeup and a bat costume fighting for 2 hours but it was still an awesome crime drama with a lot of insight.

If you didn't like GTA IV, that's fine but you totally misrepresent it and the story for the sake of your point.