Old 02-03-2012   #1
profsim

profsim is an unknown quantity at this point
Mods that increase difficulty

I am already using Arrest Warrant, Bank Account (lose all money on arrest or death), Weapon Weight, & Crash Injury scripts to make the gameplay harder and more like an RPG.
Are there any others you guys can think of that make the game more difficult or better yet more tactics based?
profsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Do you have the updated version of arrest warrant? Angryamoebe released an update version about a month ago or so. I'ts really good

Can't think of any other mods than the ones u already have, you could always adjust the damage of the weapons if you're looking for a challenge. I thnik there are some mods that increase weapon damage.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012   #3
profsim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist666 View Post
Do you have the updated version of arrest warrant? Angryamoebe released an update version about a month ago or so. I'ts really good

Can't think of any other mods than the ones u already have, you could always adjust the damage of the weapons if you're looking for a challenge. I thnik there are some mods that increase weapon damage.
Ya I just downloaded the updated script.
I just found bullet damage euphoria, makes you fall when shot.
Old 02-09-2012   #4
AngryAmoeba
Novice Modder

AngryAmoeba is on a distinguished roadAngryAmoeba is on a distinguished roadAngryAmoeba is on a distinguished road
I'm glad you're using a few of my mods.

How about another? Real Reload makes reloading more tactical. It stops the game from refilling your clip when you switch weapons, and it also makes you lose ammo when you reload with bullets remaining in the clip. So it's a bit more important to reload at the right time.

There's also Cautious Drivers by BR_Goianiense, which makes most NPCs keep their car doors locked while they drive.

And Realistic Driving & Flying makes vehicles handle more like in real life. I use the version with realistic vehicle damage as well, so smashing into a wall at 100mph can kill a car.

Related to that, I recently made another "car crashes hurt you" type of mod (like Crash Injury) for someone who requested a deadlier, more customizable version. I haven't released it, but I'll send you the MediaFire download link if you want it. I didn't want to copy the features in BR_Goianiense's mod (I already copied some of his other mods in Arrest Warrant ), so mine is a bit different. Crashing your car upside down or sideways hurts 5x more, and you can press Left Alt to put on a seatbelt, so you'll take less damage and won't fly through the windshield.
Deadly Wrecks car wrecks hurt, seatbelt helps
Weapon Weight weapons and ammo slow you down
Weapon Storage store weapons & ammo in safehouses
Real Reload more realistic reload model for guns
Hide Radar hide the radar & health bars for HUD-free gameplay

My specs:
Q6600 @ 3.0GHz || 4GB DDR3 1333 RAM || GeForce GTX 570 1.25GB
24" LCD @ 1920x1200 || Windows 7 Professional x64 || GTA4 v1.0.4.0

Last edited by AngryAmoeba; 02-09-2012 at 03:23 PM..
AngryAmoeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #5
profsim

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryAmoeba View Post
I'm glad you're using a few of my mods.

How about another? Real Reload makes reloading more tactical. It stops the game from refilling your clip when you switch weapons, and it also makes you lose ammo when you reload with bullets remaining in the clip. So it's a bit more important to reload at the right time.

There's also Cautious Drivers by BR_Goianiense, which makes most NPCs keep their car doors locked while they drive.

And Realistic Driving & Flying makes vehicles handle more like in real life. I use the version with realistic vehicle damage as well, so smashing into a wall at 100mph can kill a car.

Related to that, I recently made another "car crashes hurt you" type of mod (like Crash Injury) for someone who requested a deadlier, more customizable version. I haven't released it, but I'll send you the MediaFire download link if you want it. I didn't want to copy the features in BR_Goianiense's mod (I already copied some of his other mods in Arrest Warrant ), so mine is a bit different. Crashing your car upside down or sideways hurts 5x more, and you can press Left Alt to put on a seatbelt, so you'll take less damage and won't fly through the windshield.
Hey yeah your work is great. Thanks for the mods.
I am trying real reload right now, good stuff.
I can wait for an official release on the damage mod.
Is there any kind of time scale mod to slow down time? The only one I've seen is 1:1 time scale where a minute in game is a minute IRL. That's too slow for me.
Old 03-09-2012   #6
thoughtsoutside

thoughtsoutside is an unknown quantity at this point
Why do you use the lose all money on arrest and death. Isn't that more annoying than more difficult? I think maybe the mod where you go to prison is better. It is a punishment, but not one where one would want to reload a save file. Plus, you get the option of escaping which is cool

Also, I am interested in mods which make the game harder or add gameplay features. For example, parkour (jumping mod), or kung fu (does not work for me) vehicle selection. I hope people post more recommendations.

Some other things
-try making the sprint function with weapon weight faster. I find doing so makes the game more fun. You are rewarded for good positioning, and the punishment is not too high for bad positioning (b/c you can just run out of there). It allows for more experimentation in battles. I think it becomes more dynamic.

edit1
spelling
thoughtsoutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012   #7
profsim

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoughtsoutside View Post
Why do you use the lose all money on arrest and death. Isn't that more annoying than more difficult? I think maybe the mod where you go to prison is better. It is a punishment, but not one where one would want to reload a save file. Plus, you get the option of escaping which is cool
I'm aiming for more realism than difficulty and if you were arrested by the police or injured in a crime bad enough to go to the hospital they would certainly take any weapons or large sums of money away from you. Plus it makes me use the bank account and weapon storage mods.
I plan on trying the prison mod after my first playthrough.