Old 07-15-2012   #1
Thomas B.
Streets ahead

Thomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of light
L.A. Noire $5

LA Noire is only $5 on Steam today! Anyone feeling generous?
Thomas B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012   #2
Zero
Veteran Member

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
Even if I was gifted this game I wouldn't play it.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012   #3
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Even if I was gifted this game I wouldn't play it.
It's not THAT bad , or is the port to pc just really awful? I played it on xbox and it was a pretty decent game (I'm glad though that I borrowed it instead of buying it myself, not nearly worth the 60bucks it was in store).
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012   #4
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
nah it's just the fact that you can "NO WHY ARE YOU FUCKING LYING TO ME? I KNOW YOU KILLER THOSE GIRLS YOU FUCKING WACKO" WHAAT I KILLED NOBODY!

Oh sorry, I just.. Sorry.

And meh, it's a movie with very very limited gameplay potential.
Old 07-15-2012   #5
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
nah it's just the fact that you can "NO WHY ARE YOU FUCKING LYING TO ME? I KNOW YOU KILLER THOSE GIRLS YOU FUCKING WACKO" WHAAT I KILLED NOBODY!

Oh sorry, I just.. Sorry.

And meh, it's a movie with very very limited gameplay potential.
Hahahah yeah okay true, but it was kinda funny (the accussing of lying and then pretending nothing happened if you're wrong)
Old 07-15-2012   #6
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
I'm gonna have to check this shit out on my desktop in the morning before work.. The steam website's telling me that it's normally only $15 which can't be true for Aussies.. I would be surprised if they charged us any less than $45.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012   #7
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legham View Post
I'm gonna have to check this shit out on my desktop in the morning before work.. The steam website's telling me that it's normally only $15 which can't be true for Aussies.. I would be surprised if they charged us any less than $45.
It's 30,- here (in retail store) which would be about $37

That's pretty ridiculous, I'm going to buy more games from steam from now on
Old 07-15-2012   #8
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, i wasn't talking about retail, I meant on steam. They charge different amounts for people depending on where they're from..
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012   #9
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legham View Post
Yeah, i wasn't talking about retail, I meant on steam. They charge different amounts for people depending on where they're from..
Wierd, but you can cheat that system right? Having someone from the US buy it for you (and send it as a gift) and just giving him the money he paid for it.

Or do they have something for that?
Old 07-15-2012   #10
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah that really sucks. I always found it funny as fuck that for example an American has to pay 60$ for a game and a European has to pay 60€ and a Australian has to pay 60$-)#/$)/

It looks nice and priced the same, but there is a huge fucking difference in currency value. Take note this doesn't happen on every game, but happens often enough not to be classified as a rarity..
Old 07-15-2012   #11
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
Yeah that really sucks. I always found it funny as fuck that for example an American has to pay 60$ for a game and a European has to pay 60€ and a Australian has to pay 60$-)#/$)/

It looks nice and priced the same, but there is a huge fucking difference in currency value. Take note this doesn't happen on every game, but happens often enough not to be classified as a rarity..
For Europe, it's the Euro that fucked us (atleast it did for Holland) the trade in value was 1euro for 2,20f ('gulden' ) but it soon became 1=1

It is indeed a huge difference, we're basically paying 10euro's/12dollars more for a game then our American friends. Although games are often 55€ , depending on the store but I guess that's the same for the US
Old 07-15-2012   #12
Zero
Veteran Member

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist666 View Post
It's not THAT bad , or is the port to pc just really awful? I played it on xbox and it was a pretty decent game (I'm glad though that I borrowed it instead of buying it myself, not nearly worth the 60bucks it was in store).
My own personal reasons to boycott.

Like why did they bring that interactive movie to PC and not Red Dead Redemption? Out of all the games Rockstar has ported to PC; why are they so against RDR?
Old 07-15-2012   #13
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
My own personal reasons to boycott.

Like why did they bring that interactive movie to PC and not Red Dead Redemption? Out of all the games Rockstar has ported to PC; why are they so against RDR?
Very good point indeed, they did plan it right? If I remember correctly they cancelled it .. god knows why
Old 07-15-2012   #14
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

I would play the fuck out of RDR if it came to PC, I'd even get the DLC or were those expansion they had?
Old 07-15-2012   #15
Zero
Veteran Member

As would I. I'd gladly repurchase the game and all the DLC, be it separate or GOTY. The mods. Ugh! Think of the mods! I'd totally put up with GFWL if that's what it came to. Should start a petition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist666 View Post
Very good point indeed, they did plan it right? If I remember correctly they cancelled it .. god knows why
Who knows, man. It was a really bad decision not to. I saw almost ZERO demand for L.A. Noire for PC and yet they brought it over. And within the first month it was at a lowered price. Maybe they're still working on it? Who knows. I'd like to think they are.