Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2012   #1
ConfusedModder
Mr.Bellic

ConfusedModder will become famous soon enoughConfusedModder will become famous soon enoughConfusedModder will become famous soon enoughConfusedModder will become famous soon enoughConfusedModder will become famous soon enoughConfusedModder will become famous soon enough
Possible Change of Graphics Driver (AMD Radeon Mobility 4250)

Hello, and good afternoon.

I have purchased the PC variant of Grand Theft Auto: IV, and while operating the game, the performance as well as my FPS have been undoubtedly pitiful. The culprit of this complication is my severely outdated ATI Radeon HD 4250 graphics driver. Therefore, it is imperative that I upgrade my driver to a viable alternative.

As I wish to have a more powerful and visually-appearing gaming experience with Grand Theft Auto: IV, with more FPS, I seek to know which variant from the Radeon series of graphics drivers will operate feasibly without lags and freezes. I want to ensure that I carry out this process without errors. I am operating on Windows 7 Home Premium laptop, possessing a Althom Dual-Core Processor. All insight and responses would be highly appreciated. This process has proven to be most troublesome, given my severely outdated hardware; as my laptop is manufactured by Sony, my understanding is that they will not permit the use of a graphics driver outside of the AMD family. Thank you very much. Have a nice day.
ConfusedModder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012   #2
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Gee, how about the latest one?

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

If you would have supplied your OS's bit version (32/64) I could have linked you myself.
Old 02-08-2012   #3
ConfusedModder
Mr.Bellic

ConfusedModder will become famous soon enoughConfusedModder will become famous soon enoughConfusedModder will become famous soon enoughConfusedModder will become famous soon enoughConfusedModder will become famous soon enoughConfusedModder will become famous soon enough
Oh, yes; I apologize for to supplying that information. I am running with a 64 bit When I attempt to do this, I am prompted that my hardware is not compatible. Do I need to update my Catalyst version? Thank you.
ConfusedModder is offline   Reply With Quote