Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2012   #46
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Bonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Got this as a birthday gift from my girlfriend

I'm a bit worried after watching the video Zero posted, but I shall see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
After releasing my mix tape here, people are loving it. Like, loving it. I mean to the point that I'm gone to clubs to perform, all black clubs and they give a standing ovation, getting dab from everyone, and on my sort of"party-and-get-fucked-up" records, the whole club is dancing.
Bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012   #47
JMR
I'm shot in the head!

JMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond repute
Dude, you'll love it. Cutscenes are a bitch for sure. But as a huge fan of Max Payne 1 and 2, I think it's amazing even though MP3 is sooo different.

I really like the multiplayer as well, although it's basically just CoD/Battlefield injected into Max Payne. But it was done very well.
JMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012   #48
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Bonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah recently went through 1 and 2 again.

I'll have to wait until tomorrow to play though apparently my controller is fucked up, can't move my right stick up/down

FML

Quote:
After releasing my mix tape here, people are loving it. Like, loving it. I mean to the point that I'm gone to clubs to perform, all black clubs and they give a standing ovation, getting dab from everyone, and on my sort of"party-and-get-fucked-up" records, the whole club is dancing.
Old 07-05-2012   #49
JMR
I'm shot in the head!

JMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond repute
Bummer mine seems to get stuck sometimes when I move it up. So I often end up running around while staring intently at the ground.
Old 07-06-2012   #50
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

You're right, cutscenes really are a bitch. JUST LET ME PLAY ROCKSTAR, PLEASE.

I like it overall though, even if I'm not that far yet.

(ps. a white controller is so sex)

Quote:
Old 07-06-2012   #51
JMR
I'm shot in the head!

I wish they would have stuck with the graphic novel system. Not only did I like it better, but if you already know what's going on you could just hit escape twice and cut to the action.
Old 07-06-2012   #52
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

They're such pointless cutscenes as well (well, so far anyway)

Max has to open a door? Walk through a hall? LET ME HELP YOU WITH THAT.

It also sucks that sometimes you can't even walk where the fuck you want

spoiler, I guess?
the part where they are on the football field and the sniper gets them. Walking through the corridors I wanted to go left/right but NOPE

Quote:
Old 07-06-2012   #53
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMR View Post
I wish they would have stuck with the graphic novel system.
I couldn't agree more... The way the did it now was cool and all, but it really cut out how Max Payne should feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonecrusher View Post
Walking through the corridors I wanted to go left/right but NOPE]
I know the other MPs weren't too much better with this, but MP3 did feel quite a bit linear. I know that is kind of what games are all about, going from A to B, it just would have been fun to explore more in this game, instead of not really being able to stray from the one and only path it wants you to go.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012   #54
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Yeah I agree MP1/2 weren't exactly exploration games but the whole "not being able to turn left/right" really made that part shitty for me.

Oh well I won't judge too soon, I'll play some more now because it's motherfucking Max Payne!

edit:
JMR, I think I got you on PSN already (Funktipux) though I'm not online a lot at all due to my weird room setup/internet connection

Quote:
Old 07-12-2012   #55
Sasha

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold
Got it as a gift from the gf.

God damn this game fucking sucks so far. In my opinion it's bullshit clumsy on a controller, and not really liking the style at all so far. If I had a computer capable of running it I would trade it in a heart beat.

Overall I'm pretty disappointed, I might change my point of view after playing some more, but first impressions pretty poor. The excitement that started when I heard the classic Max Payne piano music quickly turned into frustration once I started to actually play the game. And what the fuck is with the god damn fucking bullshit linear crap? And these fucking clues? WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF CLUE IS A NECKLACE ON THE GROUND? I KNOW SHE'S GOING THAT WAY BECAUSE THERE'S NO OTHER DOOR IN THIS ENCLOSED SPACE TO GO THROUGH GOD DAMN IT, I don't need a fucking necklace on the floor to tell me that.

Even on Easy difficulty it's far too easy to die and far too hard to kill enemies. I mean what the fuck am I supposed to do when walking into the middle of the room is what triggers the enemies to come running in? Leaping backwards into bullet time doesn't seem to do much, might get an enemy or two but the other two guys are still firing at their hearts content with uzis and shotguns. Sure you CAN eventually get past it, with half health and no painkillers left because you generally only have 2-3 and you don't get a chance to search for more. And even using the aim assist, it only brings you to their chest and you have to take the time to slowly move the cross hair to their head, and by the time you do that the other three guys have already unloaded into you. You could just keep firing into their chest, but you run out of ammo in no time and have to keep swapping guns around to get more for a different weapon.
Old 07-12-2012   #56
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

that feel when girlfriends buy this as a gift and you have to act like it's the best thing ever.

(dying/controls aren't a problem for me though, it's easy as shit with cover)

Quote:
Old 07-12-2012   #57
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, I'm not a fan of Max Payne on consoles, even the old ones had terrible controls that just made the game awkward to play. The game controls much better on PC and the difficulty was designed around that, you're expected to get head shots and pin point accuracy in these fights which a controller can be a bit more difficult and slower to handle with.

As for the Clues, they get a lot more spread out and hidden as the levels get bigger.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #58
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
Got it as a gift from the gf.

God damn this game fucking sucks so far. In my opinion it's bullshit clumsy on a controller, and not really liking the style at all so far. If I had a computer capable of running it I would trade it in a heart beat.
Have you played MP1 and 2? I don't think you're going to like the rest of the game if you already think it sucks, the whole game is in the same atmosphere more or less (except for the jersey parts).

But the game isn't that difficult is it? I play with a 360 controller (on PC) and I think it's manageable on hard. If you get one of those parts where enemies barge in .. just dive to cover and shoot a few while diving. You can also use bullet time and move around a little.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #59
Sasha

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist666 View Post
Have you played MP1 and 2? I don't think you're going to like the rest of the game if you already think it sucks, the whole game is in the same atmosphere more or less (except for the jersey parts).

But the game isn't that difficult is it? I play with a 360 controller (on PC) and I think it's manageable on hard. If you get one of those parts where enemies barge in .. just dive to cover and shoot a few while diving. You can also use bullet time and move around a little.
For the love of all that is great, WHY?!

Of course I've played one and two, many times. I loved those games.

I find it far too awkward on a controller in situations where good shots and cover are critical. Jesus the amount of times I've gone to cover behind something and end up on the wrong side of the cover towards the bad guys, by the time I'm in a better position of cover I'm a shot away from being in the "last man standing" position without the ability to reload my empty clip.

Jesus Christ seriously? They manage to do a great job on animation in different environments and positions and they couldn't have added that in?

God I wish my 4870 never died, I could be enjoying this game right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonecrusher View Post
that feel when girlfriends buy this as a gift and you have to act like it's the best thing ever.

(dying/controls aren't a problem for me though, it's easy as shit with cover)
I'm okay in that aspect, I made it very clear in the beginning of the relationship to never buy me gifts without discussion. Although it didn't help that I got her to buy me a boxee box, I was SO happy and excited.. Till I got home plugged it in and it doesn't work in my plasma using a hdmi to DVI adapter. Was hugely fucking pissed off about that. So I'm buying a HDCP decoder from China to hopefully get around that. She didn't feel too good about the gifts she got me, but I told her it wasn't her fault at all, just bad judgement on my behalf.

Last edited by Sasha; 07-12-2012 at 11:33 AM..
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #60
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
I've used an xbox controller since I was a little kid, so I actually aim better with it then with a keyboard+mouse. You never have to deal with not knowing which buttons to press, that's pretty straight forward on a controller but on keyboard I sometimes forget and hate looking it up in the controls menu.

Well I mean in games like this I aim better with it, in multiplayer shooters like BF3 I'd prefer keyboard+mouse ofcourse since timing is so essential. But if I'm playing an SP game and you have the option to use a 360 controller, I always do.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote