Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2012   #1
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
Brand spankin' new GTAV screenshots.

Gamespot tweeted some new GTAV screenshots just seconds ago:

The first is of a helicopter flying over the city:
http://ow.ly/i/LqOb

And the second is a lake/park kind of area with a couple of NPCs (presumably) sitting around relaxing:
http://ow.ly/i/LqOw
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #2
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
saw your RT, looks really nice.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #3
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
DAMNIT, I just wrote a response to the other thread, but it got deleted and i lost the message :/

But anyways, If you look at the screens at full-res they're actually surprisngly average looking in certain areas :/ The leaves of the trees look incredibly bad and there's some really obvious LOD snapping on the streets in the helicopter screeny.

I would have thought that R* would polish the crap out of any screenshots and make sure they're absolutely perfect.. But either way, it's still awesome to see some new material.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #4
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, sorry about that. You beat me though so it's your own darn fault. I agree though, the shots look kind of funky in areas and make the game seem like it's a long way from completion. I'm just happy to actually see something though.

Also, black man flying the chopper? Does he not look like a policeman to anybody else? Could be a playable character.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #5
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute
I don't care about that. The city looks absolutely huge and I love the park area.
Old 07-12-2012   #6
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Bonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond repute
GTA has never looked good in screenshots though, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
After releasing my mix tape here, people are loving it. Like, loving it. I mean to the point that I'm gone to clubs to perform, all black clubs and they give a standing ovation, getting dab from everyone, and on my sort of"party-and-get-fucked-up" records, the whole club is dancing.
Bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #7
stanko

stanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enough
Wow, after 8 months of complete silence, they've released two screenshots? Which are, by the way, not HD? Great PR, Rockstar... Sorry for sarcasm, but the too-long-anticipation has almost killed all of my interest.
Judging by these screens, there are other titles that look at least as good as GTAV. This is not a way to promote a sequel for one of the most popular games, especially after waiting for so long.
stanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #8
Kwanza

Kwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanko View Post
Wow, after 8 months of complete silence, they've released two screenshots? Which are, by the way, not HD? Great PR, Rockstar... Sorry for sarcasm, but the too-long-anticipation has almost killed all of my interest.
Judging by these screens, there are other titles that look at least as good as GTAV. This is not a way to promote a sequel for one of the most popular games, especially after waiting for so long.
You'll still buy it though.

Looks great- except for the trees, they still look pretty shitty. I won't lose any sleep over it.
Kwanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #9
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute
The shadows and reflections look quite good though. It's not like the Xbox 360 or the PS3 graphics could be much better on such a large scale
Old 07-12-2012   #10
JiggyTurtle

JiggyTurtle will become famous soon enoughJiggyTurtle will become famous soon enoughJiggyTurtle will become famous soon enoughJiggyTurtle will become famous soon enoughJiggyTurtle will become famous soon enoughJiggyTurtle will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanko View Post
As stated in the QA the screens come from, they can't spew out information (or even screenshots) left and right because they want to only release 100% true info. And since everything is subject to change, the amount of 100% true info is very minimal at this moment.

Besides, they don't need to "promote a sequel for one of the most popular games" because it's GTA. You'll buy it, I'll buy it, and your grandmother will buy it. Twice.

I happen to think these screens display a great and real atmosphere, which you really only get from Rockstar's top-notch design methods.
JiggyTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #11
BlackSilver65

BlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really nice
I doubt i'll spend my time staring at tree leaves anyhow, even though they will most likely fix that.
BlackSilver65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #12
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSilver65 View Post
I doubt i'll spend my time staring at tree leaves anyhow, even though they will most likely fix that.
GTA

Great Tree Analogues

Excited as hell to see some news. Hopefully it's the first few drops in a torrent of new information.
Old 07-12-2012   #13
BlackSilver65

BlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really nice
On the front page there is a quote saying they wont be releasing much information for awhile.
BlackSilver65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #14
Tim
Autonomic

Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond repute
These shots actually make more excited than the trailer. Not sure why though.

Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #15
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSilver65 View Post
On the front page there is a quote saying they wont be releasing much information for awhile.
Three things:

Quote:
We should have more information and some new assets for you soon.
Quote:
We just have not been in a position to show more of the game than the trailer and will not be for a while yet.
Quote:
We will try and get some more screens for you soon and then another trailer when we are ready.
It's almost like the Asked & Answered guy has no clue what is going on behind the closed doors. He's contradicting himself pretty hard.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote