Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2012   #1
Sanasoke

Sanasoke is on a distinguished roadSanasoke is on a distinguished roadSanasoke is on a distinguished road
Crash after the installation of a new gun !

Hello .

So i installed Gta Iv , i used for the first time SparkIV and the software to edit the files . So i did all that was in the " read me " . i executed the game , no problemes . But the game can't load my save , beacause it's write the name of the mission , they're the annimation on the text ... it's loading , loading , loading and crash . Where is the problem ? I think i respected the details about the installation of the mods :/

thanks .
Sanasoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012   #2
TheOneAndOnly
Mod Maker

TheOneAndOnly is on a distinguished roadTheOneAndOnly is on a distinguished roadTheOneAndOnly is on a distinguished roadTheOneAndOnly is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanasoke View Post
Hello .

So i installed Gta Iv , i used for the first time SparkIV and the software to edit the files . So i did all that was in the " read me " . i executed the game , no problemes . But the game can't load my save , beacause it's write the name of the mission , they're the annimation on the text ... it's loading , loading , loading and crash . Where is the problem ? I think i respected the details about the installation of the mods :/

thanks .
Try re-installing it
Old 03-12-2012   #3
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Can you give a link of the weapon you tried to install?
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #4
Sanasoke

Sanasoke is on a distinguished roadSanasoke is on a distinguished roadSanasoke is on a distinguished road
Hello !

This is the link of the gun !

http://www.gta4-mods.com/weapons/col...ersions-f13054

After downloaded this we have the diffents versions of the gun , with specif coloros etc( wtd extension ) . AndWe have the sound of the gun with a wave file and a file " w_eagle.wdr" .

Quote:
Installation:

--------
textures
--------
- Choose a model (there are also screenshots inside the folders)
- Open up sparkIV or OpenIV and browse, then go to pc/models/cdimages and open up weapons.img
- In spark IV hit import and import the .wtd and .wtr files (w_eagle) then hit save, In openIV enter edit mode,
right click on w_eagle.wtd and click replace (replace it with the .wtd in this file) do the same with the .wtr file

-Note- You can also replace the glock with this pistol, just rename the files to W_glock
-----
Sound
-----
- Navigate to pc/audio/sfx (in sparkIV or OpenIV) open up resident.rpf, click resident and export the
'weapons.ivaud' file
- Open the weapons.ivaud file with gtaivaud 1.1.5 and replace the files 'EAGLE_SHOT1_L' and
'EAGLE_SHOT1_R' (numbers 109 and 110).
- After replacing the two files save the ivaud file (if you don't have a backup, use 'save as' and save it to a
different location)
- Open up your game again in spark or openiv and replace the weapons.ivaud file in the location you got it from

--------
Credits
--------
I converted the model, sound and textures from fallout 3 (20th century weapons mod v5 by einharjar)

Texturing done by core.max2010

Thanks to rumblylwc for his great HD icon

This is the installation from the " read me " . It was the first time i tryed to install a mods in GTA IV . i did a backup of the data file of the game . if i replace the folder who has benn modified with the clean from the installation , it will be correct the crash problem or not ?

Thanks for your help guys , from France !
Sanasoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #5
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Hehe yeah that's one I made together with core.max2010

you need to open up the weapons.img in sparkIV (pc/models/cdimages) and import the .wdr file, then choose one of the versions and import that .wtd

Press save after you've imported them, if you want to see if it works, simply double click w_eagle.wdr (they should also be highlighted in blue before saving, indicating that those files are changed)

But all this is in the readme (I know because I wrote it ) I can't imagine the game crashing on a weapon mod (in general) but definitely not on this one since I tested it repeatedly myself
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote