Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2012   #1
jaspervd
One way or the other....it's the right direction

jaspervd will become famous soon enoughjaspervd will become famous soon enoughjaspervd will become famous soon enoughjaspervd will become famous soon enoughjaspervd will become famous soon enoughjaspervd will become famous soon enough
Unhappy launchgtaiv.exe does not responds after any (simply) mod

with each add of a script i make in the gta folder....the launchgta1v.exe doesn't responds anymore
very frustrating.

Ive installed icehancer 2.1 on a clean installed gta4 ...as my first mod.
before the install....everything worked well with the lauchgtavi.exe and i have tried the 1.0.4.0 aswell 1.0.7.0 and the game was starting and playing perfect.
but after the install... when i copy paste all the files from map icenhancer 2.1 (such as described) into the gta vi map (paste/replaced some files) the lauchgtaiv.exe doesnt respond anymore....again i tried both patches..
i can hit lauchgtaiv.exe many times but it does nothing...sometimes the cd is speeding up in the computer but after 5 seconds it ends..

specs ..i7 3770 and nvidea gtx 680...16gb intern memory
asrock z77 extreme4
windows 7 home preminum x64

ive tried as administrator...i tried running as compatible windows vista 2...nothing..

Can someone help me out? I've spend many hours on this ...
after replacing the original backup without any mods the game works again..

even a simply mod like dsound.dll ..or asi loader....non of a responds of lauchgtaiv.exe

Ive updated each driver.. ..i play it with an original cd..

maybe there are some old files in the original folder which can been deleted ?

again...i tried with 1.0.4.0 and 7 version without any mod.. and it works great (60 fps on max)

for your info:

*update 1.07.0 was automaticaly via windows live....1.0.4.0 i downloaded myself...for testing.

this is what the original gta4 file looks like.:

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/3...308resized.jpg

thanks in advance for helping me out.

Last edited by jaspervd; 07-20-2012 at 03:42 AM..
jaspervd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Rating of icehancer 2.0 is kinda low, since comments are disabled I can't track down why but I'm guessing your not the only one having problems with it

Try installing a different icehancer
http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/icenha...phic-mod-f9503

Place back your backup first though

Make sure you have the right version of dsound.dll along with the right version of scripthook. Launch your game with administrator rights just to be sure
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012   #3
jaspervd

jaspervd will become famous soon enoughjaspervd will become famous soon enoughjaspervd will become famous soon enoughjaspervd will become famous soon enoughjaspervd will become famous soon enoughjaspervd will become famous soon enough
het enige wat ik kan bedenken is dat een SSD schijf een bepaalde beveiliging heeft ofzo...ik heb geen idee..maar geen 1 mod lukt..alleen de patches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspervd View Post
het enige wat ik kan bedenken is dat een SSD schijf een bepaalde beveiliging heeft ofzo...ik heb geen idee..maar geen 1 mod lukt..alleen de patches...
ik ga ice 1.35 proberen dan 3levo en dan stop ik ermee

Last edited by jaspervd; 07-20-2012 at 10:42 AM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Old 07-20-2012   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspervd View Post

ik ga ice 1.35 proberen dan 3levo en dan stop ik ermee
Je heb GTA wel verder goed geinstalleerd enzo? Je zit niet per ongeluk in de back-up folder? Start het spel wel normaal zonder mods dan?
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012   #5
jaspervd

Kill bedankt man je hebt me wederom geholpen..Heb versie 2.1 erop!
Ze zeiden elke keer installeer icehancer 2.1 op een schone gta4...maar met schoon bedoelde ze geen andere mods...
maar natuurlijk wel de scripts om uberhaupt te kunnen modden..zoals jij al aangaf dssound.dll scripthook en dergelijk.
man wat een genot nu!...ow voor jou info...ik gebruik de iceshader.fx van 1.25 (HQ)..de versie die jij aanraadde.
de DoF is op deze shader veel beter...savonds is veel mooier met alle lichtjes...(de 1.35 shader zag ik niks in het donker)en alles ziet er veel realistischer uit...het hele cartoonachtig gehalte wat in 2.1 is nu geheel weg.

merci man!