Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2012   #1
sachmo
Newbie Member

sachmo is an unknown quantity at this point
Newb question. Which mods should i use?

After seeing videos on youtube I bought GTAIV off of steam.

I just built a new computer and want to test it out with GTAIV. I understand that there are mods that enhance graphics even farther than the base copy. Which should I use?
sachmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/icenha...phic-mod-f9503

Backup your files first .. or you'll have to reinstall if you are not satifsied with it. I think this mod deserves a higher score, it's the 2nd most downloaded misc mod on gta4-mods.com and a really cool one. I can post some screens if you'd like.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012   #3
j0wnz

j0wnz is an unknown quantity at this point
depending which updated version you choose your decision should vary things out.
If you choose 1040 the IceEnhancers willdo. But I along with a few other now a days have 1070 patch and it works great with less bugs. but I would suggest going with ENB series visual mod if you got 1070 patched.
j0wnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Well I'm using patch 1.0.7.0. myself and am still using the graphics mod from that link. I still haven't found any graphics mod looking better than that one (and I've tried some out, also the update you mentioned). But all in all it's up to the uploader.. I'd say backup your files and try some mods out and see which one you like best
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012   #5
j0wnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist666 View Post
Well I'm using patch 1.0.7.0. myself and am still using the graphics mod from that link. I still haven't found any graphics mod looking better than that one (and I've tried some out, also the update you mentioned). But all in all it's up to the uploader.. I'd say backup your files and try some mods out and see which one you like best
I'd also recommend watchin a few of the youtube videos to see who has the ICEenhancer or ENB series configs looking best for you! theres lots out there!
Also you can fine tune the graphics to really sharpen and ehance your game. I had my GTA looking like Movie style graphics but I messed around too much and didnt back up my settings before changing other settings! so try to learn what does what and what is good for your GTA IV version

Sorry I cant point out to what mods out there but jsut a lil advice theres tons you gotta find the mods that you like or appeal to you. some like crazy stuff others like realistic type mods.
Old 01-28-2012   #6
Bateman
Newbie Member

Bateman is an unknown quantity at this point
Make sure to back up your files. I started messing with mods last night and I'm in the process of reinstalling GTA IV, because I tweaked too many settings and it made the game crash nearly after a few seconds of gameplay.
Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012   #7
j0wnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bateman View Post
Make sure to back up your files. I started messing with mods last night and I'm in the process of reinstalling GTA IV, because I tweaked too many settings and it made the game crash nearly after a few seconds of gameplay.
LEARN FROM OTHERS MISTAKES BEFORE IT BECOMES YOUR OWN!
ALWAYS BACK UP THE FILES BEFORE YOU MOD.
What I do is just back up my whole GTA IV so if there is anything to be re-done i just copy and paste the original files to my modded GTA IV = less RE-INSTALLING (in most cases)