Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2012   #1
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
GTAGaming - GTA 5 News & Updates (News Video)

Hey GTA fans! We've come up with an alternative way to deliver GTA 5 news and news recaps. It's in the style of a traditional cheesy American news broadcast and is completely experimental and for fun. Hopefully the series of videos will be informative and also bring a couple of laughs along the way!

Thanks to iKlipse, Ash, and the GTAGaming Crew, and also James from PWGaming for all the help in making this.
Zidane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012   #2
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
Nice work.

I wish my voice was as smooth as yours. ;_;

Edit: Only want 1 protagonist.
Old 08-14-2012   #3
stanko

stanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enough
I'd prefer multiple story branches over multiple protagonists.
stanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012   #4
jcmoorehead

jcmoorehead is on a distinguished roadjcmoorehead is on a distinguished roadjcmoorehead is on a distinguished roadjcmoorehead is on a distinguished road
I think an approach like the GTA IV trilogy would work out quite well if they did it right. Two or three protagonists which you can switch between each with their own intertwining story. I think it'd certainly be tough to pull off but I think Rockstar could manage it, it'd also allow them to experiment with ideas that many gamers might not yet be open to in terms of a protagonist.

Personally I'd rather it be one sole protagonist throughout the entire game as I prefer to get to know a character for the duration and I'd rather it be a system where we can shape their look and style to a degree and go through that empire building system. This is just me though and if I'm being honest I think regardless of the approach Rockstar would make it interesting.
jcmoorehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012   #5
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Every game I've played with multiple protagonists... I've simply lost interest in playing them. Maybe it's just me being pretty narrow minded with stories but when I pick up a game I only want to be one character, as I feel I'm taking that character from A to B.

A and B can be physical locations, reputations, character development. I coped with the DLC because I treat them as seperate games within the same universe, but if they tried to hoy all three games into one game I would have lost interest by the second island.
Old 08-15-2012   #6
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Multiple protagonists is one of those things that would have to be done well for it to work, otherwise it just wouldn't. If they do implement it, I have faith Rockstar can pull it off. The thing to do would somehow combine each character in the same story to make them all feel relevant while also making each remain separate enough to warrant being a different playable character. Say, combine multiple protagonists with more in-depth decision making that affects more than just one of the playable characters.

I'll think of an example off the top of my head: say one character smuggles drugs, another supplies them and another is a simple street dealer that sells them. Depending on how many protagonists there are they could have anywhere from 30 to 60 missions each (30 if there are 4, 60 if there are 2, etc) that all revolve around the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post
Every game I've played with multiple protagonists... I've simply lost interest in playing them. Maybe it's just me being pretty narrow minded with stories but when I pick up a game I only want to be one character, as I feel I'm taking that character from A to B.

A and B can be physical locations, reputations, character development. I coped with the DLC because I treat them as seperate games within the same universe, but if they tried to hoy all three games into one game I would have lost interest by the second island.
I don't think I'm the only one who found both Carl and Niko's stories to become progressively worse as they went on due to their length. After all, if going from A to B in a 2 hour film is possible, then I'm sure they'll be able to pull it off multiple times in a 20+ hour videogame.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote