Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2012   #1
icemg1k

icemg1k is an unknown quantity at this point
switching places with an NPC on the fly?

For machinima purposes, I was wondering if there was a way for the player to jump into an NPC's body instantly. Just so you could keep a scene going....assuming you were recording by yourself, and dealing with bots and what not. I think this would be an amazing feature. Does anyone know of a mod that allows this?
icemg1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
No but there is a way around it, first download simple native trainer (if you haven't already got it)

Then let's say you want to walk up to an airport and see a helicopter take off (then switching to the view of the helicopter). Here's how you do that, first just use the normal player to walk up to the airport, then spawn a duplicate of the person you were playing with, then get into the helicopter with the other person and take off. Now you can simply use the video-editor to film the helicopter from the duplicate's standpoint (and cut out the part of you switching between persons and getting in the heli).

Hope that helps, I don't think there's an other way to do this. Other then perhaps switching between views (so you can't remember where the car/heli was anyway).
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #3
icemg1k

icemg1k is an unknown quantity at this point
aww darn. yeah i feel it, i was hoping to be able to do most of the stuff in real time but it looks like im going to have to rely on perceptive tricks through the editor. Thank you though
icemg1k is offline   Reply With Quote