Old 07-01-2012   #1
shmimbadad

shmimbadad is on a distinguished roadshmimbadad is on a distinguished roadshmimbadad is on a distinguished roadshmimbadad is on a distinguished road
Editing the vehicle.ide file...?

Question: I've got some new car mods that are named as to be added rather than replaced. Example; a Lambo Gallardo. The .wtd and .wft files are named lp570. I'm replacing the infernus, so I renamed those to infernus, and replaced with sparkIV. The handling line included in the readme started with lp570, but I just copied the numbers and put them in the infernus line. But.. the vehicle.ide line included with the readme has the lp570 name. Can I just copy/paste that over the infernus line, or should I replace all of the occurrences of "lp570" in the modded line with "infernus", then put that in there?

I know I must be doing something wrong, because I've tried just adding the vehicle.ide lines, and most of the time it makes my game crash when I spawn the car in question. So, I've just been not bothering with the vehicle.ide file, and just replacing the models and handling lines.
shmimbadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012   #2
Spidereon

Spidereon is on a distinguished roadSpidereon is on a distinguished roadSpidereon is on a distinguished roadSpidereon is on a distinguished road
Didn't know my cars were that confusing to install. Anyways, yes you should replace lp570 with infernus and just watch for the capital lettered parts since it's case-sensitive.
Spidereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012   #3
shmimbadad

shmimbadad is on a distinguished roadshmimbadad is on a distinguished roadshmimbadad is on a distinguished roadshmimbadad is on a distinguished road
excellent. Thank you. All I needed to know.
shmimbadad is offline   Reply With Quote