Old 02-25-2012   #1
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
November 23rd?

Zavvi (a UK online retailer) seem to have taken a stab in the dark with a release date of 23rd November, is it a good guess to think Rockstar will release V at the same time as Call of Duty and many other games are coming out ready for Christmas?

Do you agree with this, expect it sooner, or are we looking at early 2013 being more likely?

I was personally expecting September - October to be their initial plan.
Old 02-25-2012   #2
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
What retailers generally do is make estimations of the release date, as opposed to simply saying TBA, in order to get consumers to choose them. A shopper (or at least an uninformed shopper) will pick the product from Zavvi because it seems more final. This date is a marketing trick and means nothing.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012   #3
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
What retailers generally do is make a estimation of a release date, as opposed to simply saying TBA. A shopper (or at least uninformed shopper) will choose the product from the site that seems more final. This date is a marketing trick and means nothing.
I know it means nothing, like i said, it's just a stab in the dark, I was thinking the same thing as to their reasoning for making it up.
Old 02-25-2012   #4
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
As much as I want it to be real I won't get my hopes up till something is announced. What is the history like for R* announcing a title in the same year as releasing it?
Old 02-26-2012   #5
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
I have a feeling it will be next April/May. They've moved away from the fall for their last few releases: GTA IV, Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire, and now Max Payne 3. I think they are big enough that they don't need to do a holiday release to get the huge sales so they won't try to push it out for then.

Also we just really don't know how close to finished the game is at this point. We were only shown a teaser trailer and really nothing more. I find it doubtful they'll be finished this fall but who knows they could just be keeping us in the dark so they can really hype us up for the couple months leading into release.
Old 02-26-2012   #6
Bigbeats23

Bigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enough
I still believe it will be later this year. Rockstar has probably been working on GTA V ever since GTA IV came out. It just makes such a great year for Take-Two if they release Max Payne 3 and GTA V in 2012. The only problem I could see would be a delay, but the game is probably already finished.

And I also wouldn't be surprised if it releases 12 -21-12.

For all we know, Agent might be coming out next year, and who knows what the other studios are cooking up?
Bigbeats23 is offline   Reply With Quote