Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2012   #211
gtaperson

gtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebreaker202 View Post
My wishlist is a new trailer, release date and real or fake info, cause I like reading it. hehe.
I think we can all agree on that. The trailer came out last November and it is now May. WTF.
gtaperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012   #212
THB

THB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enough
Malls with loads of working shops/restaurants/cinemas/pubs/nightclubs and where you could drive in it with a car or bike =)
Also to able to get drunk in multiplayer just for shits and giggles.
THB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012   #213
Khordi
Khordi
Newbie Member

Khordi is an unknown quantity at this point
I would love to just have an enviroment in which your able to loads of things with even little things like actually pick locking a car! From what I have seen from the trailer it looks ace I loved the convertable car and its roof folding back into the trunk that was awesome I seriously cant wait for the next trailer
Old 05-26-2012   #214
Bigbeats23

Bigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enough
I would love to see Max Payne's shoot-dodge as a game mechanic you can level up to or as a cheat in GTA V.

Shoot-dodging off the higher places in MP3, like the helipad in chapter 2, made me think about how much fun it could be in a huge open world.
Bigbeats23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012   #215
Russ
Dats da fact jack!
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
More and more I get the feeling that Rockstar just put out that trailer to keep GTA fans happy for another year or so. Honestly the silence about this game is telling to the overall completion of development.. No follow up trailer? This is absurd now.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012   #216
stanko

stanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
More and more I get the feeling that Rockstar just put out that trailer to keep GTA fans happy for another year or so. Honestly the silence about this game is telling to the overall completion of development.. No follow up trailer? This is absurd now.
Yes, it's becoming absurd.
stanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012   #217
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
While I don't doubt this is true, I'm pretty sure it had something to do with Take-2 shareholders as opposed to us fans. They were never going to release any more information before Max Payne 3 came out anyway so I don't particularly think the silence is unwarranted.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012   #218
Russ
Dats da fact jack!
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
While I don't doubt this is true, I'm pretty sure it had something to do with Take-2 shareholders as opposed to us fans. They were never going to release any more information before Max Payne 3 came out anyway so I don't particularly think the silence is unwarranted.
Oh absolutely. I understand hedging their bets to maximize a profit margin. Let's be honest though. The fans who bought MP3 were going to buy no matter what and another trailer or a more in depth article on V wouldn't affect the bottom line that much would it? As far as catering to the fans, I wouldn't expect them to give anything more than an outstanding product. I'm sure there's more going on behind the magician's cutain then we're led on to believe.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012   #219
Bigbeats23

Bigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Oh absolutely. I understand hedging their bets to maximize a profit margin. Let's be honest though. The fans who bought MP3 were going to buy no matter what and another trailer or a more in depth article on V wouldn't affect the bottom line that much would it? As far as catering to the fans, I wouldn't expect them to give anything more than an outstanding product. I'm sure there's more going on behind the magician's cutain then we're led on to believe.
This has had me scratching my head since the very beginning of the year.

The only thing I can come up with is maybe the release of the trailer was more for Max Payne 3 than GTA V. I think they were possibly going after some GTA fans who weren't planning on purchasing MP3. I don't even know if this would work, but I seriously can't think of another reason.

It was very odd how they did marketing for both games. Rockstar didn't start marketing MP3 until right after the GTA V debut trailer. They showed that little bit of GTA V, and then it was basically silence for that game, and then on to the Design & Tech videos and interviews for MP3 every month. It's almost like they used the GTA V trailer as the first bit of marketing for MP3.

The reason why we haven't heard or seen anything else about GTA V is because that type of marketing only works if they stay completely silent about GTA. The marketing isn't for people who were going to get MP3 no matter what. It's for people who showed up for GTA V, but have only been getting MP3 for the last six months. It's like they got people hungry for their favorite food, but then fed them something else that tastes pretty good.

I bet it actually sold more copies of MP3, if for no other reason than the amount of added traffic to Rockstar's site. And just think about what the very last bit of GTA V information was. "Form crews in Max Payne 3 and keep them going in Grand Theft Auto V"
Bigbeats23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012   #220
infiniteammo
Scrubbly grubbly wiggly witchety man!
Newbie Member

infiniteammo is an unknown quantity at this point
Single Player Wishlist

More side quests like the previous games or Chinatown Wars, slinging drugs, building up an empire, taking over territories. Why these things were missing from IV was beyond me. Imagine doing side quests from The Truth where you have to cultivate weed so it can be processed and sold, or it being important for your cartel to have certain buildings and chemicals for distribution, then consider doing the same missions from the side of law enforcement, finding and stamping out those fields The Truth put so much work into, or busting meth labs out in the boonies in Vigilante missions that affects the news and perhaps the over-arcing storyline.

A return of bicycles, I kid you not some of my favorite moments in San Andreas was coming out of a heated police chase, gang battle, or particularly hard mission just to wheel around the beach or country or even inner city on one of the bicycles, it provided a nice change of pace to the "Go! Go! Go!" of the rest of the game, plus it gave you time to slow down and enjoy just how much work was put into the AI and animations the R* team put into creating a living breathing world.

A return to car improvement/modding, custom paintjobs, upgrades, rims, maybe a little something extra like spending some ungodly ammt. of money (Say a million or so) to upgrade it to bulletproof, or lighter and better handling, faster.

A return of Police Motorcycles: HPV-1000 and Wintergreen were my favorite vehicles in Vice City and San Andreas, having them cut to the multiplayer in The Ballad of Gay Tony was a let down.
Police Helicopters with a working spotlight that just kind of locks onto peds or cars the game thinks you might me looking at based on where the camera is would be nice, turn it on/off like you do with high beams.

Multiplayer Wishlist
Max Payne 3 multiplayer style Weapon Upgrades, adding lasers, scopes, replacing internal parts to make it a lighter loadout or silencers to weapons logically able to accept them.

Less modes: One thing I think I noticed from GTAIV was that almost no one wants to rank up playing the other modes, I for one have sat for the better part of twenty minutes waiting for someone, anyone to show up for Cops and Robbers, Red Dead Redemption style Free Mode had it so it was all fairly centralized, and choosing those modes by going into the turf you want to capture and challenging everyone else to take it from you was pretty boss, don't really need to say more about it than that but I really liked the way that was done, with lobby toggles for turf modes perhaps because you know one idiot will sit there and challenge everyone every two minutes for three hours straight. >.>

Better police AI, sorry but the appropriate answer to bumping into a police vehicle isn't three cops with shotguns turning the inside of your car into a fine red mist. D: Then again LCPD is kind of rough... but yeah.
infiniteammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012   #221
jwrebholz
Cola-addled Smartass

jwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura about
If we're gonna have car customization in this game, I want a system like Saints Row--you customize a car, it's yours forever. If it's destroyed, you can pay to get it fixed back up. It's why I never customized any cars in SA until I had a boatload of cash to waste.
jwrebholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012   #222
El_Be@$t!
Newbie Member

El_Be@$t! is an unknown quantity at this point
I want a Fork lift thats works like a real one so i can lift up cars xD
El_Be@$t! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012   #223
THB

THB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enough
Seasons, meaning Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall =)
They had it in Mafia II and it would be awesome with a long epic adventure spawning over several years where the seasons change.

In the winter it cold and loads of snow, people slides and fall, cars slides and crash more often and so on..
In the fall the trees turns yellow/orange, it rains more than during the summer etc.
Old 06-04-2012   #224
JiggyTurtle

JiggyTurtle will become famous soon enoughJiggyTurtle will become famous soon enoughJiggyTurtle will become famous soon enoughJiggyTurtle will become famous soon enoughJiggyTurtle will become famous soon enoughJiggyTurtle will become famous soon enough
It doesn't snow in LA...
JiggyTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012   #225
THB

There are surrounding hills and such...
And this could be in GTA VI.