Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2012   #16
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
If the black guy is the protagonist, I really hope he is 'gangster' and not 'gangsta.'

Stringer Bell > Carl Johnson.
I'm really hoping for the other guy to be the (main) protagonist. It'd be a nice change from the usual lowlives you play with. He kinda looks like a mob-boss
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #17
killahmatic
Wildlife Photographer

killahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enough
The plane flying over the river is unreal!!

I asked for a river, now i just hope they deliver on the kayaks. This game is seriously gonna give San Andreas a run for its money. I've never seen such amazing screens from a videogame before.
Old 08-24-2012   #18
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
game needs to come out now holy fuck

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #19
keitboor

keitboor is infamous around these partskeitboor is infamous around these partskeitboor is infamous around these partskeitboor is infamous around these partskeitboor is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
If the black guy is the protagonist, I really hope he is 'gangster' and not 'gangsta.'

Stringer Bell > Carl Johnson.
And then what's the problem with it ? so if he's an "gangsta" you will qualify him Hypocritically as an "not likeable protagonist" as with all the (same ?) biased individuals that bashed CJ with no real contructive critisism behind them ? i would be not surprised at all to see this.

Again it's nice to see how the grand theft auto community has evolved during the past ten years, and in most case that's not going to change... especially here (for example).

Have a nice day !
keitboor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #20
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
All I can provide here is commentary on rampant speculation...

but I hope to God that the idea of more than one main protagonist is true. And I hope that you alternate between playing as them, rather than permanently switch from one to the other. And I hope the game's story arc culminates with them meeting, and possibly fighting.

But what I really hope is that one main character is lower class while the other is upper class. Money could work on completely different levels for both characters. One character could make thousands of dollars for simply overseeing a mission, while the other character would make only hundreds of dollars for risking his life.

Kind of how shit works in real life. With political players making millions a year, and the soldiers they send off to die spending their life struggling to pay bills...

This game is supposed to be about the economy, class warfare, and "the almighty dollar."

I've never seen R* depict money realistically in any of their games, so this could be the exception...

The one thing I've always liked more than the gameplay in R* games, is the COMMENTARY ON SOCIETY.

They do that more justice than most developers could ever hope to. And they've already stated that this game is going to touch on the recent economic woes in America. What better way to do that then to have two different story arcs from different economic perspectives?

*sigh*

I get excited about Rockstar Games' games the way I get excited about a book or a movie....

Last edited by Tendercrisp; 08-24-2012 at 03:27 PM..
Tendercrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #21
Classified
Top Secret

Classified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura about
I am thinking that a multiple protagonist game is very possible as many people have already expressed. Also some of these screens are incredible and look almost like real photos at first glance, it really is a thing of beauty. Let's hope they give us a release date with the next screenshots.
Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #22
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by keitboor View Post
And then what's the problem with it ? so if he's an "gangsta" you will qualify him Hypocritically as an "not likeable protagonist" as with all the (same ?) biased individuals that bashed CJ with no real contructive critisism behind them ? i would be not surprised at all to see this.

Again it's nice to see how the grand theft auto community has evolved during the past ten years, and in most case that's not going to change... especially here (for example).

Have a nice day !
Chill out dude, he's just saying it would be a much more interesting take for a black protagonist to not be some stereotype street Gangsta, and to be honest, I'd like that to, we already have street Ghetto Gangsta with CJ, what's the point in repeating that again here?
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #23
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
Chill out dude, he's just saying it would be a much more interesting take for a black protagonist to not be some stereotype street Gangsta, and to be honest, I'd like that to, we already have street Ghetto Gangsta with CJ, what's the point in repeating that again here?

"Do you motherfuckers forget me on purpose? I fell in love with a redneck woman for Christ's sake. I served my country. I'm like the Anti-CJ."
Old 08-24-2012   #24
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
No PC, No por favor
Old 08-24-2012   #25
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
No PC, No por favor
Personal Computer?

Political Correctness?

Political Commentary?

Packed Churches?

Picky Choosers?
Old 08-24-2012   #26
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendercrisp View Post
"Do you motherfuckers forget me on purpose? I fell in love with a redneck woman for Christ's sake. I served my country. I'm like the Anti-CJ."
Of course I never forgot about Vic, but he had his own problems, the interesting thing about him was the Army Stuff, but that was over too soon, after that he became a broken record "I don't wanna get involved with Drugs!" and was yet doing Drug Deals, Shipments, Stealing Drugs, Helping lance build his Drug Empire, etc, and when he wasn't doing that, a lot of the story felt like you were babysiting Lance whilst he does all the crazy shit.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #27
keitboor

keitboor is infamous around these partskeitboor is infamous around these partskeitboor is infamous around these partskeitboor is infamous around these partskeitboor is infamous around these parts
Quote:
As the fact that if rockstar decide to making him like as you would say as "some stereotype street gangsta" he's will probably have the same amount of undeserved hate that CJ has go.

also i'll add that, there i'snt also much difference between an gangsta and gangster, since they do almost the same thing the only difference is in the way they operate.
keitboor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #28
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member

Quote:
Of course I never forgot about Vic, but he had his own problems, the interesting thing about him was the Army Stuff, but that was over too soon, after that he became a broken record "I don't wanna get involved with Drugs!" and was yet doing Drug Deals, Shipments, Stealing Drugs, Helping lance build his Drug Empire, etc, and when he wasn't doing that, a lot of the story felt like you were babysiting Lance whilst he does all the crazy shit.

Yeah, you hit the nail on the head. I was mainly joking.:p
Old 08-24-2012   #29
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by keitboor View Post
As the fact that if rockstar decide to making him like as you would say as "some stereotype street gangsta" he's will probably have the same amount of undeserved hate that CJ has go.

also i'll add that, there i'snt also much difference between an gangsta and gangster, since they do almost the same thing the only difference is in the way they operate.
In this instance, "gangsta" is being referred to in the same way CJ goes on. How he speaks, how he goes on, living in the ghetto, being g, petty crimes and all that stuff.

I assume when "gangster" is mentioned, they mean it in the sense where the gangster is brutal, but also intelligent, powerful (both phsically and otherwise), and basically isn't a little bitch.
Old 08-24-2012   #30
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
One thing I noticed is the license plates have actual numbers now. Not just "San Andreas".
I guess I'm late on that as that was in Trailer 1 but yeah.

Also the building in the background looks a lot like the Staples Center to me.