Old 06-30-2012   #1
ShiinChan

ShiinChan is on a distinguished roadShiinChan is on a distinguished roadShiinChan is on a distinguished road
NEED HELP! NYC MEGA CAR PACK!

Alright, so i installed the mod into a fresh file, that was backed up.

I installed all the files where they go, i put the traffic load.ini and trafficload.asi in the main front folder, the one that has "launchgtaIV"

Did i do that wrong? Maybe i need an ASI loader? but i cant find an ASI loader..

Anyways ... I load the game, and it loads the pack works... but all their is in the starting area (starting a new game) is BMW 740i and taxi's, there is no car diversity....

Anyone who knows who to mod, or has used this pack. Can you help me? because the creator of the mod doesnt understand what "install directions" means, and pretty much added none.

Please help.
ShiinChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
trafficload.ini and trafficload.asi have to be placed in the 'scripts' folder, if it doesn't exist yet you have to create it yourself (in the main folder).

For an asiloader google dsound.dll or xliveless.dll (which disables the games for windows live interface, if you like to keep that use dsound.dll)

I have to warn you though, trafficload is only meant for high performance computers. If you notice that your game is really slow and buildings/objects load very late then you should probably remove it.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012   #3
ShiinChan

ShiinChan is on a distinguished roadShiinChan is on a distinguished roadShiinChan is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Killerfist666;2255432]trafficload.ini and trafficload.asi have to be placed in the 'scripts' folder, if it doesn't exist yet you have to create it yourself (in the main folder).

-snip-

Alright, i did that and still only 1 car, and taxi cars spawn coming out, if i drive around, the car changes but its still just 1 type of car. So here is what i did.

I made the scripts folder, i even tried naming it script, in the gtaIV main folder, along side the activation, common, etc folders, where launchgtaIV is at. I have tried with DSOUND.dll in and out of the scripts folder, along with the other files it said to add.

I have the cars working, i see the cars, the names, the sounds.... i just can not get traffic load working for some reason now....

Can you help me out with better instructions?

Last edited by ShiinChan; 06-30-2012 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Old 07-01-2012   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
One thing you can do is installing simple native trainer:

http://www.gta4-mods.com/script/simp...rsion-64-f2115

It's a trainer that pretty much allows you to use all the scripted functions in the game, like spawn cars, change playermodel, teleport etc. This way you can atleast try if all the cars are working properly. Ingame use F3 to bring up the menu, and numpad to browse through it. Go to carspawning and try out a few cars.

Make sure dsound.dll is in your main folder, along with scripthook (also comes with the simple native trainer in case you haven't got it yet). The trafficload should be in 'scripts' like I said, the trainer on the other hand needs to be placed in the main folder (just follow the instructions in the readme).

There are other taxi-bug fixes out there if trafficload doesn't do the trick for you, just google taxi-bug fix gta 4. But to be honest I've given up on those fixes because they either don't do anything or at all or they just slow down your PC alot (and gta 4 already slows down your pc on its own ).

I'd recommend trying a few of those fixes to see if it works for you, if it doesn't you can always think about removing the car pack and just instaling a few seperate cars. There are some light-weight car packs out there too which claim to have fixed the taxi bug.

Here's another taxibug-fix you can try: http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/chikam...traffic-f14716

Last edited by Killerfist; 07-01-2012 at 05:29 AM..
Old 07-01-2012   #5
ShiinChan

Thanks, but i have a new post up, i tried another car pack, and the game wont run at all now.

Im so pissed... i do everything the way you guys say and it does not work at all...

Im so close to being pissed.

Alright, i added it again. i used trainer, all cars load properly ( the handling is total crap though)

So does traffic load take a minute to start working? Cus i noticed that after a few minutes a few more diff cars started spawning, does having traffic density at 90 hurt?

Last edited by ShiinChan; 07-02-2012 at 12:23 AM..
Old 07-02-2012   #6
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiinChan View Post

So does traffic load take a minute to start working? Cus i noticed that after a few minutes a few more diff cars started spawning, does having traffic density at 90 hurt?
Yes that's too much, most of those mods barely work at a traffic density of 20 so I wouldn't put it any higher than that. If you keep hitting that 'brick wall' you can also consider just keeping the default vehicles, I know it's a shame not having all those cool cars but your game will run alot smoother.

Just try out a few different car packs (also those light-weight types) and keep that in mind
Old 07-02-2012   #7
ShiinChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist666 View Post
Yes that's too much, most of those mods barely work at a traffic density of 20 so I wouldn't put it any higher than that. If you keep hitting that 'brick wall' you can also consider just keeping the default vehicles, I know it's a shame not having all those cool cars but your game will run alot smoother.

Just try out a few different car packs (also those light-weight types) and keep that in mind

Alright, what im trying now, is im going through and going to add the cars that I want, im not doing a car pack...

Im going to add them 1 by 1. Long process i know, But i did this for the Iroc z at first and it worked... So ya.

I feel that this way, i will have full control of all the handling.dat and all those, and KNOW for a fact its done right ya know?

My questions now is. this.

Will i get the taxi bug, if i do this one by one.. ?

EDIT UPDATE:

The taxi bug still happens, i was fine driving around with the basic cars, but once the SLS amg loaded in and i found it naturally and drove it. The bug started to happen, Im going to test something, The handling and speed of the cars is fine for me, i just want looks. So im going to change JUST the Vehicle.img file, leaving the colors, handing and vehicle.ide file alone.. Maybe this will give me the visuals i want?

Who knows, if it works right proper, i may release a pack, with authers permissions of course.

Last edited by ShiinChan; 07-03-2012 at 04:43 AM..
Old 07-03-2012   #8
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Well I get a taxi bug even if I install one custom car, doesn't matter how big or how small. I rarely adjust those carcols and handling files, but I'm personally sick of messing with car mods that why I just don't download them anymore.

It's a shame though since there are so many great authors with great cars
Old 07-03-2012   #9
ShiinChan

Quote:
Well I get a taxi bug even if I install one custom car, doesn't matter how big or how small. I rarely adjust those carcols and handling files, but I'm personally sick of messing with car mods that why I just don't download them anymore.

It's a shame though since there are so many great authors with great cars

Ya, all but 2 of the "super class" cars, i used smokey8808's hes prolly my favorite, along with wwtt, I really loved wwtt's SLS, And the 2013 Dodge viper smokey did was amazing, Along with his AMG black edition.

TO bad too, because i had an epic epic epic list to mod into a pack.

I am starting to think Rockstar made this bug on purpose.

Hopefully GTA 5 will be more modd friendly
Old 07-03-2012   #10
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Quote:
Hopefully GTA 5 will be more modd friendly
Amen to that
Old 07-03-2012   #11
ShiinChan

Quote:
Amen to that

I looked at a video of it, i like how hte people and surroundings are 10x better then gta IV, but then a car shows up, and they ALMOST, seem a step back towards San Andreas, you would think they would be able to make the cars look better, since the community can ya know?
Old 07-04-2012   #12
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Well I didn't think they looked that bad really, don't forget it's probably a xbox360/ps3 trailer and will look alot better on PC.

But I don't know, one hand it's pretty cool that rockstar designs their own cars for gta but on the other it would be cool if they'd just add real vehicles like Forza Motorsport always does.

It's free advertisement for car dealers so it shouldn't cost them any money to use them
Old 07-04-2012   #13
ShiinChan

Quote:
Well I didn't think they looked that bad really, don't forget it's probably a xbox360/ps3 trailer and will look alot better on PC.

But I don't know, one hand it's pretty cool that rockstar designs their own cars for gta but on the other it would be cool if they'd just add real vehicles like Forza Motorsport always does.

It's free advertisement for car dealers so it shouldn't cost them any money to use them

Actually it cost a HUGE amount, I actually read into this, did a project on it. They have to by licensing agreements, which for some companies, could be 5 digit ... maybe ever low 6 digit figures...

But ya, i wish they would make the real cars, or at least make 5 very very moddable, with mod support so if there are bugs like the taxi bug, you can email rockstar and they can help fix.
Old 07-06-2012   #14
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Quote:
Actually it cost a HUGE amount, I actually read into this, did a project on it. They have to by licensing agreements, which for some companies, could be 5 digit ... maybe ever low 6 digit figures...
That's just ridiculous, it's like free advertisement so they should rather be paying and begging Rockstar to incorperate their vehicles in the game.