Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2012   #1
ShenLong Kazama
The Eternal Darkness

ShenLong Kazama is on a distinguished roadShenLong Kazama is on a distinguished roadShenLong Kazama is on a distinguished road
Question Question about replacing interior textures

I've downloaded a mod which changes the textures of the apartment in Alderney, however, i can't import them. If i try to import the texture files one by one, it says it can't add new files. Than i tried to import the several folders, doesn't work either. Any idea?
ShenLong Kazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Which mod?

You have to open up the right image files and import the files in the package (not the folders)

If it says 'you can't add new files' it means you're either selecting the wrong files or you're in the wrong location (in the wrong .img)
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012   #3
ShenLong Kazama
The Eternal Darkness

ShenLong Kazama is on a distinguished roadShenLong Kazama is on a distinguished roadShenLong Kazama is on a distinguished road
Here's the readme file:

PC => data => maps => interiors => generic =>( homes_2.img)
PC => data => maps => interiors => props => residental => (electrical.img)
PC => data => maps => interiors => props => residental => (bedroom.img.img)
PC => data => maps => interiors => props => residental => (details.img)
PC => data => maps => interiors => props => residental => (Soft.img)
PC => data => maps => interiors => props => residental => (dining.img)

I tried to import the folders but it didn't work. Or is it because it'snota real .img file but a folder?
Old 08-10-2012   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
It'd be easier if you link me to the mod you're trying to install, then I can explain to you step by step what you have to do to make them work.

You probably either have .img files or .wtd/.wdd files in the package. If it's the first you just go to the location those .img files are located and select import (in SparkIV) to select the corresponding files. If it's wtd/wdd files you open up those images and then select import.

But as I said, link me to the mod you're trying to install and I'll explain it to you in detail
Old 08-10-2012   #5
ShenLong Kazama
The Eternal Darkness

http://www.gta.cz/eng/gta4/download/...ildings/abcd/4

It's the fifth file, it's named Pack Remake House.
Old 08-10-2012   #6
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Okay I see, I can understand the confusion but you're suppose to do it like this:

- Just to make it easy, unzip the files and folders inside the package to your desktop
- Open up SparkIV and go to PC/Data/maps/interiors/props /residential
- Open up the electrical.img
- Hit the big 'import' button and select the files inside the electrical.img folder you've just extracted to your desktop (so not the folder itself, but the files inside it)
- Hit 'save' and exit the image

Now repeat that process with the other .img files and the folders
Old 08-10-2012   #7
ShenLong Kazama
The Eternal Darkness

Okay it works now. But the readme file doesn't help much.