Old 04-16-2012   #16
Extremer
Addicted Member

Extremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to all
I had like 7 patches. Funny how installing a patch takes longer than downloading it. Ah the joys of fast internet.
Old 04-17-2012   #17
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Ahem third world country.

Juggernauts are still bitches. Also I found out how to use my Pack yesterday by accident. So fast.
Old 05-19-2012   #18
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
If you guys want good experience for unlocks, play Capture and Hold. Most experience I've gotten so far

And this is what it feels like playing rank 20+ guys. Like playing a bunch of rabbits on cocaine

Old 06-27-2012   #19
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
It's on Steam now:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/17080/
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012   #20
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, but unfortunately the game is still going to be dying a slow death.
Old 06-27-2012   #21
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
Yeah, but unfortunately the game is still going to be dying a slow death.
Why do you say that?
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012   #22
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Why do you say that?
General consensus among veteran players is:
  • HiRez is abandoning development. Bug fixes are getting rarer, even a few outstanding issues from the closed beta are still present. I know of a invulnerability glitch, but never dare to use it because I love my account. Development is heading towards Smite, the new monetized game from HiRez.
  • When weapon balance regarding auto weapons (smgs, etc) was discussed on the Tribe Council, HiRez basically did nothing. They nerfed auto's for 7% on average which is nothing, and then they introduced even more weapon variants. So basically, balance is a bit screwed.
  • Related to above, a single map for CTF every few months if lucky.
  • No matchmaking based on skill, leading to 5-0 games. Smite in closed beta has FUCKING MATCHMAKING WHAT?
  • No in-depth customization for Custom servers ala Spinfusor only gameplay modes, custom player made map support doesn't exist (money money money) and no custom game modes.
  • Game is a grind fest for some of the most basic unlocks, leads new players to abandon the game in favour of something more casual friendly like TF2. 88k exp for a weapon unlock is a weeks job without any VIP bonuses.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=2Ajs1Jzh - HiRezBart telling his side of the story about half way down starting @[21:56] or [22:05] for specific response.. I can also tell you that half the people talking in that log are actual players, because I can see them in the Amsterdam servers occasionally. CrystaLight for example is nearly maxed rank which takes a FUCKTON of time, the rest of them are 25+ in rank.

From the above it's dead in the water from a eSports perspective and a ton of veteran Tribes series players are abandoning it. It's pretty much stagnating and dead, no future.

Even with all this, it's the best FPS Multiplayer game I've ever had the grace to play. Brings a god damned tear to my eye. And what was cool to see was that most of todays games (I just got a ultra kill, shit was soo sandraker) was that most of the teams were bronzies, new blood. I pray the game doesn't completely die when Planetside 2 is released.

tl;dr

Last edited by Xan; 07-01-2012 at 05:22 AM..
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote