Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2012   #31
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
I've been thinking... I don't do that often but sometimes it happens. Here's an idea that is only an idea that I think could work, I'm only basing this off the fact that there are two characters who have been spotted every now and again.

What if for the first part of the game you're playing as the old guy, trying to build up a crime empire from the ground up so he has to do the dirty work to begin with. Taking the old seasoned guy stereotype, he could have a direct, brutal, but still moral approach to getting the job done. It gets to the point where he needs other guys to do the labour while he controls everything from a distance.

For me, this would be where the second, younger character comes in. He's in better shape, can endure more, potentially stronger, faster, could maybe be capable of parkour so on-foot police chases could be spiced up a bit. With different athletic attributes, it could feel like you're getting new abilities whilst still continuing the same story.

I think something along those lines could work, and I may be able to cope with multiple protagonists in this way.
thenotsogoodtrickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #32
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post
victim, there's plenty more questions.

Are they going to be part of the same story? Is it going to be two separate stories that are running at the same time, or one continuing after the other? will we switch back and forth or will it just be one switch? How would these two meet and provide a smooth transition from one to the other while being different enough from each other as to make the switch worth while?
Damn it, Luke, now I'm bursting with questions.

@thenotsogoodtrickster it's just about having faith, faith, faith that Rockstar know what they're doing really.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #33
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
New screens again guys, check the main page (or rockstargames.com/v)

Looks like that black guy again, I'd say it's confirmed that he's a protagonist

Also, lasers .. pretty cool

- Edit- Oh I thought these were pretty recent xD, nevermind you've probably already seen them

Looks like you were right al allong victim (with the multiple protaganists) nice setup with those pics

Last edited by Killerfist; 08-24-2012 at 11:04 AM..
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #34
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
Damn it, Luke, now I'm bursting with questions.

@thenotsogoodtrickster it's just about having faith, faith, faith that Rockstar know what they're doing really.
Well I'm definitely more open to the idea with Rockstar being at the helm as they connected the stories in EFLC so nicely. Still not the biggest fan of multiple protagonists, mind.
thenotsogoodtrickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #35
Tendercrisp
Hi.

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist View Post
It doesn't need to be two protagonists really, since this game is clearly about the economic crisis it could just as well be about some family man that gets into crime because he doesn't see any other way to provide for his family, lost his job etc etc. He'd start as a small time crook making alot of mistakes and pissing of the wrong people.Teaming up with some guys that double-cross him and stuff like that. Maybe then he would eventually get taken in by some known mob-family and climb his way up in the ranks.

So storywise there isn't that big of a need for multiple protagonists but judging from the screens you've posted It does seem likely indeed.

Actually the economic crisis could make having two (or more) protagonists a really interesting thing.

I mentioned this in the new screenshots thread.

So pumped.
Tendercrisp is offline   Reply With Quote