Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2012   #31
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
New York Minute is a mode where you replay a level with one-minute on the clock and have to finish it before said clock runs out. Killing enemies grants you more seconds and so on so the faster you can run through a level the better you will do. The first level for example, gives you a bronze medal if you beat it with 45 seconds left and a gold medal if you beat it with 1:30 seconds left.

It's pretty damn difficult.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012   #32
Sasha

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold
Well if I recall on mp one the new York minute is how fast you can finish each chapter. A new York minute actually means "a split second".
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012   #33
tool
Obsessed with GTA 5

tool will become famous soon enoughtool will become famous soon enoughtool will become famous soon enoughtool will become famous soon enoughtool will become famous soon enoughtool will become famous soon enough
the game is AWESOME but i have one problem. i finished the 10th chapter and my brother wanted to play the game from the start, so he did and now i cant continue my game from 11th. chapter select does not help either. it only let's you play one chapter but does not continue to the next one. so i guess i'm fucked?
tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012   #34
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Currently playing through the game on Old School, on Chapter V, only died twice so far, expect to die many more times, especially in the later chapters. Luckily it is only a medium difficulty, and the checkpoints really dumb it down to where anyone with enough patience could play through it, probably even on the hardest difficulty.

To hell with Hardcore. Maybe at a much, much later date.

I first played through the game on Easy, so I could get all the collectibles, and absorb the story without really putting much effort into it, that and I haven't played much of anything lately, so it was a good warmup to get started. Even though, I still died a lot.

Then played through on Hard, died 10 - 15 times throughout the whole thing.

Hardest part of the game was (kind of spoils ending):

The top of that hotel when it collapsed at the end of Chapter 12, was practically all my deaths, hardest I've raged in a game in a very long time. The end of the game in the airport against Becker, all those fucking guys and grenades, did it my 2nd try.

I have a couple minor knit-picks about this game, and several non-mentionable, blatant knit-picks.

1. Checkpoint barriers. This pissed me off pretty good in a couple spots. You go through a door or gate, and then, BOOM an invisible wizard placed a seal spell on it. I can understand certain points keeping you from going back, but sometimes, it is just flat out retarded, like when it isn't a loading zone. I died several, several times because I went to go back to take cover and the passage wouldn't open. Especially when I was going back for golden guns/clues/painkillers I might have missed. But, when I found out you could choose exactly which checkpoint you wanted to start at when you finished the game, this kind of quenched that quarrel, didn't really help in the middle of a playthrough though.

2. Cutscenes. Fucking cutscenes. When you first play through you want to bury yourself in them. However, when you are playing through again, or going for collectibles, they are extremely annoying when you just want to do what you want to do.

3. Loading times. Well, really cutscenes too, STILL LOADING STILL LOADING STILL LOADING. I watch some streams of people who installed the game (I currently don't have a hard drive TO install to), and it still took about the same time to load to even skip the damn things, and by the time you can, you've already watched the whole goddamn thing! What the fuck?! I've only played it on 360, are the loading times that bad on the PS3 version? I mean, I know MGS4 is pretty old now, but even then you had the option to skip the damn cutscenes. What exactly is the game loading that takes so long?
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012   #35
mattt
(&) Delinquents
Addicted Member

mattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant future
pretty bored with this game tbh

doesnt feel like max payne at all, and the story is really uninteresting
Old 06-06-2012   #36
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...93-Max-Payne-3

Zeropunctuation review.
Old 06-06-2012   #37
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not sure that's a viable review, he hates everything that isn't Prince of Persia 1 or Silent Hill 2
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012   #38
Zero
Veteran Member

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
I still haven't played Max Payne 3 yet. But I don't have to to agree with this.

Here's his Max Payne 3 first impressions video.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012   #39
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
To me, any major complaints about the game, cutscenes isn't one of them. :/

There is ONE place I agree with that though, there's a point in the story when the game cuts to a cutscene when Max jumps off a Balcony onto a Window Cleaners cart and then takes that to the roof. There's a similar "puzzle" like that in Max Payne 2 where you have to do it yourself. That's the only area I really thought "Well, I could have done that".

After playing through the game and going over certain chapters again, my favorite part of this game has to be the Panama event, that's like the crossing point, Max is still like his New York self but by the end of that chapter is when he realises things are a lot worse than New York/New Jersey, plus gameplay wise it's awesome during that whole chapter, even including a little Easter Egg if you decide to shoot something outside the ordinary.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012   #40
JiggyTurtle

JiggyTurtle will become famous soon enoughJiggyTurtle will become famous soon enoughJiggyTurtle will become famous soon enoughJiggyTurtle will become famous soon enoughJiggyTurtle will become famous soon enoughJiggyTurtle will become famous soon enough
Seeing how the cutscenes were the loading screens, I have to say R* went the smarter route, giving us interesting story instead of a hundred black screens every few minutes. One cannot have the gameplay and physics of Max Payne 3 without loading screens. There's a reason the game is 15.1/35.0 GB (Xbox/PC).

This guy's rant is stupid. Fine, you don't like cutscenes. Get over it.
JiggyTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012   #41
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
I loved those cut-scenes, to hear max payne rant in his usual dark voice. I enjoyed listening to that guy, great voice acting (like always). I also like how they've made the whole comic-book storytelling more modern so to speak.

The transitions from cut-scenes to story was also really compelling and made you pay attention during the scenes because shit might go down any second.

The gameplay itself was just plain awesome, the shooting, the slomotion dropping of your last victim, the gunsounds.. everything.

I agree with Ash, panama was really cool.. the confined spaces with a magnum in both hands hehe . The only thing bugging me is the replay value, you can replay it once or twice but then you're basically done with the game. How funny those cutscenes may be, three times is enough, I've played the game for a week and now I'm back to gta 4 again. I hope gta 5 will have some elements from RDR and MP3, combined with stuff from gta 4 that will make one awesome game.

But I trust Rockstar to the fullest, they've never disappointed me
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012   #42
Gui
meh...

Gui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura about
I don't mind the long, unskippable cutscenes during the story mode but it's counterproductive when i'm playing the arcade modes and replay a chapter multiple times to go for better scores and i'm forced to watch the same cutscenes over and over again.

With that said, i would prefer a longer loading time before every chapter instead of the method R* used in MP3.
Old 06-19-2012   #43
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gui View Post
I don't mind the long, unskippable cutscenes during the story mode but it's counterproductive when i'm playing the arcade modes and replay a chapter multiple times to go for better scores and i'm forced to watch the same cutscenes over and over again.

With that said, i would prefer a longer loading time before every chapter instead of the method R* used in MP3.
Yeah that's true, I didn't like that either in the arcade mode. The usage of cutscenes als loading-screen is quite handy while you're playing the story for the first time , but get's quite anoing when you just want to play the mission since you've already seen the cut-scene three times.
Old 06-19-2012   #44
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyTurtle View Post
Seeing how the cutscenes were the loading screens, I have to say R* went the smarter route, giving us interesting story instead of a hundred black screens every few minutes. One cannot have the gameplay and physics of Max Payne 3 without loading screens. There's a reason the game is 15.1/35.0 GB (Xbox/PC).

This guy's rant is stupid. Fine, you don't like cutscenes. Get over it.
Rockstar intentionally extended the "LOADING" screens to fit the cutscenes in. There is no way this game should take almost two minutes to load on a SSD. Something tells me 500MB/s read and 10k IOPS isn't required to load a single level in Max Payne 3, so I find it funny how you can't skip it because the "LOADING" process rarely finishes.
Old 06-19-2012   #45
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
Rockstar intentionally extended the "LOADING" screens to fit the cutscenes in. There is no way this game should take almost two minutes to load on a SSD. Something tells me 500MB/s read and 10k IOPS isn't required to load a single level in Max Payne 3, so I find it funny how you can't skip it because the "LOADING" process rarely finishes.
Yes but normal loading screens are only an image, I can imagine loading takes longer when you're trying to make the cutscene play smooth as well. Everything runs very smoothly, also the transition to gameplay, maybe they needed a longer loading time to make it like that.