Old 07-15-2012   #1
Figment

Figment is on a distinguished roadFigment is on a distinguished roadFigment is on a distinguished roadFigment is on a distinguished road
HELP!!! Modding Handling

Hey everyone, I just got this game a couple weeks ago and I am still learning about all the MODding stuff I can do. I am usually pretty quick learning to MOD a game but so far changing the handling of my cars eludes me.

I have a few modded vehicles and a couple different problems:

First, I have a Mustang modded in over the Manana that barely has any traction and will pretty much just swing the ass end around especially the faster I get and becomes increasingly difficult to handle as it goes faster.

My other issue is on 2 of my cars. I have a Subaru Impreza MODded over the Maribella and an old shelby mustang (don't remember what I modded it over) that will roll at the slightest turn, even the NPCs driving it roll it all the time.

Now my big issue seems to be my handling.dat file. I turned it into a text format and started making changes to it but none of my changes are taking effect. I turned the file back into a read only after I was done and I also made sure to install the filelist.pak (although I am not sure if I did it right).

Any help on what exactly I am doing wrong so I can get these to start taking effect in my game I would greatly appreciate it.
Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Make sure you follow the authors instructions regarding handling lines etc

It's best to open with notepad and when you've made the changes, save to a different location. Then copy that file and overwright the original (make sure you have it backed up)
Killerfist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012   #3
Figment

Figment is on a distinguished roadFigment is on a distinguished roadFigment is on a distinguished roadFigment is on a distinguished road
I have the original backed up so that is no problem. As far as author instructions I don't actually have a program for re-writing these lines, I am just going into a text file and re-writing it there. Do I need a program to edit these? Do you have a good program you recommend if so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist666 View Post
Make sure you follow the authors instructions regarding handling lines etc

It's best to open with notepad and when you've made the changes, save to a different location. Then copy that file and overwright the original (make sure you have it backed up)
Old 07-15-2012   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
No , notepad is fine

Just select open with -> Notepad

Make sure it's still a .dat file after editing
Killerfist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012   #5
Figment

It is still a .dat file and still a read only. I don't know what to do from here?
Old 07-21-2012   #6
razrbullet
Newbie Member

razrbullet is an unknown quantity at this point
Need help on editing the handling on vehicles. when i get a vehicle i want, the handling sucks. so i see a person post a better handling lines to copy into the dat file. when i paste it in the notepad, the line squished with numbers while the other vehicle handling lines are spaced out like any other. I save it like that and the handling is still messed up. So i tried to space the squished line out like the rest still bad handling. but people comment on the new handling line that its good. Im new to this editing stuff and i would like for some help.....
razrbullet is offline   Reply With Quote