Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2012   #1
sammydogbro
Newbie Member

sammydogbro is an unknown quantity at this point
Car skin makes GTA IV crash randomly?

Hi!

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I did a quick search on the forum and I think my problem I a one of a kind.

I’ve recently started installing car skins using Spark IV. This causes the game to crash randomly and I get a error saying something about an unrecoverable fault.

Here is the funny thing. I can play for a few minutes before this happens. Also, the game works fine with only one car skin replaced, but when I replace like a dozen cars I get this problem.
Also: I have Icehancer installed. I believe I’m running the 10.40 patch.

I also have the game installed on Steam.

EDIT: I have not replaced the handling numbers on the readmes. I didn’t think I had to do that. Could that be causing the problem?

Last edited by sammydogbro; 02-05-2012 at 07:09 PM..
sammydogbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Did you replace the vehicles as intended? or did you rename some mods to overwright an other car? Not adjusting the handling.dat wouldn't be much of a problem is terms of error (I think) the only issue you could have with not changing those lines is that the car drives funny or flips over or something.

It didn't happen when playing multiplayer right? I replaced a van once by a van that's somewhat longer (with a load space u could actually get into) each time I tried to spawn that vehicle in multiplayer or just play a while in MP it would give me that same error you mentioned.

If not in MP, the problem might be in one of those vehicles, is one of the cars you installed somewhat radical? (in changes)
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #3
sammydogbro
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist666 View Post
Did you replace the vehicles as intended? or did you rename some mods to overwright an other car? Not adjusting the handling.dat wouldn't be much of a problem is terms of error (I think) the only issue you could have with not changing those lines is that the car drives funny or flips over or something.

It didn't happen when playing multiplayer right? I replaced a van once by a van that's somewhat longer (with a load space u could actually get into) each time I tried to spawn that vehicle in multiplayer or just play a while in MP it would give me that same error you mentioned.

If not in MP, the problem might be in one of those vehicles, is one of the cars you installed somewhat radical? (in changes)
I don't play online. I replaced the car skins by open Spark IV, navigating to the vehicle folder, importing the wtf and wtd files with the same name as the car I want to replace (like banshee), and then just click rebuild and save.

The cars get replaced just fine, but after a few minutes of gameplay the game crashes just like I explained. =/
Old 02-06-2012   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
What about asiloader and scripthook? you have the correct versions of those? wrong versions of those files can also cause your game to shutdown
Old 02-06-2012   #5
sammydogbro
Newbie Member

Quote:
What about asiloader and scripthook? you have the correct versions of those? wrong versions of those files can also cause your game to shutdown
To be honest, I don't even know what that is. Are those files or programs I have to download? How do I know if I have the right version, or have them at all?
Old 02-06-2012   #6
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

I'm not exactly sure scripthook is required for only carmods (I'm guessing not but it couldn't hurt) you'll need it in the future anyway

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=392325

Asiloaders are required for .asi files like trainers (carspawner for example) if you ever want to install a mod like that just google asiloader gta iv or dsound.dll (an asiloader)

But if you're looking for a quick solution I'd suggest installing the cars one by one, the problem must lay in one of the cars.. you'll come across the problem eventually
Old 02-06-2012   #7
sammydogbro
Newbie Member

Quote:
I'm not exactly sure scripthook is required for only carmods (I'm guessing not but it couldn't hurt) you'll need it in the future anyway

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=392325

Asiloaders are required for .asi files like trainers (carspawner for example) if you ever want to install a mod like that just google asiloader gta iv or dsound.dll (an asiloader)

But if you're looking for a quick solution I'd suggest installing the cars one by one, the problem must lay in one of the cars.. you'll come across the problem eventually
Thanks! I'll try to get it working using those asi files and scripthook.
Old 02-10-2012   #8
Spidereon

Spidereon is on a distinguished roadSpidereon is on a distinguished roadSpidereon is on a distinguished roadSpidereon is on a distinguished road
Is it by any chance RC20 error? Would you mind taking a screenshot of the error?
Spidereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012   #9
MaloneXI
Newbie Member

MaloneXI is an unknown quantity at this point

Personnaly , I got this error screen after installing a carpack. These ones

http://gtgan.blogspot.com/p/gta-iv-eflc-car-packs.html

With , and without ENB. The itegrated ENB is the 1.25. I wanted to play the 2.0 , so I just downloaded the versions without ENB. And paf , I got this error... 'don't understand...
MaloneXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012   #10
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

As far as I can tell something is wrong with the scripthook file (maybe the wrong version?) my french isn't to good, does it say it can't find 'certain stuff 'in scripthook.dll?

Do you start the game via the launcher btw?
Old 02-28-2012   #11
shmimbadad

shmimbadad is on a distinguished roadshmimbadad is on a distinguished roadshmimbadad is on a distinguished roadshmimbadad is on a distinguished road
I was getting this error as well the other day. The problem was that I installed an EPM car mod. If you don't have the EPM (Extra Parts Moving) mod, then car mods with EPM in the title will make the game crash after a few minutes. check if any of your car mods are EPM. If they are, then either get EPM or don't use those cars.
shmimbadad is offline   Reply With Quote