Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2012   #1
T1GER404

T1GER404 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Any Weapon Model Tut's/Converting?

Hello Everyone since my time being and downloading and installing mods I really want to make some of my own you know, weapon mods most of all I have alot in mind. and possibly know where I can get the models if anyone could help me in anyway it doesn't matter how I would be really appreciated.

I have seen 2 tuts on youtube but there outdated and don't go into great detail Please Can someone help
Forum Tut new Video Anything Thanks

SKYPE T1GERPRODUCTIONS
If you wish to help me there thanks
T1GER404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
I made one a few weeks back

http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133516

But you'll need autodesk 3ds max for it, you can do it with autodesk alone (which I've been doing recently) but back when I made this tutorial that didn't work yet.

You can get weapon models on sites like gamebanana.com (make sure you ask permission to use the model). Converting those CSS weapons (from gamebanana.com) require a little work to get them in the right formats :

- First download Crafty http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?p=46 and VTFEdit http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?p=41 (the installer on both is easiest)
- Download CSS weapons from gamebanana.com
- You should have a models and materials folder
- Open up the w_.. with Crafty (w=world model, if you open up the v_.. you'll also see the arms which we don't want) and hit export (under file)
- Now you should probably open it up with either zmodeler or autodesk 3ds max to remove any attachment that you don't want
- For the textures you have to open up the materials folder and browse to the v_model folder
- Open up the VTF's (valve texture files) with VTFEdit and export those to a format you like (PNG,TGA or JPG)
- You won't need the VMF's those are only info files (don't contain any picture)

It is recommended to use Autodesk to assign the texture maps and change the orientation of the weapon

Last edited by Killerfist; 08-18-2012 at 10:19 AM..
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote