Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012   #31
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
It's called LOD aka Level of Detail. Why should you render a tree in complete pixel-by-pixel quality in comparison to the textures when you're so far away you can't even see it properly?
Old 07-13-2012   #32
killahmatic
Wildlife Photographer

killahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCAB View Post
Even if the helicopter is flying on the edge of the city (which it probably isn't) and those two buildings on the upper right are on the other edge (which they probably aren't), this city is absolutely massive.
Those buildings on the upper right DO seem to be at the edge, though i'm sure the heli isnt. So far it doesnt appear to be any larger than Liberty City was from a helicopter perspective, just all on one huge island instead of three separate ones. we shall see in a year or so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbeats23 View Post
The problem with your point about the trees is if you watch the trailer again, you will notice the trees look good in every shot.

And when you say this... "we all know by now many things that appear in the trailers and screens have been known to be largely changed, or not make the final cuts", are you referring to Rockstar or just game studios in general. I don't think Rockstar shows off stuff that isn't finished, or stuff they will change in the future. They even say stuff like this..."we want to make sure we only release 100% correct information" or "The only things we care about are that you enjoy the experience of actually playing the game and that we release accurate information".
My overall point was that it will be fine when the game comes out. (And if you ask me those trees are very close, not much of a distance at all. But we really dont need a whole convo about trees..)

And I was referring to the GTA franchise, because thats the only game I follow while they release trailers and screens. If you've followed the GTA games like I have during and before releases, I'm sure you've seen many changes from the early trailers that never made it into the game, or got changed. Usually small things, and almost always visuals. It happens. I'm not saying its a bad thing, its just part of the process of making the game.

Last edited by killahmatic; 07-13-2012 at 09:34 PM..
killahmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012   #33
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
It's almost like the Asked & Answered guy has no clue what is going on behind the closed doors. He's contradicting himself pretty hard.
Somewhat. I think he was saying "no new trailer soon" but "more screens/info soon".

Kind of like how for San Andreas they had Trailer 1 which didn't feature Carl really at all, just showed off Los Santos then the GameInformer came out detailing the plot and showing off screenshots.
Old 07-14-2012   #34
Bigbeats23

Bigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
It's called LOD aka Level of Detail. Why should you render a tree in complete pixel-by-pixel quality in comparison to the textures when you're so far away you can't even see it properly?
Yes, this is exactly what I'm talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killahmatic View Post
My overall point was that it will be fine when the game comes out. (And if you ask me those trees are very close, not much of a distance at all. But we really dont need a whole convo about trees..)

And I was referring to the GTA franchise, because thats the only game I follow while they release trailers and screens. If you've followed the GTA games like I have during and before releases, I'm sure you've seen many changes from the early trailers that never made it into the game, or got changed. Usually small things, and almost always visuals. It happens. I'm not saying its a bad thing, its just part of the process of making the game.
Those trees are not "very close". Just look at this image...

The bottom portion(most recent image) clearly has the smallest(furthest) trees. If you look at the top half of the image, you can see how quickly the detail drops off as the trees go further into the distance.

And if you're referring to the GTA franchise, what changes have you ever seen from early trailers that never made it to the game or got changed?

Last edited by Bigbeats23; 07-14-2012 at 05:03 AM..
Bigbeats23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012   #35
Tim
Autonomic

Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by eli View Post
I doubt the game mechanics have drastically changed from GTA IV.
Doesn't really need to. That worked perfectly fine.

Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012   #36
THB

THB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enough
Looks really nice, I'm happy to see some new screenshots and hopefully more will follow soon.
THB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012   #37
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Doesn't really need to. That worked perfectly fine.
it was a reply to this quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanko View Post
Honestly, that depends on gameplay. I'll buy it if it plays like San Andreas, but if it's very similar to GTA IV, then I won't.
Old 07-15-2012   #38
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
I think IV went overly sarcastic and moralistic. Needs to have more "fun" in the story.
Old 07-15-2012   #39
gta4crazy1
zane

gta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algonquin View Post
I think IV went overly sarcastic and moralistic. Needs to have more "fun" in the story.
i agree completely. I miss the crazy nonsense san andreas and vice city had. i wish it would at least touch on that style again. just disregard my name lol.

gta4crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012   #40
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algonquin View Post
While I think more "fun" is necessary, I hope they don't take things too far. I'll start by saying I liked IV, despite it's repetitive missions, which were all "go here, kill him and I will pay you" with the occasional "go here, steal this chopper so you can kill him and I will pay you." All V needs to do is mix-things up and have more to do in the missions.

The last thing I want is "crazy nonsense" that breaks immersion with the game world, such as stealing jet-packs for a local conspiracy theorist. San Andreas took things too far, which was something III and Vice City never did. If I remember correctly, which I do, both III and Vice City had very grounded stories, like IV, yet with more variety in missions, which is the only thing that I think V's storyline needs.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012   #41
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah but those were the missions you remembered because they were so far out of the norm for San Andreas and that's the point. It had that right mix of serious and goofy at the same time.

If GTAIV had it's "just go fucking wild bro" moments they we're insignificant enough so that I can't remember them as being my highlight point of the game. It's all just "Niko they killed this this, NIKO THEY BURNED MY FUCKING BUSINESS I'M RUINED, NIKO THEY BURNED YOUR APARTMENT, NIKO THEY KILLED YOUR FUCKING BRIDE/MY WIFE, NIKO RUSSIANS TRYING TO KILL ME, NIKO RUSSIANS HITSQUAD + YOU. NIKO YOU FUCKED UP GREASEBALL MOBSTER KILL YOU. NIKO FUCKING SERBIAN YOUR PAST IS KILLING YOU WITH GUNS

NIKO FUCKING GOVERNMENT TRYING TO RECRUIT YOU SERIOUS SERIOUS HUSH HUSH"

Actually the game had a high point, those crazy Irish bastards. They made the game for me
Old 07-15-2012   #42
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
My opinion is that you can have "fun" without having "goofy." The reason why I remember the downright ridiculous parts of San Andreas was because I disliked them so much - they aren't good memories. But.. that's my opinion.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012   #43
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
My opinion is that you can have "fun" without having "goofy." The reason why I remember the downright ridiculous parts of San Andreas was because I disliked them so much - they aren't good memories. But.. that's my opinion.
Well I agree with you on that, I don't mind if Gta 5 has the same patterns als gta 4. Maybe all it needs it more choice, deciding which gang to join .. leaving people alive or killing them , etc.

What I've always dreamed about was the option to actually become good and join the police for example, but that's to non-gta I guess. But it'd be nice if you can wear a police uniform again, like in San Andreas (or was it vice city?) so you can atleast pretend to be a cop xD
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012   #44
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Yeah. I can't remember what GTA it was but I remember being in Uniform with a Baton and just randomly hitting civilians.

A cop NPC actually told me to watch out because someone might have a camera, blew my mind at the time
Old 07-16-2012   #45
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
Yeah. I can't remember what GTA it was but I remember being in Uniform with a Baton and just randomly hitting civilians.

A cop NPC actually told me to watch out because someone might have a camera, blew my mind at the time
Hahaha never experienced that

But talking about cops, it would be cool if gta V's cops are a little more scripted, that they don't always immediatly know you did it etc. I've seen it get better through-out the gta games, atleast in gta 4 they attacked other peds if the ped were attacking you and you were not shooting or anything.

It'd also be cool if you wear a cop uniform that people will also treat you like a cop
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote