Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2011   #1
bjones72751
Newbie Member

bjones72751 is an unknown quantity at this point
New to Modding.... PLZ HELP!!!

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but somethings not working out for me very well. I bought the game, installed it, patched it to 1.0.2.0 (b/c that's what more of the tools seemed to be for). Then I downloaded magic patcher, sparkIV, ASI loader + ScriptHook 0.5.0. I put the filelist.pac from magicpatcher in pc/data, copied all files in avi+scripthook into the root folder, then copied the files from simple trainer v6.2 into the root folder. When I do that the game crashes at startup. What am I doing wrong. I restored everything back to the way it came, so I just need to know what to do to get these mods to work. I downloaded the simple trainer mod and the first person mod. Other than that I'll just wanna do vehicle mods. Please help me figure this out. Thanks in advance. I attached a screenshot of the error message.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (31.4 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by bjones72751; 01-17-2011 at 01:16 AM..
bjones72751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011   #2
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
I really suggest using the latest patch. Download 1.0.7.0, you don't want to have to deal with all that outdated stuff. You don't even need to run the Magic Patcher and all that on 1.0.7.0
rappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011   #3
Cleptik
Newbie Member

Cleptik is an unknown quantity at this point
Help

Im having a simular issue. All the "mod patches" like magic ect causehe game to not load. It attempts to, the black "DOS style" box pops up then goes away and wont load the game. I tried running the 1.0.6 and 1.0.7 patch after doing a freash install and all that did was cause the game to not try to load up at all. The social club sign in pops up, and it d(esnt matter if I sign in or not after I hit "play" nothing happens. Not even the black dos box.
Cleptik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011   #4
2TimesACharm

2TimesACharm is on a distinguished road2TimesACharm is on a distinguished road2TimesACharm is on a distinguished road2TimesACharm is on a distinguished road2TimesACharm is on a distinguished road
dsound.dll was a killer when I started modding my installation. I eventually got a dsound.dll with VisualIV or ENB.

First of all, patch to whatever version patch you want (I patch to 1.0.7.0 because I have little problems with car mods and other mods whereas I had nothing BUT problems before 1.0.7.0) and then copy THE ENTIRE Rockstar Games folder from C:\Program Files on your computer - to another location. That way, when something screws up your installation, you delete all the contents of the Rockstar Games folder, paste in the old data, and whalla...up and running in a few minutes.

I haven't a fool-proof way to mod, but rest assured, any modding will require "tweaking." It's well worth it. Best way to do it, once you get GTAIV working properly (I don't use EFLC or TLAD because I couldn't get ALL the mods working as of 6 months ago), install the mods one-by-one and ensure you can play for like an hour before you install the next mod.

I use the XLiveless Patch FIRST and FOREMOST. Now that I recall, nothing worked properly until I "played offline" using XLiveless. Note: No online after Xliveless.
2TimesACharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011   #5
Cleptik
Newbie Member

Ill try that. The last time I copied the entire gtaiv folder it caused the game not to run as well. So we shall see.
Old 01-17-2011   #6
2TimesACharm

2TimesACharm is on a distinguished road2TimesACharm is on a distinguished road2TimesACharm is on a distinguished road2TimesACharm is on a distinguished road2TimesACharm is on a distinguished road
Once all the .dll file registrations and registry entries have gone into the operating system the game's files (c:\program files\rockstar games\grand theft auto iv\ ) all run out of that directory. As long as you copy the entire directory, and delete all files before copying the copied files back, it will run exactly like it did "when you created the copy." The only exception is when you patch (automated .exe installers) or when a mod comes with an executable file - because it's almost never clear if the installer creates registry entries or if it just patches the game files.

If your installation shit the bed, I would uninstall everything and then reinstall the whole game. Create your backup (copy all the files) and THEN start modding. Otherwise, you'll never know if a mod screwed things up or if GTAIV was screwed before you started modding.

As you begin installing mods and find that you are sure they work, create another copy of the directory and decide whether you want the original copy (now 2 copies of the directory: one modded - one not). It's alot of space in total, 45GB's @ three directories but if you really want the good shit, cars, graphic mods etc. then it's the best way to keep the headaches away.

Here's a video using DKTronics70's Road Textures and RealityIV 1.61 + ENB + RealizmIV:

The difference in visuals is HUGE! It's like a whole new game - modding is where it's at.

PS: Read the readme.txt files in the mods. Some are very helpful and very thorough. Others, well, not so much.

Last edited by 2TimesACharm; 01-17-2011 at 03:30 PM..
Old 01-17-2011   #7
Cleptik
Newbie Member

So I tried XLiveless with the 1.0.7 patch and the game ran. It also gave me the ability to play EFLC if I chose, idk why it did that. I couldnt find a good installation guide anywhere that said whick "xlive" file should be put into the main folder. So I chose to only put "xlive.dll" in and left "xlive_d.dll" out. Idk which or if both need to be in the main folder to work or not. BUT then I used "SparkIV 6.9" to insert a BMW 550i instead of romans taxi(rom.wtd/wft) yes I changed the bmw files to match the original "rom.wtd/wft" files. I then started the game and the only thing that changed was the interior of the car was texturless and pure white. I wish some one would just tell us from start to finish exactly what programs we need and what to do to be able to mod the game. I used mod my gtasa all the time with no issues what so ever and id really like to be able to mod this. Another issue I noticed with xliveless is that it does not make the game modable. I attempted to mod the handling.dat file and still cant along with the above mentioned sparkiv bmw not working.

What exactly do we need? Program list and guide please.

BTW im running it on a custom built gaming machine
Windows XP 32bit
WesternDigital 10000RPM Raptor Harddrive
Foxconn Motherboard
2.4Ghz DuoCore Processor
Nvidia Gforce 9500GT Graphics Card
Lite-on SHW-165s Dvdrw drive

Ok idk wtf is wrong with xliveless but it needs to be fixed. It wouldnt let me run my game so I deleted the "xlive.dll" file from the main folder and copied it back in from my Xliveless folder. The game started AND loaded my car mod on the esperanto. So I exited the game to edit the handling.dat file. Then once that was done I went to play the game again and once again the game would not boot up. So this time I attepmted to delete the xlive file again and it would let me and wouldnt let me replace it. THEN it wouldnt let my PC restart or shut down. Idkwtf is goin on.

Last edited by Cleptik; 01-17-2011 at 07:11 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Old 01-17-2011   #8
2TimesACharm

I was in exactly your spot a year ago. I can try to work on something when I get time but, I have two kids, one on the way, plus a small business and I'm looking for salaried work at the moment - pretty tight on the time thing.

Maybe someone else with more time can chime in - in the meantime.

By the way, if you want happy, un-problematic modding and gaming in GTA IV, don't install EFLC or TBOGT or TLAD. I run vanilla IV with the mods simply because I wasn't able to get EFLC working with mods.

Last edited by 2TimesACharm; 01-17-2011 at 10:36 PM..
Old 01-17-2011   #9
bjones72751
Newbie Member

bjones72751 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok, well. I have a fresh install with 1.0.7.0 patch. I want to install a trainer (don't really care which, as long as theres god mode and infinite ammo) and the first person mod. Can someone PLEASE help me with detailed, step by step guidance on how to do this. That's really all I wanna do.

If need be, I can reinstall and patch to whatever version I need to install these mods. I just wan't these damn things to work already. It's kinda the whole reason I bought the game, lol.
bjones72751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011   #10
2TimesACharm

GTA IV Patched to 1.0.7.0 / No TLAD, TBOGT, EFLC

XLiveless 999b7
GTA IV C++ Script Hook v0.5.0 & 0.5.1 by Aru
ENB Download
RealizmIV 6.2
More Info re: RealizmIV and The official RealizmIV website (Register for the massive texture downloads?)
Simple Native Trainer
1. Install the Xliveless files
At least with the above list you will have a confirmed list of files that are working together.

Last edited by 2TimesACharm; 01-18-2011 at 12:04 AM..
Old 05-25-2012   #11
sk8rboy321
Newbie Member

sk8rboy321 is an unknown quantity at this point
any way i can get someone to give me a set of step by step instructions(what to download and exactly where to put it) for modding gta eflc. I am very new at this and i got the game thinking it would be easy but it turns out its not as easy as it looks.
sk8rboy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012   #12
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132774
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote