Old 02-29-2012   #1
santiainen
Newbie Member

santiainen is on a distinguished roadsantiainen is on a distinguished roadsantiainen is on a distinguished road
Exclamation 20fps with GTX590 - Help!

Due to getting my new computer, I decided to download GTA IV off steam once again and give it a try. Well, I start it and max it all out and what do I get? 20fps. Then I turned them all to lowest settings, restart my game and it's still 20fps... This hasn't happened to me with any other game I've played yet, and I have no idea what to do to fix this. Help please... Really I should be able to play this maxed, as I should be able to...

GTX590
i7-2600K @4,6GHz
Windows 7 Home Premium

And I don't even know if you need any more information really.
santiainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012   #2
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to GTA IV on PC is all I can really say, it doesn't matter how good your GPU is, it's all CPU, but looking at your CPU, you should be getting more from the game, run a few benchmark tests, remember that Shadows are the biggest drain on this engine, so try turning them off completely, post your txt file here.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012   #3
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
I'd suggest updating first, I don't know if it's correct but I had the idea I could set my settings on way higher when the game was updated.

And this might help : http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/edge-v23-1070-f12861
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #4
Streudings
Newbie Member

Streudings is on a distinguished roadStreudings is on a distinguished roadStreudings is on a distinguished roadStreudings is on a distinguished road
Hallo, ich denke dein Prozessor arbeite nur auf einem Kern. Wenn du ingame bist geh in den Taskmanager (Strg+Shift+ESC) dann suchst du bei Prozesse die GTA4.exe und klickst diese mit der rechten maustaste an. Nun klickst du auf den Reiter "Zugehörigkeit festlegen" und entfernst ein Häckchen deiner vielen CPU's. Das ganze mit OK bestättigen und zurück ins Spiel.

Hatte das selbe Probleme bis ich auf meiner G19 sah das GTA4 nur mit einem Kern werkelte.

Google Translator:
Quote:
Hello, I think your processor is only working on one core. If you're ingame mouse button to go into the Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc), then you are looking at the processes and GTA4.exe clicking it with your right. Now, "set membership" clicking on the tab and removing a tick many of your CPU's. The whole entering OK and return to play.

Had the same problem until I saw GTA4 on my G19, the only tinkering with a core.
btw. My 7970
corevoltage 1187 volt
core clock of 1175 mhz
mem clock 1135 mhz
with a resolution 2560x1600 and everything High i geht around 25~60FPS mostly around 50.

Last edited by Streudings; 03-18-2012 at 08:14 AM..
Streudings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #5
Foruman

Foruman is on a distinguished roadForuman is on a distinguished roadForuman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist666 View Post
I'd suggest updating first, I don't know if it's correct but I had the idea I could set my settings on way higher when the game was updated.

And this might help : http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/edge-v23-1070-f12861
To the OP: If you do update your game, make sure NOT to update to the lastest patch, which is 1.0.7.0, as it is the most unoptimized patch out of all of them. Instead, you should install 1.0.4.0, which gives the best performance and stability overall. No questions asked; 1.0.4.0 beats all of the other updates in terms of performance. Just a simple example of getting 80FPS in 1.0.4.0 vs. 40FPS in 1.0.7.0 should give you a reason why 1.0.4.0 is much better. For more information, read my discussion on this topic here. For instructions on how to install 1.0.4.0 and mod it, read my other discussion on this topic here.

Hope it helps! Happy modding!
Foruman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012   #6
pyestudios26

pyestudios26 is infamous around these partspyestudios26 is infamous around these parts
If your 590 is only at 20fps, trust me it is not your computer it is 1 or both of the following, your internet connection or steam. I personaly HATE steam i prefer the game to be loading of a 3.5gbs connection (SATA).
pyestudios26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012   #7
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyestudios26 View Post
If your 590 is only at 20fps, trust me it is not your computer it is 1 or both of the following, your internet connection or steam. I personaly HATE steam i prefer the game to be loading of a 3.5gbs connection (SATA).
1. The game is on your hard drive. It is not being streamed off their servers.

2. Thus, it doesn't matter if your loading the game via a cracked copy or via steam, you'll still be using the same HDD/SSD to load the same textures and etc.

Unless your using a SSD, you won't be able to maxout that SATA/SATAII interface without using a RAID setup. Which is far in beyond of what GTAIV actually needs.

So, internet connection is ruled out. Steam wise, well better that than RSGC.
Old 03-22-2012   #8
pyestudios26

pyestudios26 is infamous around these partspyestudios26 is infamous around these parts
I am sorry i never used steam, and you are correct. But a dual core gpu should get 30-40fps on averge. Sorry can't spell the greatest
pyestudios26 is offline   Reply With Quote