Old 07-01-2012   #1
xromania™

xromania™ is on a distinguished roadxromania™ is on a distinguished roadxromania™ is on a distinguished road
important questions

Hello all... as a noob i have few questions:

1. shooting in head is better than in body? what other tricks like this should i know?

2. when u use the launcher agaisnt a car, the guy from car die instantly?

3. i saw on youtube some funny gta 4 stuffs made with mods. Mods offline are ok or they can broke my game instalation?

4. There are many hackers in game? how we recognize them and why here isnt, like in other games servers, stuff agaisnt hacks?

5. u guys all get disconected when u minimise the game because low frame rate? but why in other games that didnt hapen, what is wrong with gta? is a trick to avoid disconect?

6. Ppl asked me to stop the music and i used boxes volume to bring volume to 0. Why after that they still can hear my music and stuff from my microphone? my microphone is in my webcamera.
xromania™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012   #2
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
1. Yes. You can actually shoot body parts and cripple opponents. So if someone running away from you is a target, try aiming at his legs.

2. Not necessarily, if it's a direct hit then I can't imagine a scenario where the car wouldn't explode instantly. A splash hit (from the explosion) would probably severely damage the car and possibly set it on fire. A good chance the guy would die regardless depending on how good a shot you are.

3. Mods can brake your game if installed incorrectly. Always have a backup, there are plenty of tutorials on this forum and other websites like GTAForums that can explain to you the proper procedure to installing whatever mod you want. Most of the time mods also have installation instructions along side them.

4. Yes there are hackers. You can recognize them by using common sense (Instant movement - teleportation, infinite ammo, infinite health, etc..). There is anti-cheating, but like any game it cannot protect against new or more advanced cheating methods. This is a common problem with every single multiplayer game is in existence. The best anti-cheating method is to have a competent server admin.

5. I don't know about this one. You mean getting disconnected during multiplayer? Might be a ping problem, or the game just doesn't like being minimized during operation. If it doesn't disconnect when you don't minimize, don't do that.

6. You have voice chat enabled and set to communicate automatically when the voice volume is of a sufficient level. That's the most likely reason. Try checking your voice settings in GTAIV or check outside the game if the Microphone is constantly transmitting. The best way to use a microphone is to have a special key set, when you press the key you can talk and people will hear you. When it's not pressed you won't be talking to anybody by accident.
Old 07-01-2012   #3
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
One addition to what Xan said

When installing mods you'll end up on different multiplayer servers (modded servers) most players on these servers have simple native trainer which allows them to use godmode etc. If you don't like that make sure your game is unmodded when you go into multiplayer. You can still install mods but just make a back-up you can place back each time you want to play multiplayer (and a back-up of your modded game to place back once you want to mess around with mods again).

As for installing mods just read the post I made here:

http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133513

If you like to play multiplayer with mods, make sure you haven't got any with heavy adjustments to the game or you'll get an error after a few minutes playing.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012   #4
xromania™

xromania™ is on a distinguished roadxromania™ is on a distinguished roadxromania™ is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys. So about question 5?

What mean a backup, to copy the entire game? are lots GB
Old 07-02-2012   #5
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
You could just make a copy of the files you modify. It would be smart to also backup your savegame depending on what kind of mods you might try. Killerfist666 would probably know more on that subject than me
Old 07-02-2012   #6
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Savegame backup is not necessary

But yes you have to backup your entire game, well it's best to. I started out only backing up the files I replaced but at a certain point you either lose track or think you have a certain file backed up when you don't.

It's indeed alot of GB so if you really can't miss the hard-drive space, back-up the files you replace but really keep track of the files or else you'll have to reinstall your game sooner or later (if you want to get rid of a certain file, or if you've done something wrong that causes your game to crash).
Old 07-02-2012   #7
xromania™

i wont use any mods i think, i heard are more players online in normal server than in servers from mods. So i dont really need a backup, right?

but question 6?
and is a trick to avoid disconect when minimise the game?
Old 07-02-2012   #8
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

If you don't use mods at all then you won't need a backup indeed

Keep in mind that even graphic enhancement mods are really detected as mods and will still put you on a modded server. Have you got just gta 4 or EFLC? If you have EFLC you can just keep EFLC clean and use gta 4 to install mods. Then you can play multiplayer on either tbogt or tlad, and play modded single player on gta 4
Old 07-04-2012   #9
xromania™

thanks but wont use mods i think

about sound options - ppl asked me to stop the music and i used boxes volume to bring volume to 0. Why after that they still can hear my music and stuff from my microphone? my microphone is in my webcamera
Old 07-04-2012   #10
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
6. You have voice chat enabled and set to communicate automatically when the voice volume is of a sufficient level. That's the most likely reason. Try checking your voice settings in GTAIV or check outside the game if the Microphone is constantly transmitting. The best way to use a microphone is to have a special key set, when you press the key you can talk and people will hear you. When it's not pressed you won't be talking to anybody by accident.